Nintendo Announces "NX" Next-Gen System

ShadowCaptain

New membership service for NX, Wii U, 3DS, and PC also teased at media eventIn a media event today, Nintendo President Satoru Iwata mentioned a new next-generation hardware concept called NX.

Could this be a Nintendo box similar to the PS4 or Xbox One? A new handheld? A Nintendo smartphone?

Iwata revealed sparse details of the new "dedicated game system" during a joint announcement of its partnership with Japanese mobile gaming company DeNA.

"Nintendo, together with DeNA, will jointly develop a new membership service which encompasses the existing Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, the new hardware system with a brand-new concept, NX, and smart devices and PCs, and Nintendo will be the primary party to operate this new membership service," Iwata said via official translation.

"As proof that Nintendo maintains strong enthusiasm for the dedicated game system business, let me confirm that Nintendo is currently developing a dedicated game platform with a brand-new concept under the development codename 'NX,'" he said. "It is too early to elaborate on the details of this project, but we hope to share more information with you next year."

Source:http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/03/17/nx-is-nintendos-new-next-generation-hardware-system]http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/03/17/nx-is-nintendos-new-next-generation-hardware-systemOther Sources:

Click here to view the article

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

We already know the next tv console from Nintendo will be AMD powered. I think this will be a just that.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

They just released a new 3DS, so I assume it wont be that.

The purpose of life is to contribute in some way to making things better - RFK

Incredibly interesting! But I'm not too sure if they'd abandon the Wii U just yet.

Could be some kind of portable console that you can plug into your TV. Kind of like Wii U controller without needing the console itself. Bigger and more powerful than a real handheld but portable enough to lug around.

Maybe a device where you stream games from the cloud?

The purpose of life is to contribute in some way to making things better - RFK

they are going the wrong direction

they think because the wii U has weak hardware its the reason that it sold bad

not the fact that a few years in we only got HD remakes and a few good titles

really really bad move

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I just want to play Nintendo games on my pc... Prutty please Nintendo. I'll pay a premium for the games even, I dont care I just dont want to play a stupid  console  with gimped hardware. (by premium I mean like 50% off instead of 75% on Steam.)

The problem was, most people did not realise the Wii U was a new console at all

Could be some kind of portable console that you can plug into your TV. Kind of like Wii U controller without needing the console itself. Bigger and more powerful than a real handheld but portable enough to lug around.

Could be!, I mean nintendo consoles have always been small, why not a nintendo gaming tablet with TV streaming

Maybe a device where you stream games from the cloud?

Could be especially with them wanting a service to tie everything together

I just want to play Nintendo games on my pc... Prutty please Nintendo. I'll pay a premium for the games even, I dont care I just dont want to play a stupid  console  with gimped hardware. (by premium I mean like 50% off instead of 75% on Steam.)

in our dreams

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

THANK YOU. SOMETHING THAT ISN'T NAMED WII. Nintendo could really win a lot of us if they play their cards right. If it's as powerful as an xbox (atleast) without the gimmicky crap like the wii-u controller I'll buy.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Problem is nintendo's constant rehash of old IP.

Can we get something good once in a while that has nothing to do with Mario, Link, or Samus?

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

I really hope they produce a console that makes PS and Xbox embarrassed to be in the market. I want to see Nintendo push consoles so that all consoles might benefit from it.

None of that will matter though if they don't stop to actually make games for their consoles. Good console, not enough games.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Finally, 12K posts mate, congrats! :)

Back on topic:

This is certainly interesting. It'll be interesting to see it when and if it's released.

@ShadowCaptain

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Finally, 12K posts mate, congrats! :)

I didn't even notice 12k haha.. holy balls

Yeah new Nintendo stuff will always be fun

Problem is nintendo's constant rehash of old IP.

Can we get something good once in a while that has nothing to do with Mario, Link, or Samus?

