Nintendo Announces "NX" Next-Gen System

ShadowCaptain

few things bother me here:

1. nintendo insisting on creating hardware and not focusing on the reason why people like them at the first place: the 1st party games.

2. why nintendo isnt coming up with new games which arent complete gimmicks. its not that i dislike mario kart or think that the new smash games arent good..i think that since they created revolutionary games back in the nes area (mario,metroid etc etc) they didnt create anything new tbh...

Its a 2 fold thing

1 -Nobody buys the consoles = smaller customer base =  less people making games for the console

2- No games for the console = less people buying the console = smaller customer base

Nintendo first party games are great but 3rd party support is lacking - there are games that did not come out for the Wii U because it just lacked the power

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I am a boss :P what do you mean like :D

Oh yeah, I forgot, my bad :D. You should change your member title to > LTT Forum's Boss <. LOL

Maybe I will :D I need a new one, might take one tonight haha

Cool beans! :D

Oh all sorts, I love classic consoles!! I still love playing PS1 :D

Ah nice! I too love classic consoles, just not the PS2 (haha).

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

few things bother me here:

1. nintendo insisting on creating hardware and not focusing on the reason why people like them at the first place: the 1st party games.

2. why nintendo isnt coming up with new games which arent complete gimmicks. its not that i dislike mario kart or think that the new smash games arent good..i think that since they created revolutionary games back in the nes area (mario,metroid etc etc) they didnt create anything new tbh...

1. They didn't say it was a Wii U successor and the numbers are on the side of it being a new portable. If they're going to be "talking about it more" next year then it's not going to release until presumably some time after that. At which point it will be at least five years since the 3DS' launch. Given they gave the GBA about four years and the DS around six years? I think it's time. The nail in the coffin is the fact that the 3DS basically has no new interesting content on the horizon and the Wii U's year is packed full of content. I mean the 3DS has 128MB of RAM and 240p screens FFS. I love the thing but it's a relic!

2. If they're good then what's the issue? http://www.metacritic.com/feature/game-publisher-rankings-for-2014-releases

And they don't create interesting new ideas and IP? What rock have you been living under?

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

would be ready to pay 500+ € for a nintendo system powered by nVidia with a GPU similar to the 970; or an in-house designed ASIC that outperforms jaguar

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

they are going the wrong direction

they think because the wii U has weak hardware its the reason that it sold bad

not the fact that a few years in we only got HD remakes and a few good titles

really really bad move

The bad hardware is the main reason why it's not selling.

Nobody spends that much money on a console that can't even compete with the ps3/xbox360 that are also cheaper.

Casual consoles like the Wii can't exist anymore because that market got overtaken by Android/IOS. 

What Nintendo needs is a console and an online service just as good as that of SONY and MS and the exclusives will do the rest for them.

RTX2070OC 

I say. Updated WiiU, which will allow a second game pad, or use a tablet, 3DS, or smartphone as second controller.

They won't release a new gaming console when you have all these WiiU games coming this year. Announcing a new gaming console, will results in no one buying these new games, and that would be more costly to Nintendo, then release these games, have them sale very well, and increase WiiU sales for teh holidays, THEN annonce a new console.

The WiiU was released in 2012. The general console generation last ~6 years. So say they cut it short to 5 years, they should announce a new gaming console in 2016, else 2017 as expected.

Nintendo isn't desperate for money, and if they do release a new gaming console. Like a new new one, not "New 3DS" style thing where the same games work, it will permamtly damage Nintendo. This would be the exact same mistake that Sega did, and why the Dreamcast didn't sale. Most people wanted to wait and see for the other consoles, AND expected that Sega to release something new right after, as they were burned before.

I say. Updated WiiU, which will allow a second game pad, or use a tablet, 3DS, or smartphone as second controller.

They won't release a new gaming console when you have all these WiiU games coming this year.

Well they are not announcing it yet, they said we will get more info next year, so it could be 2 years away before launch

I think its more of a "we are working on a new generation, dont worry we have not abandoned you"

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Well they are not announcing it yet, they said we will get more info next year, so it could be 2 years away before launch

I think its more of a "we are working on a new generation, dont worry we have not abandoned you"

It's not Nintendo like to announce new thing out of the open. Heck even Microsoft and Sony console you hear nothing about.

