The TF2 Community is shit

Oberon.Smite

Get over yourself. The game isn't there for other people to pander to what YOU want them to play as. If they want to be a sniper, good for them, they can play it. They aren't shit because they refuse to play by your damn rules. Teamwork can still exist even if they are whatever class they want to be.

Now I believe the community is "shit" for other reasons, like their constant whining in your ear and their childish "jokes" but not because they play the game the way they want to.

1. Teamwork can exist yes, but it goes to hell 99% of the time if your playing against COD players

2. Its always a good idea to have a balancd team so that you have a higher chance of winning-what's a team of snipers going to do to a tank for example.

3. I agree with it being shit from all the whining, especially when you get a kill streak and everyone else gets buthurt because they have a hard time trying to kill you back

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

The problem here is that you're expecting teamwork or people to be good in pub

your average pub player isnt smart enough to change their fov to 90 so you shouldn't have any expectations if you're going to play pub

Great! One reason why I don't play TF2.

Second: It's a fucking big download, I have a small download cap. 

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Great! One reason why I don't play TF2.

Second: It's a fucking big download, I have a small download cap. 

M8. What do you mean? It's like 14 gigs total. Dosen't take 10 years. Why do you have a download cap? Do you use mobile data or something?

Get over yourself. The game isn't there for other people to pander to what YOU want them to play as. If they want to be a sniper, good for them, they can play it. They aren't shit because they refuse to play by your damn rules. Teamwork can still exist even if they are whatever class they want to be.

Now I believe the community is "shit" for other reasons, like their constant whining in your ear and their childish "jokes" but not because they play the game the way they want to.

It's not my rules. It's how the game is supposed to be played god dammit. 

By this logic, you can do whatever you want in a game. Get over myself? People need to learn how to play a game, not expect every game to be CoD. CoD is an easy ass game that I've vowed never to play. That game is an insult, and by playing it I lower my standards.

If we have a whole team of snipers, who'd be the offense? The defense? The support? Hmmm.

Mind you, I was using the Croc-O-Style kit since I got the game in mid-late 2010, having bought the 8-kit pack, as it helped me hone my sniping reflexes whilst protecting me a lot from those that popped only quick-scope headshots or aimbot-headshots, whilst I pounded their chests in and if they didn't 1-shot die at least they'd have to run back to a resupply to get health and remove the Jarate, removing them from pressuring my team as they moved around the map.

Was REALLY fun and useful to use in Sniper V. Sniper fights on 2fort & 2fort_classic (TFC 2fort in TF2), particularly when playing on US servers as the extra health and safety from at least 1 headshot (multiple if got doctors/dispensers on me) helped my chest-caving training (hell, my Strange Sleeper is the "Canberra Chest Counter") whilst I was dealing with 300-500ms pings. xD

Sydney sleeper is designed for team support. But hey, if the shoe fits, right?

By this logic, you can do whatever you want in a game. Get over myself? People need to learn how to play a game, not expect every game to be CoD. CoD is an easy ass game that I've vowed never to play. That game is an insult, and by playing it I lower my standards.

If we have a whole team of snipers, who'd be the offense? The defense? The support? Hmmm.

All I see when playing a game with people who play COD a lot is noobs rushing in and getting f***ed up. Its pretty much why I always ask if anyone has played COD before playing or leaving servers.

PMSL

If the game didn't want multiple people using the same class, it wouldn't have allowed it. Team work is how it is supposed to be played, yes, but that can still be accomplished even if people are using the same class as another person. And yes, I will say it again; get over yourself. Stop demanding people play a game the way that you prefer it to be played. And good for you, you hate CoD. What a hipster.

I've seen people use snipers to support the entire team, defense and offense. There are players that good at certain classes. Instead of throwing a tantrum on the internet about people playing a game the way it allows them to and the way that they want/find fun, ignore the "problem" or maybe try to explain it to the people in the game that it is better to balance out the team. If they don't listen, whatever, you tried. They aren't "shit" for playing how they want. If you are going to call them a shitty community, come up with a better reason than "they won't play the way I want" because it makes you look real childish, which would be no better than the CoD community you so despise.

But whatever, you can always find a server where they kick people for using multiple classes. I've seen a couple of them, and played in them too.

All I see when playing a game with people who play COD a lot is noobs rushing in and getting f***ed up. Its pretty much why I always ask if anyone has played COD before playing or leaving servers.

I can get not wanting to play with annoying CoD players but that is absolutely ridiculous.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

If the game didn't want multiple people using the same class, it wouldn't have allowed it. Team work is how it is supposed to be played, yes, but that can still be accomplished even if people are using the same class as another person. And yes, I will say it again; get over yourself. Stop demanding people play a game the way that you prefer it to be played. And good for you, you hate CoD. What a hipster.

I've seen people use snipers to support the entire team, defense and offense. There are players that good at certain classes. Instead of throwing a tantrum on the internet about people playing a game the way it allows them to and the way that they want/find fun, ignore the "problem" or maybe try to explain it to the people in the game that it is better to balance out the team. If they don't listen, whatever, you tried. They aren't "shit" for playing how they want. If you are going to call them a shitty community, come up with a better reason than "they won't play the way I want" because it makes you look real childish, which would be no better than the CoD community you so despise.

But whatever, you can always find a server where they kick people for using multiple classes. I've seen a couple of them, and played in them too.

I can get not wanting to play with annoying CoD players but that is absolutely ridiculous.

Every single team game I've played with COD players has them running off, with no semblence of teamwork at all. Its gotten to the point that I'm very picky about which servers I will play on.

PMSL

Every single team game I've played with COD players has them running off, with no semblence of teamwork at all. Its gotten to the point that I'm very picky about which servers I will play on.

It sounds like a huge exaggeration to me, but okay, can't say you haven't since I wasn't there to witness it or not.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

It sounds like a huge exaggeration to me, but okay, can't say you haven't since I wasn't there to witness it or not.

Everyone's experience is different, and I always seem to have the worst.

PMSL

-snip-

Once again, it's not how I want them to play the game. It's how everyone who knows how to play wants them to play. It's also what the devs intended. I hope you're not backing up the CoD community.

I don't want them to play by my rules. The world doesn't revolve around me and I get that. Not stupid.

Everyone's experience is different, and I always seem to have the worst.

Hmm, maybe you're just horribly unlucky? I only encountered a handful of annoying players that admitted they played CoD before. The rest were just annoying, unrelated to CoD. :lol:

I stopped playing that game when nobody on my team was working with me to defend the points. I guess you can say I was getting fed up with the people ignoring what made TF2 such a great game, haha. 

Is this problem in EU servers also? I haven't played in a while and certainly not on servers other than what is already in my favs. This is something I've never seen in TF2, not in major scale anyway. There are always some whiners, but chat is easy to ignore and people whining in VOIP are usually called pretty fast.

TF2 remains the only MP game that I like to play solo (or without mates in TS3).

M8. What do you mean? It's like 14 gigs total. Dosen't take 10 years. Why do you have a download cap? Do you use mobile data or something?

14gigs is pretty much. And I was under impression that all US ISPs use data caps. Probably in some other countries also. Poor, poor people :/

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You should just avoid all pub that isnt mge, dm, surf or jump maps and just play lobbies/pugs

Hmm, maybe you're just horribly unlucky? I only encountered a handful of annoying players that admitted they played CoD before. The rest were just annoying, unrelated to CoD. :lol:

Yea i guess. 

Mostly I play on Orange X3 Minecraft and Orange X3 Sniper so yea.

Is this problem in EU servers also? I haven't played in a while and certainly not on servers other than what is already in my favs. This is something I've never seen in TF2, not in major scale anyway. There are always some whiners, but chat is easy to ignore and people whining in VOIP are usually called pretty fast.

TF2 remains the only MP game that I like to play solo (or without mates in TS3).

14gigs is pretty much. And I was under impression that all US ISPs use data caps. Probably in some other countries also. Poor, poor people :/

Yea they do. It's like a 100GB data cap. After you hit it, they warn you. 

Then later if you persist, the fines come.

Some heavy was chasing a burning medic with 80% health when he went around a corner, so I killed him because I happened to be nearby, he started swearing and whining in voice chat so I muted him, then I get votekicked.

I love TF2, but sometimes people are huge ass-holes in it. Some days I can aim amazingly, some days I can't, on those amazing days I've gotten kicked for cheating multiple times.

Also have you noticed someone acts like they know what they're doing in voicechat and starts making suggestions to other players to do better they have like the 2nd lowest score on the team?

Any ways, I feel your pain. Usually its just a few people that are jerks though, some of them really are nice.

-snip-

I thought it was all about the hats. That's why I stopped playing it.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Not everyone. As far as I know Time Warner tends not to impose data caps in the northeast/mid-atlantic, whereas data caps are more common in Comcast's dominion.

Not everyone. As far as I know Time Warner tends not to impose data caps in the northeast/mid-atlantic, whereas data caps are more common in Comcast's dominion.

Cox Communications.