Bill Gates says he was never in Steve Jobs' league

Technically incorrect , technically...

Apple isn't happy with Walter Isaacson's authorized biography of Steve Jobs and is instead putting its deep faith behind a new work, "Becoming Steve Jobs," written by Brent Schlender and Rick Tetzeli.

Many adjectives have been used to describe Steve Jobs, the legendary founder of Apple, which is the world’s most valuable company today.

Words like hard, perfectionist, clever, and hardworking are often attributed to the man. But Microsoft founder, Bill Gates, has his own description of Jobs.

Gates was interviewed by the authors of the new Steve Jobs biography “Becoming Steve Jobs.” In the book,

Gates praised the late Apple chief for his extraordinary showmanship and capability to market tech products.

Gates was amazed by Jobs’ pursuit for perfection, particularly, during rehearsals for product launches, adding that Jobs was “really, really tough” on people when things weren’t ready

“I was never in his league"

Gates said that Jobs would tirelessly rehearse presentations with marketing and PR teams until everything was perfect.

The Microsoft founder also recalls how Jobs would pretend he was thinking over what he was saying while on stage.

“I mean, his whole thing of knowing exactly what he’s going to say, but up on stage saying it in such a way that he is trying to make you think he’s thinking it up right then,” -  Gates 

The book also reveals a time when Jobs alienated software developers that were crucial to the success of the Mac.

The authors, Brent Schlender of the Wall Street Journal and Rick Tetzeli of Fast Company, noted that Jobs got cocky about the Mac and ignored a community of software developers.

Gates summarized everything saying,

“Steve was a tough character.”

Source : http://www.cnet.com/news/bill-gates-says-he-was-never-in-steve-jobs-league/

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

it is a sad day for the PC master race...

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

What?

aqjouuK.png

It's a sad day that people like you even exist. This has nothing to do with PCMR childish nonsense.

wow thats semi-hurtful

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

People always take everything Bill Gates says out of context. Gates is saying that he wasn't in the same league as Jobs' in terms of presentation skills and the ability to market something to a person. Which is true, Steve Jobs could convince just about anybody that whatever he was talking about was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Weird. I understand what he means.. But still

well think about if bill gates called him a wanker people would get mad at him, the diplomatic route is always the best one in a case like this.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

People always take everything Bill Gates says out of context. Gates is saying that he wasn't in the same league as Jobs' in terms of presentation skills and the ability to market something to a person. Which is true, Steve Jobs could convince just about anybody that whatever he was talking about was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Reading comprehension isn't a valued skill these days. Gates was awkward on stage. Jobs knew what it took to work a crowd.

He could sell you nuclear waste and you'd be happy to buy it. Say what you will, Jobs just knew how to handle marketing to normal people in a way that few ever do.

wow thats semi-hurtful

You made a needlessly off topic post on something that otherwise warrants good discussion, not "PC master Race" nonsense.

You want hugs and kisses for that train of thought? What did PCMR have to do with this? How is it a sad day? What portion of your comment is valid?

Steve Jobs could convince a blind man to buy glasses...

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Macs are PCs

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

I don't agree. I mean, as far as we know, he didn't get a fat bearded man to think of all of his ideas and take credit.

Woz didn't come up with all of the ideas, what he did was make Steve's ideas a reality.

I never really liked Jobs way of presenting. I like very few tech presentations for that matter, only the Nvidia ones are okay and the Microsoft Keynotes are sometimes enjoyable.

For someone who knows tech they are always over pretentious, and I can see why they do it, but it doesn't work for me.

I'd rather listen to Bill Gates talk about something than Jobs, because with Gates I know that it would be something he cares about. 

I always felt like Jobs was more of PR guy. Still though, I might hate Apple, they had some "good" ideas and designs. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Woz didn't come up with all of the ideas, what he did was make Steve's ideas a reality.

Doesn't take away from the fact that Woz did a lot of the work

Am I the only one who genuinely doesn't care?

Maybe you shouldn't have commented then. have a opinion - yes, but saying don't care on every post is not an opinion.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Maybe you shouldn't have commented then. have a opinion - yes, but saying don't care on every post is not an opinion.

If you can manage to pull up a single post out of all 3,915 that I've made other than that one let us know.

2aiplvr.jpg

Of course he wasn't his Jobs' league. He was way above it.

I were thinking the same thing, when I saw that title.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

If you can manage to pull up a single post out of all 3,915 that I've made other than that one let us know.

that was not the point, saying you don't care is not helping this thread in anyway.

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Go away with that PCMR crap.

It's a sad day that people like you even exist. This has nothing to do with PCMR childish nonsense.

PCMR crap is so annoying.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

that was not the point, saying you don't care is not helping this thread in anyway.

Sure it does, I expressed my opinion which I am rightfully able to do. On the other hand you're just derailing the thread (CoC).

If I was Bill Gates, I too would feel out of my league. It is hard to live up to the world’s most over-glorified salesman.

Doesn't take away from the fact that Woz did a lot of the work

Doesn't take away from the fact that Steve and Woz were one, they would be almost useless without each other