Scrapyard Wars Episode 1a

That OCZ RAM that Luke found I swear must have been one of the cheaper RAM sets on the market around the time of the Core 2; it seems like every computer I reclaima and open up from that era has that gold-sinked RAM in it in either a 1GBx2 or 2GBx2 configuration.

It was the best for the money at the time

"Rawr XD"

Love this style of video. Fun and entertaining to watch. looking forward to the rest and hopefully more in the future.

Main system

CPU: 13900KF | Motherboard: Z690 Aorus Master | GPU: RTX3080Ti FE | RAM: 32GB@5600 | Hard Drive: 2TB 970 Evo plus | Power Supply: beQuiet DarkPower 12 1000W | Cooling: Custom water loop CPU/GPU | Case: Meshify 2 XL | Operating System: Windows 10Pro | Monitor: LG 32GK65B | Keyboard: Ducky

Bedroom PC

CPU: 11700k@4800 | Motherboard: Z590 Aorus Master | GPU: RTX3080 FE | RAM: 32GB@4000 | Hard Drive: 1TB 970 Evo plus/1TB MX500 | Power Supply: Corsair RM850x | Cooling: H100i | Case: Fractal Meshify C | Operating System: Windows 10Pro | Monitor: LG 65" B2 OLED

HTPC

CPU: 10900k | Motherboard: Z490 Aorus Master | GPU: GTX1080Ti | RAM: 32GB@3600 | Hard Drive: 1TB 970 Evo plus/1TB MX500/4TB HDD | Optical Drive: BluRay | Power Supply: Corsair RM750x | Cooling: Low profile noctua | Case: SilverStone GD09B | Operating System: Windows 10Pro

I agree with the idea that you guys should find an open dumpster behind NCIX, MemoryExpress, etc, and see what you can find.

After 3-4 months of watching your videos, this was the one that beat me into submission and forced me to register an account here, lol.

Truly my favorite video to-date!

loved the "real-world" aspect of it - nice to see the planning, strategy, interactions and methodology behind it all.

Please maintain the (seemingly) free-flow style of production - It is absolutely entertaining!

I could easily see this format/series becoming not only a mainstay for your channel, but also bringing more viewers to the channel

With a few "quirky" competitions in future episodes to make the builds more surprising/interesting would add even more depth IMO

So thanks for listening(or not) to my first rant here and for the record:

Not trying to blow smoke up anyone's backplate - but I enjoyed this series so much already, if I have to fill up your forum with some gumbo to make sure you do more of it, so be it, lol- You have officially earned my vote (Just don't try to cash it until the 28th)

... so I get that some things take a long time to produce and shoot so they need to be split into multiple videos, but do they need to be spread out so much? 

Scrapyard Wars feels like it is done and they are spacing the episodes out for no reason. Can't they just put out all the parts in one day? This will allow them to get the revenue from multiple videos without unnecessarily delaying content...

Scrapyard Wars feels like it is done and they are spacing the episodes out for no reason. 

Yeah, no. It's not. Also, releasing them in one day is also not good, according to stats.

Follow me on Twitter at: @edzelyago

After 3-4 months of watching your videos, this was the one that beat me into submission and forced me to register an account here, lol.

Truly my favorite video to-date!

loved the "real-world" aspect of it - nice to see the planning, strategy, interactions and methodology behind it all.

Please maintain the (seemingly) free-flow style of production - It is absolutely entertaining!

I could easily see this format/series becoming not only a mainstay for your channel, but also bringing more viewers to the channel

With a few "quirky" competitions in future episodes to make the builds more surprising/interesting would add even more depth IMO

So thanks for listening(or not) to my first rant here and for the record:

Not trying to blow smoke up anyone's backplate - but I enjoyed this series so much already, if I have to fill up your forum with some gumbo to make sure you do more of it, so be it, lol- You have officially earned my vote (Just don't try to cash it until the 28th)

Glad to hear we finally captured you. I hope you stick around. We aren't all terrible people.

Thanks to everyone for all the awesome (and helpful) comments in this thread. We are GOING to continue the scrapyard wars concept. Just not sure exactly what form it'll take or what the challenges will be yet :)

Glad to hear we finally captured you. I hope you stick around. We aren't all terrible people.

Thanks to everyone for all the awesome (and helpful) comments in this thread. We are GOING to continue the scrapyard wars concept. Just not sure exactly what form it'll take or what the challenges will be yet :)

We need more series like these. They're hilarious, and maybe another that is like a $400-$600 budget, or one with a couple parts supplied but you are restricted due to one of the parts being a low wattage PSU. :D

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I'm feeling pretty lucky, free 500W PSU and case, free P5K-VM, $49 Xeon X5450, free cooler capable of handling it at 3.2GHz, free 2x 1GB Team Xtreem Dark, 1x2GB Kingston HyperX $2.50, $20 500Gb Seagate HDD, GTX 650Ti OC 2GB (capable of a further 240MHz) $149. And with my old 1024x768 screen Crysis 3 was playable when set to 'high spec'. $220.50 all up.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I really liked this video! thought it was a neat idea! One thing that I would like to see, just because I fold a decent bit, would be what sort of folding ppd you guys get out of these 400 dollar computers and then scale it to the approximate ppd you'd get from say a approximately 4000 dollar all out crazy setup, ie would the computer worth 10 times more give 10 times the points per day? Or possibly more or less.

Love this series so far hope to see more like it in the future. (aka needz moar videos faster lolz!!) any way keep up the great work!!

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

This series is awesome! It reminds me of my first (and current) build. I got a PSU for Christmas this year, and my cousin gave me a GTS 450. I had a case donated to me by a family friend (I modified it heavily since the thing was hideous). I salvaged an optical drive, a couple fans, and some hard drives from old computers given to me. I then purchased my CPU, RAM, and Mobo for ~211 USD. Since then, I have bought two case fans, and another DIMM of RAM to get me to 8GB. I will be posting a build/work-log soon (I need to scrounge up some pics cause I'm horrible about documenting my work; I like to get stuff done rather than take a whole lot of pictures). It's supposed to be an "upgrade as you go" type build. Next on my upgrade list: New GPU, AIO CPU cooler, and custom water cooling loop for GPU.  :D

So I saw this video today and wanted to give a go at it.

To keep things fair I'm only using 240 USD not 300 do to currency rates. I also only spent 5 hours total finding and getting all the parts today.

So I'm pretty sure I didn't break any of the rules but this is what I did. Found an add on cragslist stating that this homeowner was moving and needed to get rid of computer parts from Alligator Clips to UPS's Battery back and anything in between. I called him up and he said if i would help him pack he would give me some parts for free if i paid for some of them. In the end I got my Case, CD/DVD drive, 4 2GB no name brand like sticker says "2gb 1RX8 pc3"  and 60gb SSD PYRO for free. I spent 3 hours helping the guy pack and load boxes non-stop. I ended up buying the CPU fx-6300, MoBo-970A-G43, and PSU Antec 550watt for 80USD. 

Now last item i need is a GPU and still have 160 left over.

I will post once I get a GPU for this thing and going to have to do benchmarks another day. In the military and cant get off base till later this week. Im stilling going to try to be as fair as possible and not looking anything up till I get another day off, most likely weekend.

post-188818-0-41392200-1424162538_thumb.

post-188818-0-41392200-1424162538_thumb.

Really enjoyed this video and looking forward to more. 

Random question, is Canadian money plastic coated? Those notes looked super clean and crisp, could be due to getting them from an ATM, just curious. 

when's the next episode of scrapyard wars going to release?

I Really like scrapyard wars can't wait for the next episode :3

and I own a rig which I built back in 2008 with the same q6600 linus choose. just a heads up.... I had it oc'd upto 4 ghz..... pretty awesome cpu it even supports ddr3(running at 1066mhz only)

210usd available here for a 2nd gen i5, 4gb ddr3, 500gb HDD with an atx case..

220usd for 1st gen i5, 4gb ddr3, 500gb HDD, gts 250 ( :() with an atx case..

pretty much room left for a gpu..but then again I remember its 300CAD

edit: felt like im in the game itself.lol

Really enjoyed this video and looking forward to more. 

Random question, is Canadian money plastic coated? Those notes looked super clean and crisp, could be due to getting them from an ATM, just curious. 

It is 100% plastic, no coating.

Awesome series to do.  Love it LTT!  I could watch many episodes and heck seasons of this.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Anyone know why this wasn't released today? (Part 2 I mean) - thought it was coming out Saturday morning?

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

Anyone know why this wasn't released today? (Part 2 I mean) - thought it was coming out Saturday morning?

night*

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

I got it for being a YouTuber.they sent them out a couple years ago

:[

that saddens me slightly. no brand tags, or labels...?