Valve was given a 'F' in customer service by the BBB

Oh-Wait-Your-Serious-Let-Me-Laugh-Even-H

Do you have a source for that? Please elaborate and explain.

http://www.federalreserve.gov/bankinforeg/regecg.htm

theres a bunch of other court cases to, but I don't want to find them and link them all. America still uses outdated magnetic strips, but if there is a credit card fraud, there isn't any country like amerca that protects the consumer. EU moved to the chip things, but I've read that its still hard to get back money if there is a credit card fraud.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Steam's support is terrible. About a month ago a friend lost his account to a hacker, from China, who some how managed to bypass his 2-factor authentication. He can't play any of his games and Steam has yet to respond to any of his tickets, emails, or other inquiries. He doesn't care about his lost Dota2 or CS:GO items, he just wants his account back at this point.

I'd say an F is accurate.

I agree with most of your post... I never had a problem.

But "And if you aren't happy you can always go somewhere else....." Where should these people go? There IS no other DD service with the amount of content as Valve has.

Yeah I recognise it's not quite simple as it is but many people complain about problems they just create themselves so constant and variables.

Steam's support is terrible. About a month ago a friend lost his account to a hacker, from China, who some how managed to bypass his 2-factor authentication. He can't play any of his games and Steam has yet to respond to any of his tickets, emails, or other inquiries. He doesn't care about his lost Dota2 or CS:GO items, he just wants his account back at this point.

I'd say an F is accurate.

Just like I already said people complain about their problems but when u see for the most the passwords they use & much of the time is the same for all their accounts they just can blame themselves.

So ok sometimes their requests are legit most of totally not. 

Just learn about ur mistakes that's it.

"Innovation is the only way to progress"

"To every action there is always an opposed equal reaction"

"There is only one road, always straight"

http://www.federalreserve.gov/bankinforeg/regecg.htm

theres a bunch of other court cases to, but I don't want to find them and link them all. America still uses outdated magnetic strips, but if there is a credit card fraud, there isn't any country like amerca that protects the consumer. EU moved to the chip things, but I've read that its still hard to get back money if there is a credit card fraud.

What does Credit Card fraud have to do with anything? That's a totally different situation, regulated by very specific laws. Canada also has excellent Credit Card fraud laws. Generally speaking, you can charge-back pretty much anything without too much of a fight.

However, even if someone did steal your credit card and steam account, steam perma-bans accounts that perform credit card charge-backs. Sure, Support will un-ban you once you're able to explain yourself provide proof, but look what it takes to even get ahold of Steam at all?

Weeks can go by before they even respond to your email. And usually even then it's just some canned response "Did you try turning it off then back on again" crap, often never having read the detailed email you sent them, in which you explain you already tried such and such, despite them telling you to do it again.

Furthermore, Steam doesn't even have a 1st party return/exchange policy. Even EA beat them to that. When EA beats you in customer service, that's just embarrassing.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

What do you file a ticket with Valve for, other than a hacked account?

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Game not properly registering with your account. Had that happen twice.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Conceivably, maybe for network issues as well (x game won't update, or the update fails, etc), but that crosses into the territory of it could be Valve, or it could be a Dev issue.

I'm sure a lot of support tickets are simply incorrectly submitted to Valve, about technical support for 3rd party games.

But even so, for legitimate support requests, they can be quite awful.

Game not properly registering with your account. Had that happen twice.

Good point. I've never personally experienced this, but I would find it incredibly frustrating.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

What does Credit Card fraud have to do with anything? That's a totally different situation, regulated by very specific laws. Canada also has excellent Credit Card fraud laws. Generally speaking, you can charge-back pretty much anything without too much of a fight.

However, even if someone did steal your credit card and steam account, steam perma-bans accounts that perform credit card charge-backs. Sure, Support will un-ban you once you're able to explain yourself provide proof, but look what it takes to even get ahold of Steam at all?

Weeks can go by before they even respond to your email. And usually even then it's just some canned response "Did you try turning it off then back on again" crap, often never having read the detailed email you sent them, in which you explain you already tried such and such, despite them telling you to do it again.

Furthermore, Steam doesn't even have a 1st party return/exchange policy. Even EA beat them to that. When EA beats you in customer service, that's just embarrassing.

