Next-gen Barbie doll listens to your kids' conversations and "Adapts"

ahhming

The new 'Hello Barbie' doll is a smart Barbie, has Wi-Fi capabilities and will record conversations to create a 'unique relationship' with your child

Hello Barbie will record your kids' conversations where it sends it to researchers, securing it in their 'secure' database, where researchers will analyze the conversations with your child. Mattel says that this will enable the new Hello Barbie to become more complex over time, where it offers two-way dialogue, speech recognition, and more.

The dollmaker says that this will allow Hello Barbie to form a "unique relationship" with children, as Hello Barbie will be able to tell jokes, listen, learn and adapt to situations. Because of its Wi-Fi Internet capabilities, it will also be capable of being updated with new software constantly, too. But as for an always-listening Barbie doll in kids bedrooms? I don't know if I like the idea of that.

635.gif

source:

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/43685/creepy-next-gen-barbie-doll-listens-kids-conversations/index.html

Is it creepy when your phone does it? I hope you would say yes. lol

Anyways, aye, I agree...creepy as hell. What happened to the simple Barbie?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

So they found a way to data mine kids who aren't old enough to use the internet?

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

Is it creepy when your phone does it? I hope you would say yes. lol

Anyways, aye, I agree...creepy as hell. What happened to the simple Barbie?

Yes it's creepy and very creepy.

Barbies need to die. They set an unexceptional beauty standard amongst small children, BURN THEN WITH NAPALM.

Kappa

Fixed.

This creepy very creepy and somewhat wrong.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Yes it's creepy and very creepy.

Fixed.

This creepy very creepy and somewhat wrong.

Thank you., lol Good thing someone can see the sarcasm.

Thank you., lol Good thing someone can see the sarcasm.

You should always add kappa or JK in this forum as a lot of members don't see sarcasm.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

You should always add kappa or JK in this forum as a lot of members don't see sarcasm.

Seems to be a real problem around here.

Seems to be a real problem around here.

Kappa

Fixed, you need to work on your posts m8 apprci8.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Sometimes i like to think im a barbie  -_-

Srs tho i like the idea of it :P

Chucky is real

creepy

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

With the amount of barbies being sold (I'm guesstimating here) i won't be surprised if at least some inappropriate jokes are told.

I do hope frankie boyle gets a barbie. That will be the only one with a sense of humor made of pure dark matter.

But yes.. Creepy as all fuck..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Or ya know, have an actual fucking conversation with your child so it doesnt have to look towards a doll for attention and comfort. Or better yet get her a pony, theyre the best therapists

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

IT'S A TRAP!

-snip

552e881ad1c8e335aa5f1c93943581a36203f6ab

Or ya know, have an actual fucking conversation with your child so it doesnt have to look towards a doll for attention and comfort. Or better yet get her a pony, theyre the best therapists

Not all of life's problems can be solved by horses you know.....also glad to see the good avatar is back. :D

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

"Mommy, Barbie told me that I'm adopted" :(

Breaking News:  Barbie Dolls hacked by Anonymous

Satan's buttcrack 4790K - MSI mpower ultramaxextreme AC - 16gb G.skillz Trident 2400 - ZLoLtac GTX 980  - Corsair H110 Overkill - Oculus Rift DK2 - Asus vg248qe7the144hzone

After reading the post i am reminded of the barbies from small soldiers movie

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

-snip-

It is finally here D: (Bad quality i know :( )

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

-snip-

Damnit I was ninja'd :'(

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

So it's like that thing they talked about on WAN show? The one that connects to the IBM watson supercomputer? 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Hell no!!! if i had a kid anything i would not get them something like this. I don't care that it listens and adapts but the fact that it connects to the internet and could possibly be sending that info to a "Third party" like the Samsing Smart TVs. I also don't thinke toys need to be 'wifi enabled'. I had no 'wifi' toys growing up unless an Xbox or PC counts. I would never buy my kids toy that has wifi. This should be illegal but 'Murica. Also i wonder how easy this would be to hack and take control of, which could be bad.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

So it's like that thing they talked about on WAN show? The one that connects to the IBM watson supercomputer? 

I think so. Unless this is a different toy.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..