Newsflash : cherry is failing to meet demands and is in a '' crisis ''

Ridska

Ridksa here ,

iv just gotten word that cherry , the german company who we love is in a demand crisis .

here have a look :

Pass the wrd on .

and as always , stay groovie :D

post-144483-0-07219900-1426612917_thumb.

(⌐■_■) 

And this is despite people complaining about cherry-clones everywhere.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

This isn't actually news, unfortunately. Has been going on for a while now, which is why many brands are making their own switches based on Cherry's designs. (since the patents ran up, too.)

How else would they be able to raise the prices. ^_^  :(  :unsure:  :angry:  :ph34r:

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

This isn't actually news, unfortunately. Has been going on for a while now, which is why many brands are making their own switches based on Cherry's designs. (since the patents ran up, too.)

I think cherry is going for the quality over quantety . i can understand that . 

(⌐■_■) 

Yeah the factory tour LTT did was really amazing, their quality is crazy :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I don't actually think that's true, either. Apparently recently manufactured cherry keys feel mushier until they're 'broken in.' :\

Go figure, over-engineering something that should be simple like a keyboard puts constrains on production. Goes along well with the Corsair keyboard not even a fucking former Microsoft programmer like Barnacules can code for.

-------

Current Rig

-------

well I'm just hopping they will not die due to that

Well...yes and now. From one side it's good that they generated such demand, that's a good problem to have. On the other hand, if they grossly miscalculated their production capabilities that's an important business issue: that miscalculation should have been taking care off since I doubt Corsair will call em up and say "Hey German folk! Have this extra 3 billion and build another factory we need them keyboards!" as opposed to just going "Yeah...just quietly switch to chinese switches, they have enough 12 year olds in factories to meet the demand"

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'd be fine with Cherry clones. But then again I'm a cheap bastard. Cherry should have licensed their design to a Chinese OEM or started a facility in China, where making any injection molded junk is cheap, but instead they'll be losing market share to the copycats.

Well...yes and now. From one side it's good that they generated such demand, that's a good problem to have. On the other hand, if they grossly miscalculated their production capabilities that's an important business issue: that miscalculation should have been taking care off since I doubt Corsair will call em up and say "Hey German folk! Have this extra 3 billion and build another factory we need them keyboards!" as opposed to just going "Yeah...just quietly switch to chinese switches, they have enough 12 year olds in factories to meet the demand"

Ok

1st : why would there give 3 billion ?! they would lose money and in return there would get nothing .

2nd : are you being like seth rogen ? you know , when nike offered his own production line and at the final momnet he asked nike : '' so how many taiwan 9 year olds do you have there working ? ''

3rd : for god freaking sake , they are german , i tell you , the most hardest working people iv ever seen .

for me its hard for them to miscalculate there production capabilities . in here , germany rules europe with a iron fist when it come to economics .

you should see this , there are even giving grece a hard time when it comes to money and economics ( the eurpean crisis ect ect ) .

(⌐■_■) 

Ok

1st : why would there give 3 billion ?! they would lose money and in return there would get nothing .

2nd : are you being like seth rogen ? you know , when nike offered his own production line and at the final momnet he asked nike : '' so how many taiwan 9 year olds do you have there working ? ''

3rd : for god freaking sake , they are german , i tell you , the most hardest working people iv ever seen .

for me its hard for them to miscalculate there production capabilities . in here , germany rules europe with a iron fist when it come to economics .

you should see this , there are even giving grece a hard time when it comes to money and economics ( the eurpean crisis ect ect ) .

1) I meant one of their key commercial partners is unlikely to give em a loan, particularly after they already committed to production and cannot deliver. But no worries I won't bother with sarcasm next time

2) Yeah...I pass on this one

3) Being committed to being a hard worked doesn't means that you can work as fast as 10 people to keep up with demand, Specially not when you submit your products to unnecessarily high QA standards for example: watch that Factory tour Linus did. 

The point is that you don't really need legendary german engineering and production for a stupid fucking keyboard: 99.99% of users will be satisfied with Kahler switches but will never admit that (In fact, a similar % would do just fine with membrane keyboards but that's another discussion altogether)

-------

Current Rig

-------

1) I meant one of their key commercial partners is unlikely to give em a loan, particularly after they already committed to production and cannot deliver. But no worries I won't bother with sarcasm next time

2) Yeah...I pass on this one

3) Being committed to being a hard worked doesn't means that you can work as fast as 10 people to keep up with demand, Specially not when you submit your products to unnecessarily high QA standards for example: watch that Factory tour Linus did. 

The point is that you don't really need legendary german engineering and production for a stupid fucking keyboard: 99.99% of users will be satisfied with Kahler switches but will never admit that (In fact, a similar % would do just fine with membrane keyboards but that's another discussion altogether)

Then you sir , can not appriciate greatness ...

(⌐■_■) 

This just means they're making more money gentlemen, not a crisis whatsoever...

Demand is a very good thing for a company

This just means they're making more money gentlemen, not a crisis whatsoever...

Demand is a very good thing for a company

Not when potential customers (the OEMs making the keyboards) are opting to use Chinese ripoffs. Supply limited market can only last so long. Either Cherry must increase production capacity or competitors will do it for them.

Not when potential customers (the OEMs making the keyboards) are opting to use Chinese ripoffs. Supply limited market can only last so long. Either Cherry must increase production capacity or competitors will do it for them.

As long as there is still a demand and they can supply in part, its a balance, but generally in business demand is more good than not. 

Still not sure whats going on in cherry though now do we

First I was pissed that everyone were hyping MX Blues and nobody were buying Browns and so keyboard manufacturers made less keyboards with Browns.

Now I'm pissed that Browns are sold out EVERYWHERE yet they're SWIMMING in Blues.

FML, just can't win.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

First I was pissed that everyone were hyping MX Blues and nobody were buying Browns and so keyboard manufacturers made less keyboards with Browns.

Now I'm pissed that Browns are sold out EVERYWHERE yet they're SWIMMING in Blues.

FML, just can't win.

I was never a fan woth the blues actually . Brown's are mutch better , in my opinion .

(⌐■_■) 

And when they have blue RGB switches, i'm going to have to sell my current keyboard.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

And this is despite people complaining about cherry-clones everywhere.

Gateron > Cherry MX

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

>Reads post
>Looks at keyboard
>It's mechanical
>Brown Switches
> AWWWWWWWWWWWW YEEAH

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45