Same Sex Marriage? (your view)

Bicko96

its the basis of evolutionary concepts? how is it not scientific? its the natural law depicted by Darwin. not some gibberish based off nothingness

Still no peer reviewed articles?  Until you post some I can only assume your words are misinformed opinion.  

Here's one for you to start with. http://psycnet.apa.org/psycinfo/1994-98490-000

Read about another 30 of these and show me you understand them with a half decent critical commentary and I might actually start listening to you.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macroevolution

lol google it yourself

I never said anything that said otherwise

After this post I've lost track of your standpoint.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

The same can be said for most Christians.

hmmmm,  a discussion for another time I think... 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

After this post I've lost track of your standpoint.

I think he may have lost track of it too :lol:

Well my view is that it is not right and makes no sense to me no matter how I think of it

Well my view is that it is not right and makes no sense to me no matter how I think of it

May I ask? I read this as meaning it's not right because you don't understand it.  If that's the case, why does understanding it have to be a pre-requisite for it to be right?

That's very, very unfortunate. What if you were gay? what if you brother or sister was gay? What would you do?

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

That's very, very unfortunate. What if you were gay? what if you brother or sister was gay? What would you do?

well, if I was gay, I would understand it then I guess. just if I don't think it's right doesn't mean that I wouldn't like the person. I won't hate somebody because they are gay, or would I judge them. 

Settle down children :), The fact is the Theory of evolution is a theory but it is based n facts. Science can't say something is 100% True or fact but the evidence for evolution is staggering and therefore true. I don't know about anywhere else bu here i the states the main opposition for evolution is right wing fundamentalist Christians. I have had many conversations with those types of people and i have to say they have no interest in believing in evolution or any science that contradicts what the bible says regardless of the staggering evidence. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I may also add to my comment, Germs are also a theory. Gravity is also a theory. a theory contains laws based on facts.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I don't understand how any rational and logical person can be against it. The only people that I have seen that are against it are highly religious bigots and a lot of them seem to think that it's mandatory. As in, if it became legal then they would have to marry someone from the same sex as well, which is just idiotic to even think such a thing would happen.

I am for equality (which is why I hate modern feminists). Let people do whatever they want as long as it doesn't hurt some other person else against their will. Will you be affected if a gay couple got married? No? Then shut the hell up and let them get married.

Homosexuality is natural by the way, it does occur in other species than humans and it is not classified as a disorder since it does not meet the criteria to be considered a mental illness. All the stigma from prejudgemental bigots can however cause mental illnesses, but homosexuality itself is not.

I do not see a problem with same sex marriage.  If two people truly love each other then I hope they have a great life together.  It does not affect me and for the people in the states the last time I checked our government has a separation from church and state, so if I am not mistaken religion should not play a roll in marriage.

With that said, unfortunately seeing two guys kissing is a little much, but I can deal with it =P

beebskadoo, on 20 Jul 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:

Then by your definition people with blonde hair are non beneficial and therefore mutated. See you said 'I consider homosexuality a brain disorder' not 'smart people that submit peer reviewed documents who have a degree in biology or brain chemistry' try again sir
Blonde hair can help attract a mate, a useful trait. Blonde hair does not change the way people think. Homosexuality is a brain disorder by definition. Homosexuality changes your thoughts.
You want to deny what I have said with requesting peer reviewed documents, then I suggest you and everyone here to post some documents on how homosexually is a beneficial.

Not only do I consider homosexuality a brain disorder, so do many scientist. I should of made this clear earlier, but it was late night and I was sleepy so I posted it as if were merely only my opinion when in fact it is fact. Read post below this one.

CPU - Intel Core i5 3570K | CPU Cooler -  Cooler Master Hyper EVO 212  | GPU - NVIDIA EVGA GTX 780 | SSD - Samsung 840pro 120 GB | HDD - Toshiba 2TB 7200RPM | PSU - Corsair TX 750w | RAM - Corsair DDR3 12 GB @ 1333mhz | Case - Rosewill Mid ATX Blackhawk | Monitor - ASUS IPS 23' | Keyboard - Corsair Vengence k70 cherry MX brown | Mouse - Logitech G-400

I don't understand how any rational and logical person can be against it. The only people that I have seen that are against it are highly religious bigots and a lot of them seem to think that it's mandatory. As in, if it became legal then they would have to marry someone from the same sex as well, which is just idiotic to even think such a thing would happen.

I am for equality (which is why I hate modern feminists). Let people do whatever they want as long as it doesn't hurt some other person else against their will. Will you be affected if a gay couple got married? No? Then shut the hell up and let them get married.

Homosexuality is natural by the way, it does occur in other species than humans and it is not classified as a disorder since it does not meet the criteria to be considered a mental illness. All the stigma from prejudgemental bigots can however cause mental illnesses, but homosexuality itself is not.

I have explained how homosexuality is not natural in our species, only in select species that can produce offspring involving two of the same sex.

Homosexuality is considered a disorder, a disorder is not mental illness.

Mental illness- any disease of the mind; the psychological state of someone who has emotional or behavioral problems serious enough to require psychiatr...

Mental disorder- a psychological disorder of thought or emotion; a more neutral term than mental illness.

While it is not classified as a disorder in the the United States anymore, it is because it was "the right thing to do". Which really has no value to declassify it as a mental disorder.

"The famous decision did not come about as a result of a lengthy professional debate on the scientific merits. It happened in an important national political context -- the Watergate Affair -- and revelations surrounding Nixon's "Enemies List" and his conduct of the Vietnam War. This was an era in which much of academia was very loathe to be seen as authoritarian, and very sensitive to charges of political complicity in upholding the cultural status quo. This was the heyday of "humanist psychology" and of second wave feminism. The "backlash" of "angry white men" was still a gleam in the Koch brothers' eyes.

This anti-authoritarian atmosphere undoubtedly contributed to the willingness of the head of the APA to "do the right thing" and remove homosexuality from the DSM. His decision occurred immediately before the actual vote, and as a result of being taken into a room in which many psychiatrists he knew personally were present and came out to him as homosexual. Thus, this major change in the legal status of homosexuals turned on a knife edge and actually had nothing to do with "scientific evidence". The issue had never been about "science", only about political prejudice posturing as "science". The fear that the APA would be stigmatized as an "establishment institution" was the primary driving factor behind the change in the DSM."

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/04/26/970357/-When-homosexuality-was-mental-illness

CPU - Intel Core i5 3570K | CPU Cooler -  Cooler Master Hyper EVO 212  | GPU - NVIDIA EVGA GTX 780 | SSD - Samsung 840pro 120 GB | HDD - Toshiba 2TB 7200RPM | PSU - Corsair TX 750w | RAM - Corsair DDR3 12 GB @ 1333mhz | Case - Rosewill Mid ATX Blackhawk | Monitor - ASUS IPS 23' | Keyboard - Corsair Vengence k70 cherry MX brown | Mouse - Logitech G-400

I have explained how homosexuality is not natural in our species, only in select species that can produce offspring involving two of the same sex.

Mental illness- any disease of the mind; the psychological state of someone who has emotional or behavioral problems serious enough to require psychiatr...

Mental disorder- a psychological disorder of thought or emotion; a more neutral term than mental illness.

While it is not classified as a disorder in the the United States anymore, it is because it was "the right thing to do". Which really has no value to declassify it as a mental disorder.

"The famous decision did not come about as a result of a lengthy professional debate on the scientific merits. It happened in an important national political context -- the Watergate Affair -- and revelations surrounding Nixon's "Enemies List" and his conduct of the Vietnam War. This was an era in which much of academia was very loathe to be seen as authoritarian, and very sensitive to charges of political complicity in upholding the cultural status quo. This was the heyday of "humanist psychology" and of second wave feminism. The "backlash" of "angry white men" was still a gleam in the Koch brothers' eyes.