So we know exactly this: The letter "N" and the letter "X" both of them capitalized. Do we really need to launch a fucking discussion or a news article here guys? Come the fuck on, wait until they actually say something about the stupid fucking thing, you're just giving them fucking hype for nothing. Don't you think you're all better than that?

-------

Current Rig

-------

So we know exactly this: The letter "N" and the letter "X" both of them capitalized. Do we really need to launch a fucking discussion or a news article here guys? Come the fuck on, wait until they actually say something about the stupid fucking thing, you're just giving them fucking hype for nothing. Don't you think you're all better than that?

Yes, speculation is interesting.

It's not Nintendo like to announce new thing out of the open. Heck even Microsoft and Sony console you hear nothing about.

Exactly, but Nintendo ARE a business, maybe they are changing or trying to do something new, they need to get more people on their side to shift more devices, its all well and good being "nintendo" but if nobody buys their consoles and games, they may aswell not exist

Let me see

News- newly received or noteworthy information, especially about recent events.

Forum - a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Sure.. seems perfectly fine to discuss our ideas and views on some news from Nintendo... what's the problem? If you dont want to discuss it, you can skip the topic

besides there was also news and information about the partnership with Japanese mobile company DeNA which IS actual news - a new device surrounding the services this new partnership offers

Why know more than just 2 letters, at least enough to speculate and discuss these pieces of news from nintendo here on our discussion forum

Yes, speculation is interesting.

Oh ok. Here I have some great news for you! ​source coming later Nvidia just announced that they're coming up with new hardware! The Nvidia XF

No there's no pics, no specs, no idea what line this is for, we basically have no other info other than Nvidia said "The Nvidia XF" during some presentation somewhere. Speculate away my boys!

-------

Current Rig

-------

Oh ok. Here I have some great news for you! ​source coming later Nvidia just announced that they're coming up with new hardware! The Nvidia XF

No there's no pics, no specs, no idea what line this is for, we basically have no other info other than Nvidia said "The Nvidia XF" during some presentation somewhere. Speculate away my boys!

But if Nvidia mentioned something about teaming up with Samsung - we would speculate some sort of new mobile phone GPU was due etc -

My original posts contains a lot more information than two letters

For example this:

"Nintendo, together with DeNA, will jointly develop a new membership service which encompasses the existing Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, the new hardware system with a brand-new concept, NX, and smart devices and PCs, and Nintendo will be the primary party to operate this new membership service," 

More than just two letters were announced, read the damn OP. It's still interesting as hell though as to what it could be. If you're not interested, just leave the thread.

Let me see

No, let ME see:

-Some affiliation with a media company you barely comment about in the OP

-You wrote a measly 2 line paragraph which basically amounts to 2 new letters, new hardware! Speculation time! Let me write a bit more redundant and painfully obvious meaningless statements to meet my required quota that adheres to the News forum CoC so I don't get locked, deleted or merged!

-Let's copy/paste the most important part of the announcement (which is basically nothing to do with the new console) and post it quickly!

-OMG FIRSTS!!1 I'll be mentioned on the WAN show (if they remember) YAY

The only reason why I'm sure nobody else will back me up or point out how fucking stupid this "news" item is ammounts to the fact that this forum is just too heavy with Nintendo fanboys: for some stupid fucking reason I cannot comprehend PC gamers feel that they should still care about Nintendo. In paper mind you, nobody's fucking buying their consoles or games anyway, but they like to feel "open minded" by saying "Yay go Nintendo!" From time to time.

-------

Current Rig

-------

More than just two letters were announced, read the damn OP. It's still interesting as hell though as to what it could be. If you're not interested, just leave the thread.

No, it is not. There is NOTHING about the supposedly new fucking console. There's some unrelated crap about some random telecom that I'm sure will never fucking leave Japan anyway. That's the bulk of the post, you're just well....special. So special I've gotta go do something brb!

-------

Current Rig

-------

SNIP

1) I dont like Nintendo or own any Nintendo products (besides my old GBA from when I was 10)

2) I dont care about being first, heck the Nintendo news was on my local radio station!!! (at least twice now) and I checked the forum - there was no post, so I googled some information and posted it on the forum - I dont know much about that company, I just posted what I found on a couple of big named websites - you can research more yourself this is not a review its news

3) I barely even watch the WAN show, especially not live

A few things:

Devs need to understand that we take serious pride in the amount of many and time we spend building our platform. We (or maybe just me, but I doubt it) don't want out computers running the same games as others (you know what I mean)mor even sharing the same communications platform. Again, I could be a minority with my stance. All this "cross platform" stuff I don't like one bit...

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

NX Would probably be a bit like New 3DS

New 3DS is a 3DS, just with stronger hardware. They talked about how that was a better idea than launching a totally new handheld because games still work, developers doesn't have to do any changes for stuff to work on it, but can make games with higher graphics etc.

I suspect NX is somewhat the same. It will be a hardcore Wii U or so. Much stronger, and more expensive, but fully compatible with Wii U games so that it doesn't force developers change around at once, they can make the game the same way, just include better graphics, if they want (which they probably do).

If they're gonna talk about it next year it can ship later than sometime in 2017. That is closing in on 5 years since Wii U (5 years in late november 2017) which really is an acceptable time for a new console. But if they do as I suspect a 2016 release wouldn't be a problem since games will, from the start atleast, backwards compatible. 

And yes, probably stronger than the PS4. Maybe not more than it will run every game in 1080p 60fps when the PS4 only reaches 900p 30fps (okey that's maybe a bit much but one can dream)

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

A few things:

Devs need to understand that we take serious pride in the amount of many and time we spend building our platform. We (or maybe just me, but I doubt it) don't want out computers running the same games as others (you know what I mean)mor even sharing the same communications platform. Again, I could be a minority with my stance. All this "cross platform" stuff I don't like one bit...

And you need to understand that you are in the minority as an enthusiast. I would rather a game come out across platform, than only be exclusive on one. Sharing communications is great too, then I can chat to my friends playing on their console, if that means I can play games with them too thats awesome!

Obviously I wish there was only ONE platform, but that is unrealistic

"dedicated game platform".

Could be a few things, the best money would be on a joint 3DS/Wii U tablet successor, I've talked about this in the past but I'll share the basis of my speculation first.

Basically I believe the next Nintendo handheld will have only 1 screen and would be capable of playing new games and 3DS titles. But wait, how will it play 3DS titles? Well by connecting to the home console and using the TV screen as the top screen. What this means is that the handheld will be capable of sending and receiving data so it could also function as a controller for the home console to provide Wii U backwards compatibility. This may mean that you need to own both handheld and console for Wii U backwards compatibility but at least it would be possible. For 3DS backwards compatibilty it could be possible to use a USD/Hdmi receiver on the TV in place of a dedicated console.

All speculation of course, It could easily also be a smartphone or maybe even VR.

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

And you need to understand that you are in the minority as an enthusiast. I would rather a game come out across platform, than only be exclusive on one. Sharing communications is great too, then I can chat to my friends playing on their console, if that means I can play games with them too thats awesome!

Obviously I wish there was only ONE platform, but that is unrealistic

I figured :P

But yeah, maybe I need to loosen up a bit. My brother is a console owner and doesn't have a headset, so he uses the TV speakers and kinect thing for VoIP. I can hear some of the matches and it's pretty disappointing how rude everyone is to each other... Or maybe I'm seeing the bad side of consoles and only the good side of pcs. I would just feel like a hell of a lot of money I wasted on insane computer power relevant to a consoles go to waste with a cross platform solution that allows developers to develop in "one platform" which I speculate would imply only the computing power of an xbox whatever would be available to use. If the cross platform is optional and developers still take the time to build pc only versions of games, than I'm all for it. It sounds pretty freaking cool to play your pcmr games one minute, go on cross platform or whatever, and then play with your console friends the next.

Idk man I'm assuming all of this... maybe it's time to hang up the tinfoil hat

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

i would say it surpasses ps4 hopefully its 20nm so they can use a more robust APU with HBM that would rock if it has 30-50% more performance than a ps4 so all x1 ps4 games could be easily ported to it. truthfully i hope its 4k capable, as long as nintendo first party games run 30fps 4k then they can say they are the worlds first true 4k console

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

SNIP

There is no reason cross platform games have to be bad, look at something like Tomb Raider or Metro 2033 etc - they are great multi platform releases that play fine

Bad community? ever played LoL/Dota 2? CS:GO? Battlefield? - its FULL of assholes, the only benefit is that generally pc games do nto have VOIP clients built into the games so we dont have to hear them

If they come out with a new console in the next ~6 months I know someone whos gonna be angry because he/she just bought a Wii U 2 weeks ago lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1