The TF2 Community is shit

Oberon.Smite

I've been playing this game for about as long as I built my PC- around four months. I really liked the game for a while, but soon discovered that even though it's a great game, the community is TERRIBLE. You see, the average TF2 player is pretty much worthless to the team. The INSIST on being a sniper or scout, even if they aren't shit and miss like every shot. 

I play sniper and often am accused of "hacking", and so are other people. You see, the majority of the people who play on TF2 have just a random computer and most likely use a console. They are used to hitscan weapons that do shit ton of damage and require no skill. Then, they come over to TF2 and expect it to be the same. They expect no one to get headshots. No one to ever really hit them. And they don't understand TEAMWORK. The core of TF2.

Add in the screamers, tryhards, and the bigots, and you can make one conclusion:

IF IT CAN RUN ON A PEASANT STATION, AN XBONE, OR INTEGRATED GRAPHICS, THE COMMUNITY IS SHIT.

That brings back memories of the time I got banned from a few BF2 servers for botting. Even though I was only getting massive kill streaks because I actually know how to play the game.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Pretty much all communities have bad people and cool people.

The bad people just scream a lot harder.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

That brings back memories of the time I got banned from a few BF2 servers for botting. Even though I was only getting massive kill streaks because I actually know how to play the game.

Wow that sucks.

The TF2 community died, at the very moment that TF2 became f2p.

I remember when BF3 came out. I kept going as the class where you get to throw down an ammo resupply, and use C4. I kept laying traps for the enemy's tanks, and when an admin kept trying to use a tank, i would ultimately kill him. Repeatedly, and end up getting kicked/banned for it. 

Or, by pairing up with a mate of mine, and dropping each other off in the enemy base, to steal their attack helicopters.

I just find it rather gratifying doing such things, as it easily rustles some peoples jimmies.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

The same could be said about the cs:go community. When ever I play comp, I'm always blamed for us loosing even when I'm leading the team. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

I remember when BF3 came out. I kept going as the class where you get to throw down an ammo resupply, and use C4. I kept laying traps for the enemy's tanks, and when an admin kept trying to use a tank, i would ultimately kill him. Repeatedly, and end up getting kicked/banned for it. 

Or, by pairing up with a mate of mine, and dropping each other off in the enemy base, to steal their attack helicopters.

Yeah.. in situations like that spread the word about the server-I managed to get people to abandon the servers which banned me for 'botting'.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Solo Player For Ever.

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

Play on [FP] servers, it's typically a more pleasant crowd with a higher general skill cap. I main on the dustbowl servers as Agiri. You'll know it's me if you die by a strange professional killstreak sydney sleeper.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Sounds to me like you're the problem with the community, not them. If people want to play Scout or Sniper they're perfectly in their right to do so, even if they're bad.

Play on [FP] servers, it's typically a more pleasant crowd with a higher general skill cap. I main on the dustbowl servers as Agiri. You'll know it's me if you die by a strange professional killstreak sydney sleeper.

Why Sydney sleeper? No headshot crits.

I stopped liking competitive games awhile ago, Awesomenauts is honestly the only one i still enjoy. Awesomenauts may seem like a simple game, but i fought through enormously competitive matches, and still 'gg wp' is often called even by the losing team.

I remember once how our team made an enormous comeback, and at the very last moment managed to fight back the other team and win the round. It was great how 'gg' and 'wp' was still called by everyone.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

Why NOT use the Sydney Sleeper?! If anything at the least, you get to piss OFF people by pissing ON them at a distance! xD

I see what you did there.

doge-600.png

I see what you did there.

~snip~

Mind you, I was using the Croc-O-Style kit since I got the game in mid-late 2010, having bought the 8-kit pack, as it helped me hone my sniping reflexes whilst protecting me a lot from those that popped only quick-scope headshots or aimbot-headshots, whilst I pounded their chests in and if they didn't 1-shot die at least they'd have to run back to a resupply to get health and remove the Jarate, removing them from pressuring my team as they moved around the map.

Was REALLY fun and useful to use in Sniper V. Sniper fights on 2fort & 2fort_classic (TFC 2fort in TF2), particularly when playing on US servers as the extra health and safety from at least 1 headshot (multiple if got doctors/dispensers on me) helped my chest-caving training (hell, my Strange Sleeper is the "Canberra Chest Counter") whilst I was dealing with 300-500ms pings. xD

what do you expect from a free game? any old joe can play it... at least when games are paid for the people paying it have paid and do so to play the game properly. who cares what you do with a free game. I stopped playing TF2 just before it became free.. 

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

pub tf2 is pure cancer

Pugs, scrims and matches are the only worthwhile part of tf2 anymore

Why Sydney sleeper? No headshot crits.

People get pissy if you kill them with the sydney, so it's what I use.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Get over yourself. The game isn't there for other people to pander to what YOU want them to play as. If they want to be a sniper, good for them, they can play it. They aren't shit because they refuse to play by your damn rules. Teamwork can still exist even if they are whatever class they want to be.

Now I believe the community is "shit" for other reasons, like their constant whining in your ear and their childish "jokes" but not because they play the game the way they want to.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |