Worst Tech mistake you have ever made?

Mitch

I killed one of my titans during an Ln2 overclocking. I've put ln2 in the cpu pot, ram pot and.... fail inc.. only 3 gpu pots, instead of all 4.... luckily I had some titans in back-up.

It was more funny than embarrassing tho, sometimes you do something so seriously that you forgot a little detail

Luckily I had titans in backup xD

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

How could i forget, i few down the stairs with my brand new pc a while ago, it still works.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Just heard someone was searching for a LAPTOP for DESKTOP usage. I think I need a million desk to facedesk trough.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

My friend wanted a gaming rig for less than 500$. Requirements, it should run BF4 and Watch Dogs at 60 FPS on high settings.

I laughed, a lot.

It's possible, as long as you don't include the OS in the price.

It's possible, as long as you don't include the OS in the price.

No it's not.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

No it's not.

Motherboard:  Asus M5A78L-M LX PLUS Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($39.99 @ NCIX US) 
Storage:  Hitachi  500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card:  PowerColor Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card  ($199.99 @ Newegg) 
Case:  Antec VSK-3000 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($19.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply:  Thermaltake TR2 600W ATX12V Power Supply  ($24.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $475.92
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-09 15:58 EDT-0400)

I beg to differ.

Motherboard:  Asus M5A78L-M LX PLUS Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($39.99 @ NCIX US) 
Storage:  Hitachi  500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card:  PowerColor Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card  ($199.99 @ Newegg) 
Case:  Antec VSK-3000 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($19.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply:  Thermaltake TR2 600W ATX12V Power Supply  ($24.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $475.92
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-09 15:58 EDT-0400)

I beg to differ.

That. Will. Not. Run Watch Dogs nor BF4 on high settings @ 60 FPS.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

That rig can play BF3 maxed out (besides AA) at 60+ FPS. It can definitely handle BF4 at high settings at around 60 FPS. The 7950 is a beast of a card, so it should be able to easily handle Watch Dogs.

Yes it will my rig should go up to mid/high and keep 60fps no prob!And that is a better gpu then I have!

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

That rig can play BF3 maxed out (besides AA) at 60+ FPS. It can definitely handle BF4 at high settings at around 60 FPS. The 7950 is a beast of a card, so it should be able to easily handle Watch Dogs.

Yes it will my rig should go up to mid/high and keep 60fps no prob!And that is a better gpu then I have!

SLI 780's drop to 75-80 FPS. I want to see a Fraps Benchmark. 64 Player Conquest, Gulf of Oman.

well after a long day at school and almost no sleep the night before i came home to a package containing my AX 760 PSU. i hurried to put it in and the pc would boot for a couple of seconds the go into a constant restart cycle after about 20 minutes i realized i had forgot to put in the 8 Pin at the top of the motherboard -_-

SLI 780's drop to 75-80 FPS. I want to see a Fraps Benchmark. 64 Player Conquest, Gulf of Oman.

You said BF3, not 64 player multiplayer BF3.

I personally hate incredibly populated BF3 servers, it completely breaks proper cooperation with the team. How do you know that he wanted to play 64 player multiplayer servers?

You said BF3, not 64 player multiplayer BF3.

I personally hate incredibly populated BF3 servers, it completely breaks proper cooperation with the team. How do you know that he wanted to play 64 player multiplayer servers?

Because we play it all the time? He wants a rig that can handle high settings. He is playing @ low with 30 FPS currently.

My 660 can max 64 man out at 60 fps as the lowest fps 

Edit sorry to be off topic I am done now lol :)

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

My 660 can max 64 man out at 60 fps as the lowest fps 

Edit sorry to be off topic I am done now lol :)

If you stare in to a wall maybe.

I remembered something that I did a couple years ago. I tried unplugging a sata from the mobo and ended up ripping off a sata port :S.

The person's computer I was cleaning had 4 sata ports and they only needed 2 so...

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

I remembered something that I did a couple years ago. I tried unplugging a sata from the mobo and ended up ripping off a sata port :S.

The person's computer I was cleaning had 4 sata ports and they only needed 2 so...

Err OK, so the ports were well attached then if you're able to rip them off lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

i used the wrong screws for my radiator and i drilled a hole in the radiator :P

when i was filling the loop 

huge leakage :P 

but its fixed for a couple of euros 

funny story 

now its a beast watercooling loop

Err OK, so the ports were well attached then if you're able to rip them off lol

I know right?

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Washing an acrylic side panel window with tap water and a towel. #scratches

Not really stupid but when I was messing with some cables (just grouping them off to the side, not unpluging them or anything like that) and I hit the power button on my mobo, nearly peed myself when the pc started roaring and the leds turned on

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop

I installed a Hyper 212 in a system with two noctuas, wondered why it was so noisy* then saw that I'd pointed them both inwards so the fans were blowing directly into each other.

*6 months after having done it......

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical

I thought this nasty ass Masscool HDD cooler was a HDD itself. This is super clean compared to how I pulled it out of the rig. The fans hadn't worked for like a year and a half.

294071_4767164291496_233574831_n.jpg