Cpu underclocks at low temperatures

I have been having an issue with my cpu slowing right down (I assume to protect itself from heat damage) at very low temperatures. The CPU in question is a I7 13700f intel core. It runs at intended speed in games that arent cpu intensive, however once the CPU reaches a temperature around 45 degrees celsius it slows down to 3.5-3.9GHz. I am attempting to change this safe guard on the cpu to something like 75 degrees, since the speed decrease typically occurs in games and cause the framerate to dip below preferred fps. I am using an B-760 plus motherboard and have been unable to find an option to change when the cpu slows down. If anyone knows how to change this safeguard then a response would be much appreciated.

1 hour ago, Sindre244 said:

I have been having an issue with my cpu slowing right down (I assume to protect itself from heat damage) at very low temperatures. The CPU in question is a I7 13700f intel core. It runs at intended speed in games that arent cpu intensive, however once the CPU reaches a temperature around 45 degrees celsius it slows down to 3.5-3.9GHz. I am attempting to change this safe guard on the cpu to something like 75 degrees, since the speed decrease typically occurs in games and cause the framerate to dip below preferred fps. I am using an B-760 plus motherboard and have been unable to find an option to change when the cpu slows down. If anyone knows how to change this safeguard then a response would be much appreciated.

download something like hwinfo and see if the thermal throttling flag is activated when you're noticing the downclock

sometimes cpus downclock to conserve energy if they're not being used as much/ at idle

gaming system: R7 3700X @ 4.25Ghz cpu / B450 STEEL LEGEND mobo / 4x8gb corsair Vengeance @3333Mhz ram / RX 7900XTX pulse gpu / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 cpu cooler /Coolermaster Qube 500 case / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 1500w power supply

laptop: Dell xps 9510, 3.5k OLED, i7 11800h, rtx 3050 ti, 2x16gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, 1TB main drive, 2TB add in ssd

5 hours ago, Sindre244 said:

it slows down to 3.5-3.9GHz

Watch the throttling flags reported by HWINFO. If the temperature is low, it is probably power limit throttling. The default turbo power limits are set very low on non K series CPUs. For maximum performance, you need to increase those way beyond the Intel spec.