Apple thinking of buying Tesla?

blaze756

Confirmed. Apple's opening bid is

nooooo

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

yeah, that is not going to happen any time soon or ever.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Why so many against this? You geniuses do understand that Tesla already mimics the Apple corporate (retail structure especially) philosophy already? 

Musk has Tesla stores. Where do you think he got that idea? He realized that controlling the experience matters just as much as the product itself. You could replace all the Tesla branding at a Tesla store and you'd assume it was an Apple store already. Musk isn't some idiot, he knows what works and what doesn't for the people. 

The is assuming he sells at all. Partnership? Maybe. Battery tech is something those two take quite seriously. Outright buyout? Doubtful. Not for monetary purposes. Tesla will be a cash black hole till ~2020. Apple would buy them out for a long term play, which would mean they would be fairly serious on being in the game. Nobody knows right now. 

But forget anything grounded in logical reasoning; lets just make shitposts about how Tesla would become overpriced or locked down (as if they aren't already locked down to hell) or whatever else. This place sometimes, I try to stay with the program but some stuff is just ridiculous. 

Why so many against this? You geniuses do understand that Tesla already mimics the Apple corporate (retail structure especially) philosophy already? 

Musk has Tesla stores. Where do you think he got that idea? He realized that controlling the experience matters just as much as the product itself. You could replace all the Tesla branding at a Tesla store and you'd assume it was an Apple store already. Musk isn't some idiot, he knows what works and what doesn't for the people. 

The is assuming he sells at all. Partnership? Maybe. Battery tech is something those two take quite seriously. Outright buyout? Doubtful. Not for monetary purposes. Tesla will be a cash black hole till ~2020. Apple would buy them out for a long term play, which would mean they would be fairly serious on being in the game. Nobody knows right now. 

But forget anything grounded in logical reasoning; lets just make shitposts about how Tesla would become overpriced or locked down (as if they aren't already locked down to hell) or whatever else. This place sometimes, I try to stay with the program but some stuff is just ridiculous. 

they mimic apple but they also do alot of things that apple wouldn't, its one thing to copy a good idea, its another to copy business practice. i cant see it happenning

they mimic apple but they also do alot of things that apple wouldn't, its one thing to copy a good idea, its another to copy business practice. i cant see it happenning

If it did, like I said, it would be a long term play. Apple has a lot of money to invest, Tesla is the next thing to invest in (even with its current prices). Maybe I say that since I'm invested substantially into Tesla right now, but I think Tesla will stay hugely relevant for at least another decade if not more.

They've got too much going on to just go belly up, they've kickstarted the industry for better or worse, so any company that wants to secure their long term future will get in on this action on way or another. It might be as simple as battery technology, it might be whole car lines; too early to say what Apple has in store for us. 

The only thing that concerns me (it concerns me about everyone though not just apple) is that battery tech is vital to our future, having technology advances wrapped up in IP that can increase the cost significantly is scary.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

The only thing that concerns me (it concerns me about everyone though not just apple) is that battery tech is vital to our future, having technology advances wrapped up in IP that can increase the cost significantly is scary.

I'm concerned about the Apple logo being on the car is all - I'm not a fan of logo's on my products really.

The benefits would easily outweigh all of these supposed bad things everyone's talking about, though. Dunno why it's an issue.

I'm concerned about the Apple logo being on the car is all - I'm not a fan of logo's on my products really.

The benefits would easily outweigh all of these supposed bad things everyone's talking about, though. Dunno why it's an issue.

DAE H8 APPLE!?!!?

Thats the issue here. Google does it? Cream your pants. MS does it? Still cream your pants? Gaben does it? Holy orgasm. Apple does it? Pitchforks, flaming pitchforks. I try to be rational but its getting absurd. 

The automotive industry is one that is not kind to startups. It gobbles them up and spits them out (occasionally it shits them out if they're unfortunate). I'd like to think that Apple knows the pitfalls of entering this industry and the dos and don'ts of how things work, especially the patents. Theres a good reason you hear far less of the patent bickering in the auto industry than you do the tech one. 

I don't see a problem at all. Both companies emphasize elegance, innovation, and quality. Maybe Apple can refine their Carplay software and make car dashboards better. 

Edit: It's also mutually beneficial. Apple can use the new battery tech that Tesla is developing in their own products.

DAE H8 APPLE!?!!?

Thats the issue here. Google does it? Cream your pants. MS does it? Still cream your pants? Gaben does it? Holy orgasm. Apple does it? Pitchforks, flaming pitchforks. I try to be rational but its getting absurd. 

The automotive industry is one that is not kind to startups. It gobbles them up and spits them out (occasionally it shits them out if they're unfortunate). I'd like to think that Apple knows the pitfalls of entering this industry and the dos and don'ts of how things work, especially the patents. Theres a good reason you hear far less of the patent bickering in the auto industry than you do the tech one. 

Totes. If anything, it'll help out Tesla in the market since Apple has an arguably bigger name.

If it did, like I said, it would be a long term play. Apple has a lot of money to invest, Tesla is the next thing to invest in (even with its current prices). Maybe I say that since I'm invested substantially into Tesla right now, but I think Tesla will stay hugely relevant for at least another decade if not more.

They've got too much going on to just go belly up, they've kickstarted the industry for better or worse, so any company that wants to secure their long term future will get in on this action on way or another. It might be as simple as battery technology, it might be whole car lines; too early to say what Apple has in store for us. 

the thing is the apple is a very walled garden, tesla on the other hand doesnt want a walled garden,

Wow, this is the best and worst news ever. 

Worst, because apple rarely makes a "good quality" product, most of their products are perfectly average (even my aunt's already broken her i6 screen) and thus they have every opportunity to destroy the rare gem that is Tesla. 

Best, because if they do destroy the company then petrol-and-diesel car companies will get more money and maybe those ex-customers will realise how illogical electric cars with lithium-ion batteries are.

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

I'd rather have Apple buy Microsoft simply so they can get rid of Bing, the worst search engine ever.

I have liberated myself from as many of Google's services as possible (except for youtube) and so far Bing works just as well as Google except that you can just type whenever you want on the search results page to adjust your search, that's a really nice feature from Google.

uhhhhhhhhh every single FLIPPIN car has a logo and you are free to remove logos as you please.......

uhhhhhhhhh every single FLIPPIN car has a logo and you are free to remove logos as you please.......

Calm down. I know this.

I have liberated myself from as many of Google's services as possible (except for youtube) and so far Bing works just as well as Google except that you can just type whenever you want on the search results page to adjust your search, that's a really nice feature from Google.

OneDrive is clunky, Outlook is clunky. MSN looks like shit, and Bing overall sucks. That's why I like Google's equivalent. Sheer simplicity, yet the control you get is in the power of your hands.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

OneDrive is clunky, Outlook is clunky. MSN looks like shit, and Bing overall sucks. That's why I like Google's equivalent. Sheer simplicity, yet the control you get is in the power of your hands.

Well, I use Microsoft Word and Powerpoint a lot and have files to automatically save to OneDrive which compared to Google Drive, is miles ahead. Material Design is also so poorly designed and looks awful. I have been too forgiving to Google in the past, and I'm sure others have too. Too many times has Google changed Youtube for the worse and just a couple days or weeks later, people seem to forgive them. Bing search is pretty much equal to Google in most searches since all Microsoft does is just copy Google. Chrome is super clunky and scrolling is still laggy on a 4.6ghz 4690k and 1ghz 7950. Gmail's inbox isn't the classic email inbox that I like. I'm just tired of fighting Google and their lack of concern about their customers.

No they don't. Tesla wants to increase the appeal of electric cars and are even willing to help their competitors in the quest to do so. Apple on the other hand has demonstrated again and again that they are willing to patent and sue for even basic ideas if it means that their competitors gets crippled.

Apple is harmful to the industry as a whole because of their aggressive use and abuse of the patenting system. I could never see Apple do like Tesla and give their patents away for free...except maybe give them away for free and then sue for using them a bit later.

Tesla and Apple share some similarities but I think they are radically different in the most important area. I really hope Tesla don't get bought by Apple.

Wow, this is the best and worst news ever. 

Worst, because apple rarely makes a "good quality" product, most of their products are perfectly average (even my aunt's already broken her i6 screen) and thus they have every opportunity to destroy the rare gem that is Tesla. 

Best, because if they do destroy the company then petrol-and-diesel car companies will get more money and maybe those ex-customers will realise how illogical electric cars with lithium-ion batteries are.

So because your aunt broke the i6's screen means that all other phones have unbreakable screens. See how stupid you sound. 

So you're calling tesla a rare gem and then you state how illogical is to have battery powered cars. What are you trying to prove?

I think Tesla would be perfect under Apple. Tesla's cars & battery tech and Apple's software can admittedly one of the best combinations

If that happened then the cars would become even more expensive to have the shitty apple branding on them, plus apple would take all of their technologies and patent it so that no other car company could have it

it would just completely ruin the electric vehicle market

Either you're a blind hater or you just did it for upvotes. Either way you sound stupid

No they don't. Tesla wants to increase the appeal of electric cars and are even willing to help their competitors in the quest to do so. Apple on the other hand has demonstrated again and again that they are willing to patent and sue for even basic ideas if it means that their competitors gets crippled.

Apple is harmful to the industry as a whole because of their aggressive use and abuse of the patenting system. I could never see Apple do like Tesla and give their patents away for free...except maybe give them away for free and then sue for using them a bit later.

Tesla and Apple share some similarities but I think they are radically different in the most important area. I really hope Tesla don't get bought by Apple.

Perfect explanation to the Tesla operates like Apple argument. Thank you.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Proprietary fueling up ports and siry in the car sounds like a  great idea..........said no one ever.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Makes no sense. Tesla released patents because they wanted that industry to grow so selling it to Apple now would be equal to shooting themselves in the foot.