Valve was given a 'F' in customer service by the BBB

Excuse me for a Kotaku link, but Valve is aware of their customer supports' exceptionally poor reputation and is not excited over them getting an F from the BBB.

http://steamed.kotaku.com/valve-is-not-psyched-they-got-an-f-in-customer-service-1691308332

Erik Johnson says they "have to do better." Mad props to him, but I wonder how long Valve is gonna take to improve their customer support, knowing how historically slow Valve is.

Excuse me for a Kotaku link, but Valve is aware of their customer supports' exceptionally poor reputation and is not excited over them getting an F from the BBB.

http://steamed.kotaku.com/valve-is-not-psyched-they-got-an-f-in-customer-service-1691308332

Erik Johnson says they "have to do better." Mad props to him, but I wonder how long Valve is gonna take to improve their customer support, knowing how historically slow Valve is.

Mad props for what? For acknowledging that their customer service is a sack of shit? They get props for admitting they are bottom of the barrel? They get props because Erik gave a canned response that was approved by the legal team? 

Really? Our standards are so bad we are giving props to companies for admitting they have shitty service, service that shouldn't be shitty in the first place? 

Mad props for what? For acknowledging that their customer service is a sack of shit? They get props for admitting they are bottom of the barrel? They get props because Erik gave a canned response that was approved by the legal team? 

Really? Our standards are so bad we are giving props to companies for admitting they have shitty service, service that shouldn't be shitty in the first place? 

For being aware of the problem and wanting to fix it. Now they have to act on that second part.

For being aware of the problem and wanting to fix it. Now they have to act on that second part.

Didn't take EA that long to get with the program. Origin has been a thing for a hell of a lot less time than Steam and EA has better support so far.

Didn't take EA that long to get with the program. Origin has been a thing for a hell of a lot less time than Steam and EA has better support so far.

According to that article, most of the people who are supposed to work on support prefer using Reddit or Twitter to get the job done. Perhaps if they could incentivize them to use the actual online support line and open up a 24/7 phone line for additional support when the online support line is congested or for more real-time support, that'd be great. Until then, I'll continue criticizing Valve for their shitty customer support - and encourage others to do the same.

According to that article, most of the people who are supposed to work on support prefer using Reddit or Twitter to get the job done. Perhaps if they could incentivize them to use the actual support line and open up a 24/7 phone line for additional support when the online support system is congested or for more real-time support, that'd be great. Until then, I'll continue criticizing Valve for their shitty customer support - and encourage others to do the same.

Yeah.

I just don't understand with the amount of revenue Valve has, that they're not able to have proper customer support? It blows my mind.

Yeah.

I just don't understand with the amount of revenue Valve has, that they're not able to have proper customer support? It blows my mind.

It baffles me too how a billion-dollar business like this can have such bad customer support. Then again, Ubisoft does too, but Ubisoft does not have the same-size slice of the digital distribution market as Valve.

While I do agree that their customer service can be pretty terrible, I do wonder how many of these complaints are made by the less reputable customers that clearly violate the terms and conditions outlined by Valve?

BBB takes that into account and does very thorough investigation into the matter. No one gets a grade they don't deserve.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Maybe Valve just lacks supervision since everyone can apparently do whatever they want there.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Not true. I have plenty of legit friends who constantly have problems with Steam Support.

Well it could be true, I was wondering if those that defy the terms and conditions of Steam were included and whether they make up a large portion of the BBB results. I was not saying all those having terrible customer support were those in question. Patrickjp93 seems to have addressed this direction of thought.

BBB takes that into account and does very thorough investigation into the matter. No one gets a grade they don't deserve.

Good to know.

Hope Valve gets their shit together this year. If necessary they should outsource support.

Definitely horrible service. It takes them two weeks to respond to my tickets and then another week after that to deliberate the problem and "solve" it. I have abandoned every ticket for the lack of support.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I feel like these customers are the ones who buy off G2A and equivalent...

I've never heard this from normal customers.

You wait weeks to get a response if you do at all from them , they literally don't give a fuck believe me. 

Honestly, I hated steam when it first came out and I had to use it for some games. Most did. I don't understand how they got so big. They only reason they are good is they are big and everyone is on it. Now it's like the facebook of gaming. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Between the horrendous UI updates, broken green lights, early access, that region lock, a dumb recommendation system that keeps telling me to go play terrible FTP games and the god-awful support I've really started to dislike Steam.

They really need to get their crap together before continuing to dick around with Steam machines, controllers and other crud no one asked for.     

I do wonder

but, what is the major problem from steam users that commonly happen outside the "game problems" which obviously valve nothing had to do except if it's their own game?

I know steam for like ever since it was released for public, but unfortunately only accessible from my country few years later.

I have 3 games which refuse to load, submitted multiple tickets... and I'm still waiting for a response. 

Oh, and that was last year. Valve can go fuck itself in an alley until they pull their head out their ass holes and fix their customer service. 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

I see most people like Microsoft employees here it's about Xbox live comeback LOL,

We always hear bad experiences but sorry guys mine was very well,

I opened a ticket because I got a problem with the mail on my Steam account on the next day they solved it....

So they aren't as bad as many think and there support assistance website are made very well.

Maybe they need to improve it but it's not cause you got a bad experience that they are bad too.

And if you aren't happy you can always go somewhere else.....

"Innovation is the only way to progress"

"To every action there is always an opposed equal reaction"

"There is only one road, always straight"

While I do agree that their customer service can be pretty terrible, I do wonder how many of these complaints are made by the less reputable customers that clearly violate the terms and conditions outlined by Valve?

Some dude or a group of people started sending me friend request with like over 100 bots within 2 hours. It stopped me from people sending me friend request for a few weeks lol

The reason why they did it because they wanted to do a trade scam. I had a really expensive item in a game (cs:go). I tried getting help from valve but didnt even get no message back (its been months) but got it recently fixed.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

Yep, they're smoldering trash in that department.

However, so is the BBB, which is just a lazy excuse to make America look like it cares about consumers, when in reality, they're the only "consumer protection" agency in the entire western world completely devoid of any power or influence.

Want to make anyone care? Get a real consumer protection system. One that is able to hand out fines, and shut down companies. Then we'll talk.

America has one of the best consumer protections in the world. 

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Do you have a source for that? Please elaborate and explain.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Oh-Wait-Your-Serious-Let-Me-Laugh-Even-H

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

And if you aren't happy you can always go somewhere else.....

I agree with most of your post... I never had a problem.

But "And if you aren't happy you can always go somewhere else....." Where should these people go? There IS no other DD service with the amount of content as Valve has.

You clearly don't live in the US.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

I agree with most of your post... I never had a problem.

But "And if you aren't happy you can always go somewhere else....." Where should these people go? There IS no other DD service with the amount of content as Valve has.

There's a relatively simple solution for Steam support.

Get a tattoo of your password and username, somewhere on your body. God help you if you lose either of those.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs