Sony starts selling $160 64GB Micro SD card

aaguilar

Sony is going to sell a new 64GB micro SD card for premium audio lovers... 

They claim the card is design to produce less electrical noise.

Sony expects that true audio lovers purchase this card that is 5 times the price than a normal sony micro sd.

There is not much to say about this other than do not buy it.

Source: http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/02/19/sony-to-offer-premium-sound-memory-card/?mod=WSJBlog

seems like everyone is trying to get money out of audiophiles, glad I can't afford anything to call myself one :P

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Less electrical noise. On a digital medium. GG WP Sony. And we wonder why they are losing so much money...

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Seems like a rip off, just like their PS Vita Micro SD cards (which are just like micro SD cards, but proprietary) 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

damn thats expensive.

i doubt that real sound enthousiasts fall for it, since this seems doubtfull

side note:

@aaguilar please check your source, noscript notified me of a dangerous java injection, site might contain viruses of some sort.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Wut? Digital signals and electric noise? Sony plz, at least try.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Good old snake oil to enthusiasts who claim to know better and can tell the difference but really are idiots who deserve to have their money taken from them. This goes up there with 1000 dollar HDMI cables or 10000 dollar audio cables. 

sonypremiumsoundsdxc-100569008-large.jpg

Ugh. Same nonsense as their thankfully dead memory cards that were also overpriced. Sony never learns. No wonder they are having so much troubles on the business side of things. 

So this new premium 64gb costs $160 and normal 64gb costs $28? :D

Put "Dr. Dre Beats" logo on it and sell it for $320. That profit :o

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Reposting..

The last cheap SD card I've used didn't add any additional noise to my sound files, at all. Sony, you're no more an audiophile brand than Bose or Skullcandy.

Slap "Premium" in anything and some idiot will buy it thinking is the best thing ever.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

That is stupid.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Why would a real audiophil need a dig. memory card? I think that they use more analog stuffs as they reproduce music better.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

This is one thing I don't get, how does this not qualify as false advertisement? As a digital interface 1's and 0's are 1's and 0's. you can make a super 1 that someone means more then a standard 1 in binary

They aren't aiming these at us.

They are aimed at the idiots in the communities elsewhere who believe in the "high res" shit, ala Pono, etc.

Good trolling Sony.

Digital is digital. Doesn't really make any difference. It is a pure ripoff.

10000 dollar audio cables. 

Cables actually make a difference, it's negligible, but it's there. (Even though I don't hear a damn difference, but looking at it on paper, the physics behind it is true)

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

On a positive note, stuff we buy from Sony will be subsidised by idiots who buy things like this card. ^^

a166d4c08a508b9cd1435373c7e36f28d683aeaf

Sony ... uggh ... How in hell can you build the best games console (Awaiting raging fanboys) and still do stuff like this. Someone Fire the guy behind this, re-hire him and fire him again.

Here is a message to Sony:

1339426725154_9146065.png

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

0H7olj8.png

Source: The Verge

You smell that? Yeah, it... smells like bull

No, it's not April, and no this is not a joke, and Sony is making money on this.

Don't you hate it when your phone blares in your ear? Phone or any other device beginning to bludgeon your ears with palpable levels of noise, all due to one component? Don't worry, because Sony has a solution.

Sony's new line of "Premium Sound" MicroSD XC cards solves those issues by incorporating new technology that claims to produce less audible sound from the Sd Card itself. Let it also be known that sony hopes to cater to audiophiles with this release, presumably to go along with their $1,200 Walkman release at CES.

It seems that since the hackings that took place at Sony, they just can't stop making stupid mistakes.

The company that introduced the $1,200 Walkman at CES last month is now preparing to release its perfect companion: a 64GB microSD card engineered for better sound quality. It's difficult to fathom how the transfer of digital information could ever be made more silent, but Sony's internal measurements have shown its audiophile-friendly memory card producing less electrical noise when reading data.                                                                                           
As bullish as Sony appears to be about the benefits of high-resolution audio, the company itself admits that it's not sure there'll be a market for this particular card. The Wall Street Journal cites a Sony spokesperson as saying, "We aren’t that sure about the product’s potential demand, but we thought some among people who are committed to great sound quality would want it." 

1 of the many reasons why they are going under, i never even knew flash devices made sounds.

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Oh yes, those loud SD cards, such an issue, I need help, the noise, the noise, it won't end. Shut up you SD card, shut up, you are so loud, i can't hear my music. Oh wait nevermind.

Rich Purnell Is A Steely-Eyed Missile Man

yay. I will finally be able to use sd cards as my main boot drive ! they were so loud befor I couldn't stand them !  thanks @Sony !

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004