Apple thinking of buying Tesla?

blaze756

A part of me thinks it would be really awesome, but then a part of me wants tesla to remain open, in the interest of improving electric vehicles for all

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

NO NO NO NO NO NO FUCK APPLE! KEEP YOUR SHITTY HANDS AWAY FROM TESLA!!!!!!!

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

You geniuses do understand that Tesla already mimics the Apple corporate (retail structure especially) philosophy already?

Musk has Tesla stores. Where do you think he got that idea? . 

Nothing original about Apple's retail structure.  Car makers already had their own stores by the turn of the 20th century. 

Jobs merely took the idea, gave it his own twist and made the iSheep believe that it was a revolutionary concept.

NO!

soon, they will sue people because everyone is copying their all electric vehicles ....                                                                  

just stick to computers and electronics please..........................................................................................................................................................

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

Isn't Tesla coming out with a cheaper car? I feel if apple were to buy it that wouldn't happen. 

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

Isn't Tesla coming out with a cheaper car? I feel if apple were to buy it that wouldn't happen. 

Compared to every apple product ever. 30k isn't cheap at all.

But you have a fair point. 

Apple would never let the Tesla modelling scheme leave the factory

Model S

Model 3

Model X

Plus Tesla is pretty much almost all American built while Apple can't even be bother to stop using foxconn

Apple should stop using foxconn for production before they even think of buying another company.

^ As you can see Tesla and Apple value completely different things and for that reason Apple shouldn't even bother.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I have liberated myself from as many of Google's services as possible (except for youtube) and so far Bing works just as well as Google except that you can just type whenever you want on the search results page to adjust your search, that's a really nice feature from Google.

I used Bing for over a year solely for Rewards. Then I got fed up and moved back to Google.

You literally can't pay me to use Bing.

Well, I use Microsoft Word and Powerpoint a lot and have files to automatically save to OneDrive which compared to Google Drive, is miles ahead.

How? I have 115GB of storage in OneDrive (from aforementioned Bing Rewards), but Google Drive is so much better at syncing across all my devices I use that instead. I use Docs, Sheets and occasionally Slides, which do exactly what I would need Office to do but for free and multiple people can edit documents at the same time.

Material Design is also so poorly designed and looks awful.

IMO, Material Design is the greatest revolution in graphical UI design since GUIs. I love the flat look, it uses more and better color than Windows 8 (my second favorite OS design) and iOS, and unlike iOS it actually flows.

I have been too forgiving to Google in the past, and I'm sure others have too. Too many times has Google changed Youtube for the worse and just a couple days or weeks later, people seem to forgive them.

Because usually it's blown out of proportion rather than actual negative change. People hate change of any kind and will react negatively to it.

Bing search is pretty much equal to Google in most searches since all Microsoft does is just copy Google.

What is this I don't even.

Chrome is super clunky and scrolling is still laggy on a 4.6ghz 4690k and 1ghz 7950.

... But it's still the fastest browser on any OS. It also syncs with any other device running Chrome with the same Google account. Do you use IE? xD

Also, scrolling is your mouse, not the browser. I have Smartphone scrolling and 1px scrolling enabled on my Logitech T650 and it scrolls exactly like my OPO and iPad.

Gmail's inbox isn't the classic email inbox that I like.

I love it, and use it on both my phone and PC. To each his/her own.

I'm just tired of fighting Google and their lack of concern about their customers.

Source?

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

I'd rather have Apple buy Microsoft simply so they can get rid of Bing, the worst search engine ever.

you know! it's funny you say that because I would truly like to know what would happen if Apple did buy M$ (no chance in hell).  I wonder if Apple would let M$ stay the way they are or change everything over a period of a month or so.  All I know is that the few times I've used Apple's OS,  I hated it with a passion.

I used Bing for over a year solely for Rewards. Then I got fed up and moved back to Google.

You literally can't pay me to use Bing.

I don't even know what the rewards are for lol. So far, Bing is pretty much the same as Google except for its inability to let you adjust your search query without highlighting the search box again. In some instances, Bing gives better results or makes use of cards to provide meaningful information, something that Google does but doesn't do enough of, such as here.

How? I have 115GB of storage in OneDrive (from aforementioned Bing Rewards), but Google Drive is so much better at syncing across all my devices I use that instead. I use Docs, Sheets and occasionally Slides, which do exactly what I would need Office to do but for free and multiple people can edit documents at the same time.

Office is also free on the web..... 

IMO, Material Design is the greatest revolution in graphical UI design since GUIs. I love the flat look, it uses more and better color than Windows 8 (my second favorite OS design) and iOS, and unlike iOS it actually flows.

