Scrapyard Wars Episode 1a

I really like this kind of video. If I had any suggestions, it would be to emulate the British television series Top Gear, and by that I mean have things like "cheap car challengers" except replace car with PC.

For instance, have Linus and Luke both build PCs with a small budget exactly like this, except have the tests/challenges be hidden from them. For instance, they won't know if they're supposed to play WoW at 4k, Tomb Raider reboot, quickest time to unzip a 10GB compressed file, etc. It would be really funny and interesting in my opinion.

I really like this kind of video. If I had any suggestions, it would be to emulate the British television series Top Gear, and by that I mean have things like "cheap car challengers" except replace car with PC.

For instance, have Linus and Luke both build PCs with a small budget exactly like this, except have the tests/challenges be hidden from them. For instance, they won't know if they're supposed to play WoW at 4k, Tomb Raider reboot, quickest time to unzip a 10GB compressed file, etc. It would be really funny and interesting in my opinion.

Yeah, this video really screamed 'Top Gear' to me, it would be more interesting though if the challenges were a little... Weirder... I have no idea what it would be, but it shouldn't be something very simple like WoW at 4k.

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Pure awesomeness!!!

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

Thank god you went straight for the LGA 775 platforms you two. That's what I always recommend if you're going used for $300. :3

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

This was one of the coolest Linus videos I've seen in a long time.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

This was awesome! It reminds me of the adventure I had trying to build my PC last summer. 100% interested.

I like this video format. It's interesting to watch you guys compete and see what you can come up with. Reminds me of the challenges Top Gear does. 

Looking forward to seeing more videos like this (in addition to the regular format videos) in the future! 

I do have one question though: 
What is Luke wearing on his arm? 

The only time incorrectly is spelled incorrectly is when it is spelled incorrectly.

He's got a monostrap bag...

My monstrap bag is starting to fall apart...

linus where'd ya get the bag! (or if anyone else knows about the bag and if it's good that'd be nice)

I got it for being a YouTuber.they sent them out a couple years ago

How do you know we didn't end up with something better?

Hi linus!

CPUi7 4790k (4.0 Ghz)| MotherboardMSI Z97 Gaming-5 ATX LGA1150| RAM: 16 Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro(DDR3-1600, Red 4x4Gb)GPUEVGA GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0| CaseFractal Design Define R5 (Black with Window)| StorageWestern Digital Caviar Blue 1TB and Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD| PSUCorsair HX750i 80+ Platinum| Display(s) Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" CoolingCorsair H100i GTX| Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB| MouseRazer Deathadder Chroma|

Id be pissed as a LTT  fan and he would pass on my card and i wouldnt get my autograph lel

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

Nice series :D

I wish used computer parts market was that great where i am. Apart from radeons (which were flooded due to mining craze) prices are rediculus.

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ Glorious PC master gaming race :wub: ~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
BigBox: Asus P8Z77-V, 3570k, 8GB Ram, Intel 180GB & Sammy 750GB, HD4000, W7
PiBox: Rasberry Pi, BCM @ 1225Mhz ^_^ , 256MB Ram, 16GB Storage, pIO, Raspbian

i can imagine the guy who had the 580 having to change pants after his call with linus

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

I do have one question though: What is Luke wearing on his arm? 

I had the same question, looked through the Youtube comments and someone posted this:

Myo Gesture Control Armband

https://www.thalmic.com/en/myo/

Maybe it's hinting at an upcoming video? Or Luke just likes it. Or it isn't that at all and just looks similar.

This was super entertaining and fun to watch. Really excited for the next episodes. Hey, maybe you guys could start making series like this a regular thing? *hint hint*

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

If you guys will allow it I have some constructive criticism for this series.

First, please tell us when the next one is coming out in the video. Tell us it is a weekly series.. I did not see that anywhere in the video.

It was in the first 10 seconds of the video, mate.  Parts b and c coming the next few Saturdays. Not sure how you missed that.

I had the same question, looked through the Youtube comments and someone posted this:

Myo Gesture Control Armband

https://www.thalmic.com/en/myo/

Maybe it's hinting at an upcoming video? Or Luke just likes it. Or it isn't that at all and just looks similar.

Cool, thanks! 

The only time incorrectly is spelled incorrectly is when it is spelled incorrectly.

SO AWESOME!!!! I love it! :D

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Damn I live like 1 hour from these guys and $300 could have got a 2700k system with a 660 haha from my shop

You gotta hook me up man, that is a great deal.

Definitely one of the, if not THE BEST video you've ever made. I hope the quality of this series is going to stay equally awesome throughout the entire series. 

Really nice guys, keep it up!

please make more episodes. I love it. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

so much win in these videos!!! i kinda like the slightly longer format here! 

Hi!  Please quote me in replies otherwise I may not see your response!