Galaxy Note II saves a life?

Original Article: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/03/08/galaxy-note-ii-blocks-bullet-to-save-police-officers-life

Article 2: http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/galaxy-note-2-saves-cop/

galaxy-note-ii-review-006-640x426.jpg

A Police Officer in Thailand has narrowly escaped death or life changing injuries by gunshot due to a certain phone in his pocket. Reportedly, his Galaxy Note II decelerated the bullet enough to note (pun note intentionally made, okay maybe that one was.) fatally injure the police officer.

Unfortunately, I could not locate an image of the phone in question.

The phone was in his left side pocket and caught the bullet thus not majorly injuring the officer, the phone how ever is a different story and is no longer functioning. Samsung has come out and offered to replace the phone with a brand new Galaxy S6. (That's a nice gesture, since they didn't really have to do anything) and pay any travel expenses that may occur.

Apon being offered a new phone, Sergeant Police Major General Sophon Thonglorm (that is one long arsed title) has accepted the offer from Samsung although is yet to fly out to Bangkok to receive his new device. 

My Thoughts?

That officer is one lucky person. I am surprised that the phone was able to decelerate the bullet enough, I personally would have thought it would go right through the phone. Also, props to Samsung as they didn't have to offer him a new phone. 

Your Thoughts, Please leave them down below.

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

they affect us badly but at least they hare made out of hard material  

I didn't know what to put here...

I think any modern smartphones even a iPhone4s would've saved him.

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

A shop keeper was once shot too, HTC saved him and HTC gave him a get well soon pack with a new  HTC EVO (my bad)

Also, does anyone know what bullet was shot at him? 

A Police Officer in Thailand has narrowly escaped death or life changing injuries by gunshot due to a certain phone in his pocket. Reportedly, his Galaxy Note II decelerated the bullet enough to note fatally injure the police officer.

Pun intended?

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Pun intended?

Yes of course it was #shiftyeyes  ;) ...... it totally wasn't just my bad spelling. I think I will leave that in there.

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

A shop keeper was once shot too, HTC saved him and HTC gave him a get well soon pack with a new  HTC EVO (my bad)

His EVO was the one that got shot, HTC sent him a new M7 (flagship at the time)

"Rawr XD"

the phone how ever is a different story and is no longer functioning.

No shit xD

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Fatal injury in the leg?

Ever wondered why there's no armor for the legs?

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Fatal injury in the leg?

Ever wondered why there's no armor for the legs?

If the bullet hit a major artery in his leg, he could have bled out.

As for the armor on the leg, perhaps it would restrict movement when chasing after people?

Ryze of the Phoenix: 

If the bullet hit a major artery in his leg, he could have bled out.

As for the armor on the leg, perhaps it would restrict movement when chasing after people?

If you hit a major artery anywhere, you can bleed out.

K70 RGB

If you hit a major artery anywhere, you can bleed out.

I know that, its just you questioned fatal injury in the leg. I was assuming you were wandering how that could happen.

Ryze of the Phoenix: 

"Reportedly, his Galaxy Note II decelerated the bullet enough to note fatally injure the police officer."  Pun not done well enough  :P

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

i think an older phone would stop it even more.

original.jpeg

That would stop a tank shell

You forgot your /s tag.

K70 RGB

Some other police officer carrying a nokia WP also got saved by his phone.

And a Nokia would take the bullet, hop out of the guys pocket, and beat the gunman to death with itself.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I might keep my note 2 after all xD just keep it as a bulletproof patch.

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

Damn.  He better buy a lottery ticket.

...Joking aside, it's amazing how that happened.  I remember Mythbusters did an episode testing various things that could be in your pocket that could stop a bullet.  None did, but they all slowed them down quite a bit.

[witty signature]

You forgot your /s tag.

If you honestly need an /s tag for that kinda post, you've got bigger problems son

Yeah the bullet would have gone straight through the phone and made a perfect bullet-sized hole, but it definitely would have slowed it down a considerable amount AND it would have deflected it to some degree but wether or not that's relevant or not is meh

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

if it has an iphone 6 (insert bendgate joke here)

If it was a Nokia the shooter would have been hit by the reflected bullet. xD

Not a Nokia smartphone! it will just capture the bullet at a whopping 41 megapixels!