This anti-authoritarian atmosphere undoubtedly contributed to the willingness of the head of the APA to "do the right thing" and remove homosexuality from the DSM. His decision occurred immediately before the actual vote, and as a result of being taken into a room in which many psychiatrists he knew personally were present and came out to him as homosexual. Thus, this major change in the legal status of homosexuals turned on a knife edge and actually had nothing to do with "scientific evidence". The issue had never been about "science", only about political prejudice posturing as "science". The fear that the APA would be stigmatized as an "establishment institution" was the primary driving factor behind the change in the DSM."

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/04/26/970357/-When-homosexuality-was-mental-illness

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn13674-evolution-myths-natural-selection-cannot-explain-homosexuality.html#.Uesxe41hCg0

I just don't have time so please feel free to read.

Hail Sithis!

Blonde hair can help attract a mate, a useful trait. Blonde hair does not change the way people think. Homosexuality is a brain disorder by definition. Homosexuality changes your thoughts.

You want to deny what I have said with requesting peer reviewed documents, then I suggest you and everyone here to post some documents on how homosexually is a beneficial.

Not only do I consider homosexuality a brain disorder, so do many scientist. I should of made this clear earlier, but it was late night and I was sleepy so I posted it as if were merely only my opinion when in fact it is fact. Read post below this one.

Nobody said that homosexuality was beneficial, just everything you wrote down was a load of shit. 

You are insufferable. Considered a disorder by WHO? Homosexuality is a genetic mutation, just like having brown or blonde hair is a genetic mutation; it happens at the GENE level. Your view is poisonous and prejudice and flat out wrong and you are essentially placing homosexuality in the same level as bestiality. Stop spouting this bullshit.

-Snip-

Where is the scientific proof that homosexuality is a mental disorder?

As far as I'm concerned the political atmosphere at the time is irrelevant - the scientific facts are what determine whether something is or is not a mental disorder, and I don't see sufficient evidence for homosexuality to remain classified as such. Homosexuality frequently goes hand in hand with things like depression and panic attacks etc, but I would argue that is the result of the negative experiences and attitudes one faces when they are LGBT.

I could state that being attracted to a specific type of woman is a mental disorder. But without scientific proof to back me up it is simply an empty and baseless statement. Different heterosexual men have different tastes in women - small, tall, skinny, fat, outgoing, shy, young, old - with such variety in sexual appetites and interests why must a line be drawn specifically at being attracted to the same gender? What proof do we have to state that it is unnatural?

Is this line drawn because same-sex relations cannot result in offspring? If so, would classify any heterosexual couple who are unable to have children as having a mental disorder too?

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

You are insufferable. Considered a disorder by WHO? Homosexuality is a genetic mutation, just like having brown or blonde hair is a genetic mutation; it happens at the GENE level. Your view is poisonous and prejudice and flat out wrong and you are essentially placing homosexuality in the same level as bestiality. Stop spouting this bullshit.

I have been trying to think of a reply that will not get me banned but I am struggling, Well put, even if a little soft...

There is absolutely no problem with same-sex marriage. I mean, do you notice it in day to day life? No. And the churches that say gay marriage should be illegal, can go f themselves. What happened to separation of church and state? Oh wait, IT IS STILL A THING. Gay people are some of the nicest and happiest people I've ever met.

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Nobody said that homosexuality was beneficial, just everything you wrote down was a load of shit. 

homosexual behavior is beneficial in groups of Bonobo's. they all fuck each other instead of fighting about things. it's really interesting.

Hail Sithis!

homosexual behavior is beneficial in groups of Bonobo's. they all fuck each other instead of fighting about things. it's really interesting.

Not only that but it is postulated that homosexuals are safe to leave guarding a pack as they won't try to mate with the females and they'll look after the offspring while the other males go hunting. 

Not only that but it is postulated that homosexuals are safe to leave guarding a pack as they won't try to mate with the females and they'll look after the offspring while the other males go hunting. 

As per the preservation of the gay GGEENNEE  ;)