Steam? what does steam have to do with anything. I was talking about america's consumer protection

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

I'm lucky I've never had to use it.

Steam? what does steam have to do with anything. I was talking about america's consumer protection

Considering our "consumer protection" laws, allow a company like Samsung to create smart TV's that spy on you, and the fact that it's a felony to "tamper" with the device that you own in order to prevent said spying...

No, we do NOT have good consumer protection laws, not by a long shot.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Tbh I never even knew they had a customer service.

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

Considering our "consumer protection" laws, allow a company like Samsung to create smart TV's that spy on you, and the fact that it's a felony to "tamper" with the device that you own in order to prevent said spying...

No, we do NOT have good consumer protection laws, not by a long shot.

Um, what you're referring to wouldn't be considered consumer protection....

Heres from google

"Consumer protection is a group of laws and organizations designed to ensure the rights of consumers as well as fair trade, competition and accurate information in the marketplace. "

it has more to do with business practices, and not being able to scam customers.... privacy is a different matter.

Um, what you're referring to wouldn't be considered consumer protection....

Heres from google

"Consumer protection is a group of laws and organizations designed to ensure the rights of consumers as well as fair trade, competition and accurate information in the marketplace. "

That was kind of my point, we don't even have the right to modify that which we own. In fact, we somehow get sent to jail for it.

I feel like these customers are the ones who buy off G2A and equivalent...

I've never heard this from normal customers.

my mafia 2 game stopped working after the 1st cut scene, i had to download a patch but the it didnt fix the problem. first went on steam customer service. they only let you do a email thread to do (like a private message on LTT) they took 3 months to answer back and when they answered they just gave me a link to 2K customer support. i waited 2 days when i emailed steam, then got tired of waiting and went to 2K support myself (before steam replied to me after 3 months). 2k was soooo helpful with the support even for a game at the time was 4 years old. they gave me a special patch download that had instructions of executed the patch though command prompt. 2K replied to my email within 2 hours compared to steams 3 months. steam support is very bad. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

That was kind of my point, we don't even have the right to modify that which we own. In fact, we somehow get sent to jail for it.

Well that's not really consumer protection. That term has more to do with economics. But I do see what you mean, just not the right term.

Definitely horrible service. It takes them two weeks to respond to my tickets and then another week after that to deliberate the problem and "solve" it. I have abandoned every ticket for the lack of support.

Only time i contacted them i got a response within a couple hours and it was helpful.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Well that's not really consumer protection. That term has more to do with economics. But I do see what you mean, just not the right term.

It really is about consumer protection, we have a device that spies on the consumer, which could be potentially harmful to said consumer (someone hacks into it from outside, spies on you, overhears private information, blackmails you/steals your identity/ whatever) and has capabilities that the end user and owner of the device can't even turn off.

It really is about consumer protection, we have a device that spies on the consumer, which could be potentially harmful to said consumer (someone hacks into it from outside, spies on you, overhears private information, blackmails you/steals your identity/ whatever) and has capabilities that the end user and owner of the device can't even turn off.

Consumer protection refers to economic protection. Not physical or mental protection.

Consumer protection refers to economic protection. Not physical or mental protection.

I guess we have a different definition of consumer protection then.

Mad fucking props to Valve. I can't stand when we get cookie cutter responses that have been cleared by a fuckton of lawyers and have zero heart behind them.

What Valve has done here deserves huge respect. Very few companies will speak freely as if they were one individual who has made a mistake and intends to rectify it.

Usually companies as big as Valve will give a blameless political kind of response that's just vague enough to place zero blame on anyone, while taking zero responsibility for bad customer service.

Valve stepped up like an adult and said, "We know we suck at this part of business, we're gonna try to fix it, we promise".

Now what they end up doing from here on out is what is going to define them, but the fact that they stepped up, admitted to their shitty quality service and explained that they hope to fix it is something that should be viewed as an example to others.

Cheers Valve!

umm 

Gabe Newell Helps Steam User & Saves the Day

You don't own source code. And when you buy a game you don't "own" "the game" you own a license to play it.

You don't own source code. And when you buy a game you don't "own" "the game" you own a license to play it.

True, never mind that I was talking about a device.

And the funny part is that it's still better than most physical retailers ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*