Apple thinking of buying Tesla?

blaze756

Seventy......five......billion dollars.

Jesus freaking christ. I know 99% of that is stock, not cash, but bloody hell.

This would also be the worst thing to happen to Tesla. Tesla has been a beacon of openness and trying to improve the industry as a whole. Apple doesn't really follow that philosophy.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Doesn't that seem kinda cheap? Or is it just me? I suppose I thought it would be more than that.

Ehh, at $75 Billion it would put it in the top 10 most expensive acquisitions ever made. http://www.sheknows.com/living/articles/1043851/top-10-most-expensive-corporate-acquisitions

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

If it happens then say good bye to all of the patents that Tesla released for other companies to use because Apple would take them back and while they are at that probably make Tesla cars extremely overpriced and bloated with Apple software making it a pain for Android/Windows Phone users. I sure hope this doesn't happen and that Elon Musk knows better than selling his company to Apple.

Tesla is publicly traded, wouldn't have a choice either way if Apple actually did want to buy them. 

Both companies focus seriously on battery life and want to improve it, its mutually beneficial for everyone. I can see a battery partnership at the least, but straight up buyout? Who knows. With Apple working on its own car and industry execs flocking over to help them, this just might be another tall tale rumour based around nothing. 

I just love the knee jerk reactions here. If Google were the one making this offer, you'd probably cream your pants about how great it is for the industry. 

I hope not, I've already been saving up for the affordable Tesla.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I hope not, I've already been saving up for the affordable Tesla.

You and me both. I'm sitting here watching stock prices and hoping it never drops below 200 again because I don't like panicking that much. Even though I'm still making money, more is good for me. 

not sure if this is good or bad. probably bad

Bad of course. If they bring out a sedan it will bend when you take a seat in it.

Tesla has been a beacon of openness

lolwut?

Right now there's an anti-competition law suit starting against Tesla in Norway because they only let cherrypicked bodyshops buy parts required to fix their cars.

That's the opposite of openness.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

lolwut?

Right now there's an anti-competition law suit starting against Tesla in Norway because they only let cherrypicked bodyshops buy parts required to fix their cars.

That's the opposite of openness.

They also made many of their technology patents free to move the industry forward.

All of the issues like that are about how their brand is represented and what service their customers can expect, which I can completely understand.

What Tesla do is drive the industry forward while retaining their brand identity.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Well tesla ceo is gonna have hard time if apple makes the offer.

Designwise i think apple could make it look absolutely awesome. Only thing i worry about is the stupid pricing which apple is well known for....

Only double the price for 20% increase in battery capacity!? SIGN ME UP!

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

it actually same topic diffrent news so i didn't know already posted through

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q