Bill Gates says he was never in Steve Jobs' league

Reading comprehension isn't a valued skill these days. Gates was awkward on stage. Jobs knew what it took to work a crowd.

He could sell you nuclear waste and you'd be happy to buy it. Say what you will, Jobs just knew how to handle marketing to normal people in a way that few ever do.

You made a needlessly off topic post on something that otherwise warrants good discussion, not "PC master Race" nonsense.

You want hugs and kisses for that train of thought? What did PCMR have to do with this? How is it a sad day? What portion of your comment is valid?

Can you just take a break? It was a joke, nothing more nothing less. Yes, it was a little off topic, but you realizes that Bill Gates owns Microsoft. Steve Jobs owns Apple. They are competitors. Many people who use Windows do not like using Macs. 

Why do you have to go out of your way just to insult others... not trying to start a fight, but part of this forum is about having fun. I honor your opinion about PCMR, but that doesn't mean you have to attack other users. You can just respectfully tell me not to post this stuff.

not even butthurt

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

I can think of a few adjectives for Steve Jobs,

none of them are polite.

The way people worship this pretentious asshole is even more ridiculous than the whole Lord GabeN thing.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

for some reason I read this as Bill Nye, I was VERY confused

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I can think of a few adjectives for Steve Jobs,

none of them are polite.

The way people worship this pretentious asshole is even more ridiculous than the whole Lord GabeN thing.

I know a guy like that he will do sketches of Jobs in his free time and recently did a voice over on the apple think different ad. All I could think is are you fucking serious. I avoid taking comps with him at all

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Can you just take a break? It was a joke, nothing more nothing less. Yes, it was a little off topic, but you realizes that Bill Gates owns Microsoft. Steve Jobs owns Apple. They are competitors. Many people who use Windows do not like using Macs. 

Why do you have to go out of your way just to insult others... not trying to start a fight, but part of this forum is about having fun. I honor your opinion about PCMR, but that doesn't mean you have to attack other users. You can just respectfully tell me not to post this stuff.

not even butthurt

I think the issue is it's a tired joke, just like the "keep digging" and "AMD = HOT" and "can it run crysis" etc.  Not only are they old and no longer funny but in this case it literally has nothing to do with the topic,  Just about everyone knows who steve jobs and Bill gates is, that doesn't change the fact it has nothing to do with the pcmr.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I think the issue is it's a tired joke, just like the "keep digging" and "AMD = HOT" and "can it run crysis" etc.  Not only are they old and no longer funny but in this case it literally has nothing to do with the topic,  Just about everyone knows who steve jobs and Bill gates is, that doesn't change the fact it has nothing to do with the pcmr.

thank you for the explanation

plus that was the first time ive ever used a pcmr joke so now i guess i know how you guys feel bout that

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

thank you for the explanation

plus that was the first time ive ever used a pcmr joke so now i guess i know how you guys feel bout that

Some people like the pcmr stuff,  I would be lying if I said the forum in general feels a particular way about it, but at the end of the day if we don't pull up everyone (which includes the first timers who don't know better) who makes  said comments, then each thread just gets bombard with the same posts and old jokes over and over. In the end this ruins the thread for good discussion (and has the potential to start flame wars).

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Bill Gates never overestimates himself though. That is his greatest strength. People always saw him as a small figure but look where he got and where he is today. In my opinion he did way more for the industry then Jobs ever did.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Steve Jobs was best at tricking people to actually tell them what they need. All in the way of presenting, and people just sop that shit.  :lol:

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

well think about if bill gates called him a wanker people would get mad at him, the diplomatic route is always the best one in a case like this.

this

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

lol Steve Jobs isn't half the man Bill Gates is

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

-snip-

your comment is technically circle-jerky lol.

suppose mines is offtopic aswell. we're both made of the same thing.

Some people like the pcmr stuff,  I would be lying if I said the forum in general feels a particular way about it, but at the end of the day if we don't pull up everyone (which includes the first timers who don't know better) who makes  said comments, then each thread just gets bombard with the same posts and old jokes over and over. In the end this ruins the thread for good discussion (and has the potential to start flame wars).

pcmr is a very nice community of people. alas, some people are just full of hate. this forums has them too.

Gates praised the late Apple chief for his extraordinary showmanship and capability to market tech products.

Pretty much sums up everything he deserves credit for. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

It's a sad day that people like you even exist. This has nothing to do with PCMR childish nonsense.

Butthurt level over 9000, you know PCMR is satire ??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Guys everyone just calm down.

No need to get annoyed, just ingnore pcmr posts.

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Guys everyone just calm down.

No need to get annoyed, just ingnore pcmr posts.

Shh.. We need people to get butthurt over PCMR.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650