Budget PC: All advise appreciated!

Budget (including currency): My budget is R19000 ZAR, south africa’s currency, which is about $1000 USD. Due to import fees, taxes ect. the parts in South Africa is a lot more expensive than the rest of the world, meaning in reality, although I’m spending about $1000 USD, my budget in fact is more around $825-$875 USD. I know it’s not alot, but it’s what I have.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: I will mainly use it for gaming, with the focus on Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 /2024. (I am more than happy to play this game on medium / low settings.) I will also play a bit of games such as apex, minecraft modded and fortnite. 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I already have a keyboard, mouse and monitors, and so thats not included in the budget. I’m also only playing at 1080p. Currently, I don’t have a gaming / decent PC, running a extremely old system with a GT1030 🤢. So unfortunately I can’t really re-use any parts. And were I live, there isn’t really a second hand market, so I would like to buy all the parts new. If possible, I would like to future proof it as much as possible, beca I don’t really wanna upgrade again in the next 3-4 years. 

I have compiled a two rough systems, but I don’t really know what’s better or if something is too good / bad in comparison with the rest of the parts. (I have never been on top of PC’s and the latest tech, so I had a lot of caching up to do.) 

The first system is: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ykr734 

Its using the old AM4 architecture, while having a better GPU, the RX7600 XT (with 16GB of VRAM). Just note, the CPU is the Ryzen 7 5700 (non X version), and it’s about $20-$25 USD cheaper than the X version. In South Africa, that CPU is very easy to find. (And the price at the bottom of this system of PCPartPicker, doesn’t include the CPU… so thats why it’s cheaper.)

The second system is: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VwWGTY

Its using the AM5 architecture, but it has a worse GPU, the Nvidia 4060, with only 8GB of VRAM. 

I don’t really know whats beter, so any help would be appreciated. Or if this is even the best PC for this price?

Also, as a sidenote, I don’t plan on buying any parts through amazon ect, but from local stores in South Africa. (So I only used the PCPartPicker website to show my proposed parts.) 

I hope all this makes sense. 😁

Id mix both.

Am5 + 7600xt

By any chance is there a 6700(xt) still available?

Also I recommend a cheap thermalright cooler for both builds as especially during hot summers you'll have overheating issues if your room isnt thermally controlled on just a stock heatsink

Perfect thanks, I will look at coolers. No the 6700(xt) isn’t available 😭

Is nvidia worth it, in terms of dlss / ray tracing (4060), over the AMD platform? i.e. Is the 4060 much worse than the RX7600 XT?