Scrapyard Wars Episode 1a

Lol what the hell... This Was fun.

Also been wondering, what the hell is the phone that Linus uses, I don't recognize it.

Use pseudonyms next episode, so you don't have to deal with random craigslist fans knowing your phone #...

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

Wow, I love the idea for this video. Im hooked.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Damn I live like 1 hour from these guys and $300 could have got a 2700k system with a 660 haha from my shop

seattle? 

Is that really one hour from surrey Vancouver? Because if yes, you are lucky!

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

What are the songs used in the video?

Specifically, the only ones not listed in the description. The one that goes "doo doop doo die doo doop doo doo DEE DOO". Also the one that sounds like Borderlands.

First of all, congratulations with your guys first real ''tv-like'' series (The water cooling one was not really TV worthy IMO.) 

What I would like to see in upcoming episodes 

- A real intro, I like the Scrawyard Wars thingy in the beginning but it should be a little longer and there should be more stuff involved.

- The point of view of the cameras are still too close-up for my liking, moving them away a little more so that you can see the legs too is a welcome addition IMO. The reason for this is to discern between ''action'' shots and static shots( E.g. you sitting in a car while looking for parts on your laptop, here I don't mind the shakeyness and the close-up filming.) But especially in the introduction where you explain something, it's nice to have the camera a little further away. I think CNET does a great job of camera placement and getting some ''inspiration'' isn't a bad thing.

-While material design is great for things like a build guide, not so great for a ''tv-show'' like series.Try to stick to one style because while the ''Scrapyard wars'' intro is nice, it doesn't match.

- Try to interview people, the more people in a video, the nicer it'll be. E.g. when slick picked up the PC the cameraman should've kept filming ( of course with permission of the seller!) and try to ask him why he sells. it. I know that with this series it isn't really a great addition but in future series it could be.

-I think the thumbnail should not have text on it ($  300 gaming pc challenge.)

- With CES you guys used those nice name tags (All around the world and back, I believe.) Include that too.

-Another idea, to create a more dynamic (Separation between being ''out in the field, hunting for parts'' and ''introduction research'' should be different. I think it would be nicer if, for instance, you guys started inside and then moved outside for a more dynamic scene.

-It's a show after all. It's main purpose is to entertain, and while I absolutely loved it, I can see that some other people wouldn't really love it as much, I think that there should be more entertainment. (Read: Prank each other more or do something entertaining :P)

What I really liked.

-The typical LTT humor, especially linus of course.

-The music was nice

-The fact that luke has a much nicer car than linus :P

-the length of the episode was spot on for a YouTube video of this kind IMO.

@LinusTech

@Slick

@nicklmg

@dezeltheintern

Interested in Business and Technology

If you guys will allow it I have some constructive criticism for this series.

First, please tell us when the next one is coming out in the video. Tell us it is a weekly series.. I did not see that anywhere in the video.

Second, stop making parts based solely on the chronological order of things.

Think about the many parts of the iMac review, each had a theme, a purpose.

This series should have followed the same idea.

Part 1: SCAVENGING! - Everything covered in todays video and everything up to the point where all the parts are in your hands

Part 2: BUILDING! - Putting everything together, realizing it doesn't work and overclocking it

Part 3: CHALLENGING! - All the fighting and benchmarking and wrap up

Rather than the current format which appears to be

Part 1: DAY ONE

Part 2: DAY TWO

Part 3: ALL THE EXCITING STUFF THAT WE ACTUALLY WANTED TO SEE.

Anyone else agree with me?

I agree with this guy but here's another suggestion let break the norm and let it be two different tech people like MKBhD vs Pauls hardware it would be good too see how the tech varies in each area. I really do like this idea but it should have its own channel. The different people would be great in my opinion but I guess it wouldn't be too fair? I'm not sure. But I love the show make it at least 2 times a week.

Would have been cool if they used Freegeek. they have all of the stuff they would need right there.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Wait... 1a? Really? So there will be 1b before part 2? Not again! Please! Make less longer parts!

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

I really enjoyed this, something different and can't wait for the next part!

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

1a? the series hasnt even started yet and you have already broken it down that much?

I'm guessing like 1a and b for day one and two and 2 will be a different challenge with a "a" and a "b"

It Won't Fail Cause of Me.

First of all, congratulations with your guys first real ''tv-like'' series (The water cooling one was not really TV worthy IMO.) 

What I would like to see in upcoming episodes 

- A real intro, I like the Scrawyard Wars thingy in the beginning but it should be a little longer and there should be more stuff involved.

- The point of view of the cameras are still too close-up for my liking, moving them away a little more so that you can see the legs too is a welcome addition IMO. The reason for this is to discern between ''action'' shots and static shots( E.g. you sitting in a car while looking for parts on your laptop, here I don't mind the shakeyness and the close-up filming.) But especially in the introduction where you explain something, it's nice to have the camera a little further away. I think CNET does a great job of camera placement and getting some ''inspiration'' isn't a bad thing.

-While material design is great for things like a build guide, not so great for a ''tv-show'' like series.Try to stick to one style because while the ''Scrapyard wars'' intro is nice, it doesn't match.

- Try to interview people, the more people in a video, the nicer it'll be. E.g. when slick picked up the PC the cameraman should've kept filming ( of course with permission of the seller!) and try to ask him why he sells. it. I know that with this series it isn't really a great addition but in future series it could be.

-I think the thumbnail should not have text on it ($  300 gaming pc challenge.)

- With CES you guys used those nice name tags (All around the world and back, I believe.) Include that too.

-Another idea, to create a more dynamic (Separation between being ''out in the field, hunting for parts'' and ''introduction research'' should be different. I think it would be nicer if, for instance, you guys started inside and then moved outside for a more dynamic scene.

-It's a show after all. It's main purpose is to entertain, and while I absolutely loved it, I can see that some other people wouldn't really love it as much, I think that there should be more entertainment. (Read: Prank each other more or do something entertaining :P)

What I really liked.

-The typical LTT humor, especially linus of course.

-The music was nice

-The fact that luke has a much nicer car than linus :P

-the length of the episode was spot on for a YouTube video of this kind IMO.

@LinusTech

@Slick

@nicklmg

@dezeltheintern

I agree try get some more people and try prank each other in some way I dunno to keep it interesting and try get other people like Austin Evans and tek syndicate to do it or something.

It Won't Fail Cause of Me.

Maybe it's a bit rough around the edges but this was really fun to watch! Looking forward to the next episode.

Can I recommend doing an opening like Top Gear where you tease parts of the video to come that makes no sense but demands you to watch. Not sure if any of the crew are auto geeks but hey its all good.

What is the song at 2:00?

It's too quiet for Google to pick it up, and I can't make out any of the lyrics.

This is an awesome video! You could do another scrapyard wars oldscholl edition with a budget of 100 usd and go all out oc pentium D or p4.

G5 casemod is done :D!

i5 2500K with Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 | 8GB @1600 | Club3D HD 7950 royalKing | Corsair Carbide 500R Black | Samsung 830 SSD 128GB + 2TB HDD | XFX ProSeries 750W XXX | dell u2312hm 

Loving it guys... Keep it up!

Main Rig |  Asus Maximus VIII Hero | Intel 6700k @ 5ghz | Corsair H110i GTX | 16gb Kingston HyperX 2800mhz DDR4 | Corsair hx1000i | Intel 750 400gb NVME 2.5 SSD | 2x 512gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD | 8x 4tb Seagate HDD Synology DS1813+ | BenQ XL2720T | Zowie FK1 | Corsair K70 RGB | Sennheiser HD650 | Mayflower 02DAC and Amp combo | Blue Spark Microphone | Fractal Define S | Asus GTX980ti Strix

Wife's Rig | Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe | Intel 3770k @ 4.8ghz | Corsair H100i 4x sp120 Quiet Edition | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz DDR3 | Corsair ax760i | 2x 512gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD | 3x 24" Lenovo 1200p Screens  | Bit Fenix Prodigy 230mm Intake & af140 Exhaust | Gigabyte GTX780

Good luck trying to build a PC for $300 from anywhere else in the world apart from the US and Canada

I didn't see this coming at all! I like that you guys are branching out and trying things like this, great to see! 

The video has some creases, but they will do ironed out, as the forma is more defined. I really liked that it was mot too formal and there was still quite a bit of messing around!

The short parts rational by both Linus and Luke was good to have too. Length was spot on for me, I just need more :P 

Keep em coming! 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Luke has a better car than his boss (Linus).  But it's still a Honda. :)

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

What is the song at 2:00?

It's too quiet for Google to pick it up, and I can't make out any of the lyrics.

Otis Mcdonald - Fly Away  from the Youtube Audio Library.

Follow me on Twitter at: @edzelyago