They could get more AAA games if they don't mess up. The problem isn't really the rehash of old IP, it's more the lack of other major IP's meaning to play those you'll need another machine anyways.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I didn't even notice 12k haha.. holy balls

Yeah new Nintendo stuff will always be fun

Back Off Topic: I remember you getting 10K posts and doing that 10K post giveaway.

How long ago was that? :D

Back On Topic: Yeah, I agree with that. First Nintendo product I had was a Gameboy Colour and then the first console was the Nintendo 64. I spent many hours on that console playing Mario 64 amongst other games. Good times! :)

The partnership with DeNa is for DeNa is port Nintendo IPs into DeNa's heavily microtransactioned games. I personally dislike the DeNa grab the cash and run business model with those games but to each their own.  

The NX announcement is more exciting. Hopefully they will release more information soon.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/17/8230477/nintendo-dena-mobile-games-announcement

CPU Intel i7 5930k - Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe - RAM Kingston DDR4 32GB - GPU nVidia GeForce GTX980 3way SLI - Case NZXT H440 – Samsung XP941 m.2, Samsung 850 Pro, WD Black, WD Red - PSU Corsair Ax1200i

Back Off Topic: I remember you getting 10K posts and doing that 10K post giveaway.

How long ago was that? :D

Back On Topic: Yeah, I agree with that. First Nintendo product I had was a Gameboy Colour and then the first console was the Nintendo 64. I spent many hours on that console playing Mario 64 amongst other games. Good times! :)

January :P

I cant wait to get my classic collection off the ground again :D Need to get an N64 as I never had one as a kid

It's a codename so it won't be called that when it comes out. All they've said is that it's a new piece of hardware and that they'll have more to say about it next year. Also that the only reason that they were announcing it today was to re-affirm their commitment to dedicated gaming platforms. Purely a move to pre-emptively shut down any speculation that their move to mobile means the death of their portable business.

And I think it's pretty obvious which platform would get a successor first. The 3DS is two whole years older and the software lineup for this year is basically empty. The 3DS is selling better than the Wii U but that's mostly because it doesn't have much competition. Also with all the complaining about how underpowered the Wii U is, an upgraded 3DS would be a much bigger leap than an upgraded Wii U. Especially if they want to keep within the expected price-points.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

January

Ah wow! So you've done roughly 2K posts in 2 months. You must've been posting like a boss. :D

:P

Take a photo of you pulling that face and use it as your avatar. I dare ya! :P LOL

I cant wait to get my classic collection off the ground again :D Need to get an N64 as I never had one as a kid

Nice! What games are in this classic collection. I assume they're Nintendo 64 games, correct?

Wow, really?! That's interesting. Haha

really really bad move

Probably didn't help that the bad hardware stopped developers from making games for it though.

Ah wow! So you've done roughly 2K posts in 2 months. You must've been posting like a boss. :D

Take a photo of you pulling that face and use it as your avatar. I dare ya! :P LOL

Nice! What games are in this classic collection. I assume they're Nintendo 64 games, correct?

Wow, really?! That's interesting. Haha

I am a boss :P what do you mean like :D

maybe I will :D I need a new one, might take one tonight haha

oh all sorts, I love classic consoles!! I still love playing PS1 :D

I really hope they produce a console that makes PS and Xbox embarrassed to be in the market. I want to see Nintendo push consoles so that all consoles might benefit from it.

That will be hard without the silicon improvements to support that. New APUs may give a bump of 10% over the old MS and Sony consoles but if they want to "push" consoles forward, it's going to need a real GPU in there somewhere, which will ramp up the price.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

really really bad move

I agree 100% but nobody said it was a Wii U successor, they do have more than one platform ;)

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

few things bother me here:

1. nintendo insisting on creating hardware and not focusing on the reason why people like them at the first place: the 1st party games.

2. why nintendo isnt coming up with new games which arent complete gimmicks. its not that i dislike mario kart or think that the new smash games arent good..i think that since they created revolutionary games back in the nes area (mario,metroid etc etc) they didnt create anything new tbh...