Scrapyard Wars Episode 1b

This is just getting better and better. Keep doing this.

Also, LMG Lunch tips is fun to watch

I don't really mind split videos, i just want them to be long , how about long videos for hard core fans and upload it as unlisted , we don't need pro editing , just fill what ever looks good and upload it ? i like to see more from these videos instead of incredibly edited 10 min videos 

Trust me, I can say, as a video editor, that editing THAT MUCH of record is pain in the... ekhm. Anyway, it usually takes "some" time, to sort things out, then again "some" time, to plan how to do everything, and then "some" to edit it.

I even once sat for 3h and edited a 15 sec video, so yea. xD

Trust me, I can say, as a video editor, that editing THAT MUCH of record is pain in the... ekhm. Anyway, it usually takes "some" time, to sort things out, then again "some" time, to plan how to do everything, and then "some" to edit it.

I even once sat for 3h and edited a 15 sec video, so yea. xD

i know , editing is my profession as well, what i meant was, just upload them raw without editing it too much into a 30-40 mins video unlike the main video which takes too much work to edit it to 10 mins , there will be a rough cut and final cut, i asked for the rough cut 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Spoiler alert: Lukes gonna win cus r9 290

I hope you are right. 2 things that are weird on that buy.

1) R9 290 for $180 Canadian and its a XFX

2) The guy was late. That is SHADY very SHADY.

2 instant RED LIGHT warnings that the card might not work.

Gonna cuffem and stuffem. QUE QUE QUE. I love it I love it. :P

i7 4790K, Asus Z97 Sabertooth S, Crutial M.2 120gig, 32 Gig Corsair Dominators, Corsair h100i, Seagate ST750XL, 2 X MSI R9 290X Lightning's, Corsair air 540 

DUDE how many is going to be eating CROW if Linus wins.. Witch that Intel Chip might make a huge difference. We shall see.. Linus might know something I know. Witch I do build like my builds now. WE SHALL SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Gonna cuffem and stuffem. QUE QUE QUE. I love it I love it. :P

i7 4790K, Asus Z97 Sabertooth S, Crutial M.2 120gig, 32 Gig Corsair Dominators, Corsair h100i, Seagate ST750XL, 2 X MSI R9 290X Lightning's, Corsair air 540 

When we have a staff of 50+ with people in producer roles and like a dozen or so on screen talents.

I don't think that will ever happen because you wont be able to provide the air conditioning  :P .

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Did he really get a R9 290 for that price? Holy shit, either it has mined bitcoins since its release or the guy selling it had no idea of the card's value.

I am cool with multi-part videos, but the time frame in between these is too great. I am sure there would be less whining from the community then also. I think that it would be easier if this 3 part video was release over the course of a week. This doesn't necessarily make things easier on the production side but it definitely does help on the viewers side.

I like this scrapyard wars content though. I generally do not see prices here like you can get in BC.

It's like watching The Mockingjay part 1. you are left hanging and feeling unsatisfied after watching it..

Purely on the CPUs picked, even though Linus' is clearly a better chip, I reckon Luke should win. Linus' CPU is a better but only in multi-threaded workloads, in single threaded workloads Luke's CPU is quite a bit better. Are any of the benchmarks particularly CPU intensive? Multi-threaded? There'll be a bottleneck for sure but if it hits hard I reckon it'll hit Linus harder.

And then there's the gap between the GPUs.... yeah... I reckon Linus' best hope is for Luke's stuff to go bang ;) 

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

When we have a staff of 50+ with people in producer roles and like a dozen or so on screen talents.

Can't you make these vids (multi-part episodes), then before uploading just join them in to one?

LOL also are you wearing sandals in Winter?

290 and a core 2 quad for @Slick

I can tell you that my phenom II bottlenecked my 270x in MANY games.

So thats gonna be a huge bottleneck im 100% sure.

I think he got a core 2 quad , please correct me if I am wrong.

Utter rubbish

You can easily wait until you have edited all the parts before starting the release. Then release them daily or weekly in a timely fashion. What you're doing now is pushing out whatever is completed and totally disjointing the series. I can't even remember the detail from the first part but I remember liking it and wanting to see the next one.

Multipart is fine but is has to be professional and come out together on a set schedule so people can really enjoy them.

Part 1 of Scrapyard Wars came out last week, part 2 came out this weekend. Next part is next Saturday. What is your point?

Multi-part is fine, and in Scrapyard Wars' case it's coming out in a consistent schedule. I'm loving this series and it's tough waiting so long for it but I want them to not only edit it properly as well as generate good revenue from such an awesome (and somewhat expensive) series so I'm definitely OK with how they're doing it. Stop being so impatient people. :)

Want to solve problems? Check this out.

My Pentium G3258 maxes out Tomb Raider 2013 at 120FPS.

But you see, that's haswell. That's an entirely new architecture. On a completely new platform. 

The E8400 is significantly slower. 

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

wat xD ik its on. and I watched it

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

But you see, that's haswell. That's an entirely new architecture. On a completely new platform. 

The E8400 is significantly slower. 

Tru ma man

wat xD ik its on. and I watched it

i mentioned you 2 hrs before the video was made public , right after you posted that why lock the thread status , then you went off grid 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Tru ma man

I'm not saying that it's stupidly slow though. What I mean is that it can handle a lot of games at a playable frame rate, but as soon as that PCIE bandwith gets completely stuffed, you're not going to get the performance you really should. 

Typically, especially with new hardware and new processors, bottlenecking should hardly exist. But in this scenario, he's using a ~10 year old CPU (that still hauls some ass) with a video adapter card that pushes HUNDREDS of gigabytes per second of bandwidth through that old PCI Express 2.0 port.

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.