Asus Strix 750 Ti 4GB

minibois

just another card for computer manufacturers to sell cheap computers with 4 gb graphics cards. 

awesome! lets put that on the glory shelf, right next to the GTX 740 4GB

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Why the hell are they not releasing a 4gb 960.... wtf

Because the GTX 960 is a cut down GM206 so it would have the same problems as the GTX 970, whereas the GTX 750 Ti is a full GM107 GPU.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

But the 960 has 16Gb of VRAM.

and only 420 MB is usable, AMD has 69TB VRAM and eats 960's for breakfast.

420 - 1 for AMD xDDD

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

-picture-

-picture-

4GB DDR3 Master Race

kind of say my rig only has 512mb ddr3 vram when even thesse have lots of shitty vram :P

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

1 . whats the point in this ?

2 . Are the specs actually right on this Nvidia card ?

3 . totally pointless because the power of the GPU itself cant keep up with the Vram .....

My Pc Specs

CPU : AMD FX-8350 @stock w/Noctua NH D-14   Mobo: Asus M5A99FX    Ram : 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz    GPU : Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce OC 4GB @1429mhz   SSD: Sandisk X110 256gb    Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 800 Windowed  PSU: EVGA 850w g2  Peripherals : Corsair K70 w/Red Switches , Logitech G502 , Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1920x1080) , Ttesports Shock one headset , Phone : HTC one A9

1 . whats the point in this ?

2 . Are the specs actually right on this Nvidia card ?

3 . totally pointless because the power of the GPU itself cant keep up with the Vram .....

On the other hand I can give you a situation where it could be useful - cuda , especially cuda rendering . 

I've seen alot of people both on Blender's and other forums , posting some really nice benchmarks with a 750ti . 

Many go buy a couple of them ( no need for SLI in cuda rendering) cheaply and have a pretty powerful render machine . 

I guess for that.

2. This? http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/STRIXGTX750TIDC2OC4GD5/

3. yeah, probably.. Not sure though

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Because the GTX 960 is a cut down GM206 so it would have the same problems as the GTX 970, whereas the GTX 750 Ti is a full GM107 GPU.

but they released the 970 anyway! :)

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Spooky SOgAVAT.gif

I doubt it will be 4 Gb

kappa kappa kappa kappa kappa kappa kappa kappa kappa kappa

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

have you heard about the pixel race in smartphones?

well this is the same except with memory on gpus

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

wtf why

on another note, that card is cute af

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Give me a 4Gb 970,  and i'll be happy lol.. (im sorry) I woud love to see a 4 gb 960 though, but it's still a 128 bit card.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

The 4GB version has a SLI finger.

Where? I don't see any images that show off that part of the PCB.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Asus has announced a 4GB version of their Strix 750 Ti card.

Source: http://www.overclockersclub.com/news/38100/ (saw it on another Dutch site too)

Pretty interesting stuff, but.. Weird too..

I thought the 128 bit memory bus was not enough for 4GB?

Doubt there will be much gaming difference between this card and the 2GB version.

Nothing is known about pricing and availability yet.

EDIT: someone asked if this was legit, so here is a link to ASUS' website

http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/STRIXGTX750TIDC2OC4GD5/

Judging by this news it seems that there might be merit in the rumors of a 4gb model 960 in the future.

So stupid. If the card was SLi enabled i would see the point. 

Also who would try and shove 4GB down a 128 bit pipe? 4GB down 256bit is doable, And 4GB down 512bit is ideal. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

So stupid. If the card was SLi enabled i would see the point. 

Also who would try and shove 4GB down a 128 bit pipe? 4GB down 256bit is doable, And 4GB down 512bit is ideal. 

I'm not sure I'm understanding your post properly. The bus is for transferring data. Not holding it.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

I'm not sure I'm understanding your post properly. The bus is for transferring data. Not holding it.

Usually 4GB of VRAM is paired with either a 256 or 512 bit bus. 128 seems way to small.

Usually 128 is paired with either 1 or 2GB at the most. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Usually 4GB of VRAM is paired with either a 256 or 512 bit bus. 128 seems way to small.

Usually 128 is paired with either 1 or 2GB at the most. 

I just found your wording to be inaccurate. Though I do think the 4GB model is useless - GPU is way too weak to really make use of it.

ummm.... why the 4gb? not like you'll ever run into a scenario where the 750ti will need 4gb of ram

Nvidia response: "That's why it has 3.5 gigs!!!" 

/s

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

inb4 nvidia find a way to sell VRAM as DLC

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii