Same Sex Marriage? (your view)

Bicko96

A somewhat limited ability to think rationally.

A very clever insult...No it's not that. It doesn't affect me. Why should I care? 

PC Spec/ Peripherals: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz (OC @ 3.8GHz) - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Heatsink - ASRock 970 EXTREME3 Motherboard - G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB 240-Pin - Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon HD 7950 3GB - Western Digital 1TB HDD (Caviar Black) - Corsair CX600 600w PSU - CoolerMaster Storm Scout Case - Razer Naga Gaming mouse - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Mechanical Keyboard

I don't see any point in argueing about right or wrong? If a man decides he wants to be with a man, then so be it. Same goes for woman. 

I'm just against the right to adopt childs, because I think that it's crucial for a child to have both "perspectives" in it's education. 

If you are going to be tolerant about something there is no half way. And saying they shouldn't adopt kids is just selfish, not to the people that will adopt, but to the kids who miss the opportunity of growing up on a loving family. And let's face it, most straight couples who have problems having kids go through long and tedious procedures just to avoid adopting a child. 

And if you still think that a gay couple shouldn't be allowed to adopt kids because of how the kid might be treated by his peers, I personally would rather be mocked for having two dads or moms than being an orphan

if some one like cock in there arse or like vagina it dosnt bother me people who say its not natural or offended by it (excuse the languge) a bigoted cunts!!!! and need to grow up

Not the most PG way to say but I agree

I dont really like how people can be gay but I dont hate them for it. Im taught to be nice to anyone no matter who they are and I try to do that to any and every community apart from mac users. They may do as they wish but in the end it is their life and they should be free to make that decision if they want to.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

A very clever insult...No it's not that. It doesn't affect me. Why should I care? 

There is no reason I was just curious.

If you are going to be tolerant about something there is no half way. And saying they shouldn't adopt kids is just selfish, not to the people that will adopt, but to the kids who miss the opportunity of growing up on a loving family. And let's face it, most straight couples who have problems having kids go through long and tedious procedures just to avoid adopting a child. 

And if you still think that a gay couple shouldn't be allowed to adopt kids because of how the kid might be treated by his peers, I personally would rather be mocked for having two dads or moms than being an orphan

This is a really complex issue now, there is sufficient evidence to say a single parent cannot effectively raise a child (there are statistics out there), but what is not understood is why. That is were I start to get concerned, there has been very little research into the effects a male parent has versus a female parent versus two parents.  Until that is known to claim single parenting or same sex parenting has no effect on childhood outcomes is mere conjecture and speculation.   

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

You shouldn't, and I'm glad you don't. Sucks that I won't be around when the human race transcends from theistic beliefs.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

This is a really complex issue now, there is sufficient evidence to say a single parent cannot effectively raise a child (there are statistics out there), but what is not understood is why. That is were I start to get concerned, there has been very little research into the effects a male parent has versus a female parent versus two parents.  Until that is known to claim single parenting or same sex parenting has no effect on childhood outcomes is mere conjecture and speculation.   

Still better than no parents at all, don't you think?

Still better than no parents at all, don't you think?

I would have thought so, but as I said any assumptions would be conjecture. As sad as that is we just don't know. I really hope it doesn't matter because it is nice to think there would be no problem at all.

And it might even solve a lot of problems with kids that need a good home but can't have one.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Why am I not being tolerant? The actual topic of this thread is "Same Sex Marriage" and I support that. I personally have multiple gay friends, and so I am confronted with this topic in my everyday life. 

And yes, of course it's horrible that the kid misses this opportunity, but maybe you'll understand me better,when I'm giving you the example my father told me once: 

"A kid needs both parents. The father to tell him to stop spitting on the street, and the mom to teach him the basic stuff of survival." 

Of course this is just a rough translation, my vocabulary doesn't allow me any better, but I hope you get my meaning ;)

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

I've only been raised by my mother, no father. I'm really happy, turned out fine, no criminal record, consider myself a very nice person. Im saying this because some people say same sex marriage is wrong because a child needs a father and a mother to grow up respectfully.

Love is Love :)

Peace x  

Motherboard ASUS Dual Scalable Xeon WS C621E SAGE EEB Workstation Motherboard

CPU - Dual Intel 16 Core Xeon Silver 4216 2nd Gen Scalable

RAM - Samsung Server RAM 192GB 2666 MHz ECC RDIMM DDR4

Storage - 3 x Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD   /    6 x Samsung 870 EVO 500GB   /   2 x Samsung 870 EVO 1TB   /   1 x Seagate IronWolf 4TB

OS - Windows 10 for Workstation

Soundcard - RME HDSPe AIO 

Graphics - PNY NVIDIA T400 2GB

Case Fractal Design Define 7 XL Black

I've only been raised by my mother, no father. I'm really happy, turned out fine, no criminal record, consider myself a very nice person. Im saying this because some people say same sex marriage is wrong because a child needs a father and a mother to grow up respectfully.

Love is Love :)

Peace x  

I want same sex couples to have marriage (or a unionship and remove the word marriage from the legal system altogether).  But children cannot be brought into this.  You may be exactly what you say you are, but that makes you a minority in your statistical grouping.  It has been repeatedly noted that lone parenting is a risk factor to higher juvenile delinquency. Some studies actually go as far to point out the lack of "natural parents" is the problem not actions of the single parent. BUT, until the causality is understood claiming that same sex parents are good/bad for developing children is mere conjecture and should be refrained from.

im not realy happy with 2 guys marrying or 2 girls but who am i to say that people cant do what the wanna do 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

The guy above reminded me on something about two girls marrying.

Around my area I think there was a small petition type thing which the local school did as a project a few years ago with three catagories each with 'For' and 'Against' tick boxes.

The three catagories was something like homosexuality in general, two men marrying and two women marrying and the weird thing I found was that a lot of people where against two men marrying and homosexuality (no surprise there, my area sucks) but no where near as many people being against two women marrying.

Is it just me or is that a little f***ed up?

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

The guy above reminded me on something about two girls marrying.

Around my area I think there was a small petition type thing which the local school did as a project a few years ago with three catagories each with 'For' and 'Against' tick boxes.

The three catagories was something like homosexuality in general, two men marrying and two women marrying and the weird thing I found was that a lot of people where against two men marrying and homosexuality (no surprise there, my area sucks) but no where near as many people being against two women marrying.

Is it just me or is that a little f***ed up?

actually that may stem from studies that have found men only get turned on by woman (unless they are gay) but woman will get turned on by any one regardless. Or it may simply be that two woman turn men on and two men make them feel ill because some heteroes can't help the way they react to some ideas.

I don't want to make anybody angry, but i am against it.  I don't have a legitimate reason why i am, i just feel like its not the way things were intended to be.  I'm not very religious, but i do know some gay people and they are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet.  That being said i DO NOT want to start an argument or make people feel less valued, its just my opinion, so please respect where i am coming from and i will respect your opinion, and we can all get along!

"its very simple. If you don't believe in same sex marriage, then don't marry somebody of the same sex" Wanda Sykes!!!

I've never understood why this topic is even open for discussion. Two people are getting married through mutual agreement. Where do opinions of unrelated third parties such as you or I factor into this?

I've never understood why this topic is even open for discussion. Two people are getting married through mutual agreement. Where do opinions of unrelated third parties such as you or I factor into this?

It comes from a weird and confusing thing called "human conditioning", who has the right to tell the Japanese they can't hunt whales. You or I don't own them.  It's part of being a global community, the problem is drawing a line between one persons right and another persons right not to have to bear witness to something that they vehemently oppose.  Even Bigots have rights I guess.   This occurs for the same reason segregation happened, and 50 years later it still occurs in some parts of the world because humans are inherently racists. Same with Homosexuality, except we can't segregate into separate communities (you know homosexuals in one and those who oppose in another) because we are forcing everyone else to accept our way of life. Everyone feels they are right on the subject,  but at the end of the day one group is going to be upset and the other will be smug about it, because that is human nature.

Im a muslim and same sex marriage is forbidden so i disagree, BUT let these people do what they want

Man and woman were made for each other.

Edited by solosdk

I know a gay couple that has two children they adopted. These are two of the brightest and most driven kids I know. Also, consider this: people who adopt generally put MUCH more thought into whether or not to adopt. They are almost always sure of the fact that they can support a child, and are most often very loving people. The most messed up children I know are unanimously raised by either uncaring or absent parents that were not ready for the child. I have not seen an adopted child yet who has had problems in their family, be they adopted by a hetero or homosexual couple.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I know a gay couple that has two children they adopted. These are two of the brightest and most driven kids I know. Also, consider this: people who adopt generally put MUCH more thought into whether or not to adopt. They are almost always sure of the fact that they can support a child, and are most often very loving people. The most messed up children I know are unanimously raised by either uncaring or absent parents that were not ready for the child. I have not seen an adopted child yet who has had problems in their family, be they adopted by a hetero or homosexual couple.

Exactly, couldn't agree more.

I've also come across people saying that children needs a mother and father, I didn't have a father when I grew up and I feel I'm a decent human being and member of society but there we go lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Exactly, couldn't agree more.

I've also come across people saying that children needs a mother and father, I didn't have a father when I grew up and I feel I'm a decent human being and member of society but there we go lol

I am not saying we do, but there is evidence to suggest it is topic that requires further study before turning it into a widely accepted practice that is hard to turn around if we are wrong. 

Not that I think it is wrong, there just isn't any evidence to support it, but plenty that casts shadows.

Absolutely sound thinking,  I wish we could see more studies into social and cultural outcomes of adopted children. 

In my personal life, I'm against it. That being said, I don't see how I should have the right to restrict others from doing what they want, within reason. “The rights of every man are diminished when the rights of one man are threatened.” -JFK

If democracy is to prevail, we can't restrict others based on religious beliefs. Sadly this is only one of many rights being threatened in America, which is supposed to be the land of the free. "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Ben Franklin

CPU - FX 8320 @ 4.8 GHz

| MoBo - Sabertooth 990FX | GPU - XFX Radeon HD 7870 GHz Ed. @ 1.075 GHz | CPU Cooler - H100 | RAM - 16 GB Dual Channel Vengeance @ 1600 MHz (didn't care to push these...) | OS - Windows 8 Pro | Storage - OCZ Vertex 3 (120 GB Boot), Samsung 830 Pro 64 GB, WD Black 1 TB, some random 320 GB from a laptop | PSU - CM Silent Hybrid Pro 850W (MDPC Sleeving) | Case - 800D | Monitors - ASUS V238H/ X Star DP2710LED | Mouse - M90 Keyboard - CM Quickfire Rapid w/ custom key caps

"When life gives you lemons, Don't make lemonade, make life take the lemons back!" - Cave Johnson, CEO