IMO, it looks terrible and the UI elements are laid our terribly. An example of this is in Chrome on the iPhone. All the buttons are laid out on the top which is out of reach, it also disobeys the natural gestures in iOS of swiping in from the sides to navigate between your history in favor of switching tabs. 

Because usually it's blown out of proportion rather than actual negative change. People hate change of any kind and will react negatively to it. 

People are fine with change if it is beneficial and helpful, but changing for your own agenda is pointless and stupid. 

What is this I don't even.

... But it's still the fastest browser on any OS. It also syncs with any other device running Chrome with the same Google account. Do you use IE? xD

Source? The fastest web browser in Windows is Firefox the last I checked (last year according to one of the gawker sites, iirc Tomshardware's Grand Prix last rated Firefox as the fastest browser but that was a long time ago). The best browser for battery life on Windows is Internet Explorer followed by Firefox. On OS X, Safari is much faster than anything else. In Android, generally the stock browser is much faster than Chrome due to optimizations. And lastly, in iOS, Safari is much faster than anything else, even with Nitro available to all apps now. IMO, firefox is an awful browser that I can't stand using for more than 5 minutes. IE is manageable. But for now, I'm using Chrome with Bing set as the default search, which interestingly enough, removes material design from the ntp. 

Also, scrolling is your mouse, not the browser. I have Smartphone scrolling and 1px scrolling enabled on my Logitech T650 and it scrolls exactly like my OPO and iPad.

idk why Google decided to remove smooth scrolling, but scrolling through Facebook will always result in hiccups in Chrome. IMO, scrolling in Windows is horribly implemented- there's a lack of scrolling acceleration and the way scrolling works is by lines or pages, both are just bad.

I love it, and use it on both my phone and PC. To each his/her own.

Source? 

Let's see..... Android- took them maybe 4 years for them to almost fix stuttering issues and lag. They're still trying to fix/improve battery life, although Microsoft is just as bad if not worse in this aspect.- Why does Windows (not windows phone) and Android consume so much power doing nothing? The new Nexus lineup- all greed with an unrefined software experience. Chrome OS- I was one of the "pilots" and received a CR-48. Chromebooks, taken straight from Google's chromebook page are supposed to "start fast, stay fast". Nope, when I first received and used it about 5 or 6 years ago, it would start in about 12 seconds, and single tasking was manageable. Now however, it starts in about 30 seconds or more, and single tasking is impossible to do; everything just lags on it. Heck, even Windows runs smoother and faster on it than ChromeOS.

Analyst Predicts Apple To Buy Tesla For $75 Billion

February 17, 2015 5:48 PM

CUPERTINO (CBS SF) — Apple may be in the market to buy Tesla, according to the rumor mill.

Apple has been rumored to be interested in buying Tesla for the last year, and just last week it was reported that Apple would begin working on its own electric car.

“They’re thinking gee this car thing could be a good idea, and might be an even better idea if Tesla and Apple merge. Then, Apple wouldn’t have to reinvent the wheel and Tesla and Apple have a certain amount of affinity, and Tesla stores could move Apple products, and with some modifications Apple stores could move Tesla cars,” Tech Analyst Rob Enderle said.

Enderle says Tesla was built on Apple’s model, so talks of a sale or merger make sense.

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

Never, if that happens I fly to jakarta and install you a 770 

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Well that I just don't want an "iCar" to ever be made

Never, if that happens I fly to jakarta and install you a 770 

you have it :P i have your word xD

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

Doesn't that seem kinda cheap? Or is it just me? I suppose I thought it would be more than that.

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

iCar 

features maybe 

short battery life

car easily bend if you crash 

the price will be like lamborghini

just kidding 

Current Build + Setup

iCar 

features maybe 

short battery life

car easily bend if you crash 

the price will be like lamborghini

just kidding 

He couldn't have said it any better 

GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 780 (x2, SLI) CPU: i7 5820k Motherboard: Alienware Aurora R4 Mobo RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32 GB SSD: Samsung EVO 840

HDD: WD Green 3TB Cooler: Corsair H100i

doubt it

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I don't even know what the rewards are for lol. So far, Bing is pretty much the same as Google except for its inability to let you adjust your search query without highlighting the search box again. In some instances, Bing gives better results or makes use of cards to provide meaningful information, something that Google does but doesn't do enough of, such as here.

If you're going to use Bing, use Rewards as well. For every search, you get 1/2 of a credit. Once you get enough credits, you can redeem them for Amazon gift cards, iTunes gift cards etc.

I also think Google needs more cards, but they're making strides to do that- just look at their new medical cards.

Office is also free on the web.....

I prefer Docs better, because Word online isn't any more powerful and Docs have those collaboration features and sync with my cloud of choice.

IMO, it looks terrible and the UI elements are laid our terribly. An example of this is in Chrome on the iPhone. All the buttons are laid out on the top which is out of reach, it also disobeys the natural gestures in iOS of swiping in from the sides to navigate between your history in favor of switching tabs.

1) Chrome is mot great on iOS design-wise or speed-wise.

2) Material Design isn't made for iOS. It looks stunning and gorgeous on the Nexus 6. (I've tried it out in a T-Mobile store)

People are fine with change if it is beneficial and helpful, but changing for your own agenda is pointless and stupid.

Is this about the G+ thing? Why is this a problem, everyone with a Gmail account already has a G+ profile. It's like complaining that you have to have a Google account to use Youtube as anything other than a guest- it's their product, what's wrong with integrating it with other ones that they own, even if G+ is a badly designed Facebook wannabe?

Source? The fastest web browser in Windows is Firefox the last I checked (last year according to one of the gawker sites, iirc Tomshardware's Grand Prix last rated Firefox as the fastest browser but that was a long time ago). The best browser for battery life on Windows is Internet Explorer followed by Firefox.

And wait, this is primarily a custom PC forum, why bring battery life into this?

On OS X, Safari is much faster than anything else.

See above.

In Android, generally the stock browser is much faster than Chrome due to optimizations.

Not true, and if you use an Android phone where the stock browser isn't Chrome, then your experience with the phone in general will most likely be horrible. On my OPO, the stock browser (Chrome) is much faster than any other browser I've tried. (Firefox, Opera etc.)

And lastly, in iOS, Safari is much faster than anything else, even with Nitro available to all apps now.

This is true. On my iPad 3, Chrome is so slow I can't even type without having to wait for the keyboard to catch up, which is why I still use Safari, as much as I'd rather use Chrome for cross-platform syncing. Google, get on getting Nitro on Chrome!

IMO, firefox is an awful browser that I can't stand using for more than 5 minutes. IE is manageable.

THIS!

But for now, I'm using Chrome with Bing set as the default search, which interestingly enough, removes material design from the ntp. 

Have you tried My Chrome Theme?

idk why Google decided to remove smooth scrolling, but scrolling through Facebook will always result in hiccups in Chrome. IMO, scrolling in Windows is horribly implemented- there's a lack of scrolling acceleration and the way scrolling works is by lines or pages, both are just bad.

Also this.

Let's see..... Android- took them maybe 4 years for them to almost fix stuttering issues and lag. They're still trying to fix/improve battery life, although Microsoft is just as bad if not worse in this aspect.

My OPO gets 6 1/2 hours of screen on time and ~17 of overall battery life. Standby time is pretty bad, though, with about 1% lost every 45 minutes. Which is why I turn on Airplane mode and power the entire phone down when I sleep- then the radiation isn't affecting my sleep and my phone looses exactly 0% battery life over the night. I did this with my iPhone too.

Why does Windows (not windows phone) and Android consume so much power doing nothing?

Because they aren't. They are still getting your notifications, your location, your Wi-Fi/Mobile data signals, running whatever apps you use in the background etc.

The new Nexus lineup- all greed with an unrefined software experience.

The software was bad, with the forced encryption of the Nexuses and the crashing of non-64-Bit apps on 64-bit processors. The QC of the N9 was (is?) horrible as well. The N6 isn't outstanding, though I would have bought it if I hadn't had the chance to buy an OPO.

They still do more than iPhones/iPads while costing (slightly) less, which is what matters to me and many other hardcore Android users.

Chrome OS- I was one of the "pilots" and received a CR-48. Chromebooks, taken straight from Google's chromebook page are supposed to "start fast, stay fast". Nope, when I first received and used it about 5 or 6 years ago, it would start in about 12 seconds, and single tasking was manageable. Now however, it starts in about 30 seconds or more, and single tasking is impossible to do; everything just lags on it. Heck, even Windows runs smoother and faster on it than ChromeOS.

I dislike Chromebooks. I made my desktop a "Chromebase+" by simply installing Chrome and using the Chrome app store- except my computer also runs a real OS.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

Well tesla ceo is gonna have hard time if apple makes the offer.

Designwise i think apple could make it look absolutely awesome. Only thing i worry about is the stupid pricing which apple is well known for....

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Please god no....

Hi!  Please quote me in replies otherwise I may not see your response!

Last time I checked, Analysts are usually wrong.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)