Survey: PS4 Owners Want Better Resolution; XB1 Owners Just Prefer Xbox

w4db0cr2su7xacb6i9mt.png

Above: one particularly-interesting section of a recent Nielsen survey that probes console owners about the factors driving their buying habits.

There's no data on just how many customers participated in this survey—could be ten people for all we know—but the listed factors are fascinating. Wii U buyers are all about that nebulous "fun factor" so often attached to Nintendo games, while PS4 owners seem to care quite a bit about what was once dubbed ResolutionGate. Meanwhile, the folks at Microsoft have built some massive Brand Power™ with Xbox Live, a service that for a very long time was synonymous with online gaming.

The best part? Both PS4 and Xbox One owners cite "faster processing power" as their reasons for buying each respective console. Faster than what, exactly? Each other? Just wait until those survey-takers find out about this new machine called a "personal computer."

lifetime-ownership.png

Source :http://kotaku.com/survey-ps4-owners-want-better-resolution-xb1-owners-j-1688254843

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

incoming shitstorm.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

when brand is the top reason you buy something i think it says something

When you buy a console for good graphics I think says something too :P

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

That you're making the safe decision because you're buying something you know from experience because you specifically don't want to put up with the headaches of switching? 

I know lawyers who still use Blackberries. Not because they're idiots. They just know what a BB is and that it first for them, even though a Android or iOS device would work just as well.

People do things based off their individual comfort more than they do it over the spec sheet, as hard as it is for some people here to understand. 

That you're making the safe decision because you're buying something you know from experience because you specifically don't want to put up with the headaches of switching? 

I know lawyers who still use Blackberries. Not because they're idiots. They just know what a BB is and that it first for them, even though a Android or iOS device would work just as well.

People do things based off their individual comfort more than they do it over the spec sheet, as hard as it is for some people here to understand. 

Exactly. There's nothing wrong with buying something for the brand per se. As long as the device satisfies your needs and you're happy with it then nothing else really matters.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

I like that both xb1 and ps4 owners believe they have a faster processor over the other. Lots of research was done there....

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

I like that both xb1 and ps4 owners believe they have a faster processor over the other. Lots of research was done there....

It doesn't say over the other. It says driving 8th gen console purchase. It could just as easily mean faster processor over their previous 7th gen console (360, PS3).

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

It doesn't say over the other. It says driving 8th gen console purchase. It could just as easily mean faster processor over their previous 7th gen console (360, PS3).

OOOOOOH ok i never looked at it like that. I thought it was why they chose one over the other.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX

Exactly what I was thinking. Says something for how idiotic the Xbox fanboys are.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I want a Mac because of the OS. Different scenario, but there are  some things that OS X just beats Windows to death in. Like... NOT FUCKING CRASHING ALL THE TIME.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

There are a couple games that run better on XB1 AC: U and Dragon age are some of them.

Exactly what I was thinking. Says something for how idiotic the Xbox fanboys are.

But a lot of people thought the 360 was better than the PS3, as well as the majority think XBL>PSN, some still do, Some think the analog placement on the XB1 controller is better, as well as people who wanted to maintain their xbl account as they switch to the new gen, and not have to pay 2 services for online.

There are plenty enough reasons why someone would want an XB1 over PS4

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

I don't care if people buy a product because they trust the producer and the product does what they want, but when someone goes so far as to say that his product is the best on the market without doing any prior research about it, then I get annoyed. When a kid in my class, to "prove" that Apple is better than any other phone/computer company in the market, holds up an iPhone with no further details or explanation, or a teacher gets a five-year old MacBook Pro because it can "crunch graphics" faster than a Windows machine, but then says, "just not gaming graphics," then I have a problem. I'm sorry, but if you want to make those claims, you had better be able to back it up.

If people in my school and community would just say "It does what I want and that's all I care about" instead of saying it's objectively better than anything else, then I wouldn't have a problem. I guess this is to be expected, since I live in a rural, tech-illiterate community, but it gets annoying sometimes.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

But a lot of people thought the 360 was better than the PS3, as well as the majority think XBL>PSN, some still do, Some think the analog placement on the XB1 controller is better, as well as people who wanted to maintain their xbl account as they switch to the new gen, and not have to pay 2 services for online.

I consider those features. Those are things that the Xbox has going for it.

I consider this as brand.

post-132780-0-77557000-1424986785.png

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

There are a couple games that run better on XB1 AC: U and Dragon age are some of them.

I had gone by the same assumption as you that it was comparison to each other but it was pointed out that its in comparison to last gen. either way, whether or not a game runs better doesnt make one clock speed "bigger" than the other.

If i look at these results i personally want to conclude the following, the wii u is the the only real console, fun is the most important factor. Even feature wise, it plays games, 1080p 60fps. A bluerayplayer? Paying extra for multiplayer? Webbrowsing with it? Nahh, just games thats how its supposed to be.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I had gone by the same assumption as you that it was comparison to each other but it was pointed out that its in comparison to last gen. either way, whether or not a game runs better doesnt make one clock speed "bigger" than the other.

Well we actually don't know the context fully, you weren't wrong in your assumption

The XB1 runs at 1750mhz the PS4 at 1600 (on CPU) in CPU bound games the XB1 sometimes pulls ahead

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

I consider those features. Those are things that the Xbox has going for it.

I consider this as brand.

attachicon.gifxbox.png

I think of it as the features that are attatched to the brand

The Xbox brand brings those things to mind

I worked at walmart Selling games and consoles for two years, ive heard plenty of opinions