The Daily Show examines how stupid people on the left and the right united to fight vaccines.

Translation: I would prefer to make controversial statements over the internet, but when proven how untenable these positions are I will deflect to not liking arguments.

Enough mate, I agree with you, but he has said he doesn't want to argue. Stop.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Someone not being vaccinated doesn't stop you from anything. Its a red herring/ straw man argument, and freedom doesn't mean you get to impose your beliefs on others.

Translation: I would prefer to make controversial statements over the internet, but when proven how untenable these positions are I will deflect to not liking arguments.

No, I prefer to state my opinion without a backlash from people over the internet. So as I said, have a nice day man! See you around. 

Have a good one. :P

Immma ganna have a good one, you too man!

First of all, kudos to Comedy Network for their "not available in your country" screen:

IrXbZJO.png

When I did eventually get to the video, though, the only thing I could think was "I really hope that me or someone I know doesn't get really sick because of these people's stupidity."

Herd immunity only works when the majority of the population is immune. There are some people who can't get vaccines, and those people rely on everyone else getting vaccinated in order to stay safe. If these people don't vaccinate their children, not only are they putting their kids at risk, but anyone else who can't get vaccinated.

People need to realize that this isn't about the government telling people what to do just for the sake of it, it's the government telling people what to do in order to keep them safe and healthy.

There's only two or three provinces in Canada that require proof of vaccination for entry into school, which I think is a good step. There's something in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms (our constitution) that prevents the government from mandating vaccines. I feel that requiring vaccines in order for a child to enter the public school system is an obvious decision to make. 

Someone not being vaccinated doesn't stop you from anything. Its a red herring/ straw man argument, and freedom doesn't mean you get to impose your beliefs on others.

That's not a red herring or a strawman. If someone's child gets sick because less people vaccinate their children, then those children who got sick have just had their time in school decreased because of someone else valuing their personal choice to not vaccinate over the rights of others to pursue education. Are you suggesting that if people don't vaccinate then the diseases that are being vaccinated against will have the same infection rate and nothing will change?

It's the same as having a child who is deathly allergic to peanut butter, the school can place a ban on peanut butter sandwiches in the relevant places of exposure to ensure not only the child's safety but their reasonable expectation of a right to pursue education.

Well, in the zombie apocalypse these are the people that will survive. Why? Well, they have no brain to chew.

I hate anything mandatory, I am a person I will choose how to live my/my child's/my families.  I like the choice. 

You're forgetting your children and the ones around them are also people, and guess who they'll say can fuck themselves when they get measles on account of your alleged freedom of choice?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I hate anything mandatory, I am a person I will choose how to live my/my child's/my families.  I like the choice. 

And I want to grant you ultimate choice for actions that only effect you.  The problem with that view comes into play when your actions directly impact others, then it's MY business and the business of others.  For the libertarian crowd that can't deal with those constraints on their ultimate freedom, I tell them what I always have.  Go live on an island, civilization is NOT for you because that philosophy cannot function and sustain itself here.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

This sure has gone overboard, can wee all agree to not attack me. @thekeemo and @STRMfrmXMN will tell you attacking me is not a good idea. 

FYI Phil is just being the devils advocate here.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

This sure has gone overboard, can wee all agree to not attack me. @thekeemo and @STRMfrmXMN will tell you attacking me is not a good idea. 

He's not lying. He got hands of steel. Killed a man with just his thumb!

Also, @WoodenMarker, I personally feel that this thread should be monitored and shut down before/if any more arguing happens.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

He's not lying. He got hands of steel. Killed a man with just his thumb!

Also, @WoodenMarker, I personally feel that this thread should be monitored and shut down before/if any more arguing happens.

I agree with making sure it is handled correctly. @WoodenMarker

I would have to argue that's what more important, the child's rights or the parents rights, because if the child rights are deemed more important then the freedom of the parent is irrelevant, eg your not free to commit murder because of the other persons rights.

I know a guy who wasn't vaccinated for Polio.  Not a pleasant sight.  Loves bicycles, can barely ride one.

His parents' refusal to get him vaccinated (despite knowing the possible outcome) crippled him for life. 

If you want your children to run the risk of contracting deadly diseases and spreading them, just because "you want a choice", you're no better than any serial killer.

I agree choice is important for many issues.  I don't agree that this is one of them.  Every single person should be vaccinated with the MMR-whatever vaccine.  Period.  Unless they are physically unable to because of illness or allergy.

Some of the more recent "vaccines" like the flu shot doesn't count.  

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Okay, first online school is a thing I choose. But to be more applicable, it is still my choice, I myself have never been a fan of vaccinations because, I have gotten sick, and once almost died from a vaccination.

Subjective experience>Objective experiments... Ffs. The risk from vaccines are lower than the disease. Because I was ill from eating a snicker doesn't mean that those around me shouldn't be allowed to eat it. Also, with respect to the parent child property argument, if a child dies from a preventable disease because the parent did not WANT to give the child the adequate treatment, they are nothing short of murderers.

Using Tapatalk

My sister isn't having her child vaccinated because of stupid conspiracies. 

I have a compromised immune system so this affects me.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Subjective experience>Objective experiments... Ffs. The risk from vaccines are lower than the disease. Because I was ill from eating a snicker doesn't mean that those around me shouldn't be allowed to eat it. Also, with respect to the parent child property argument, if a child dies from a preventable disease because the parent did not WANT to give the child the adequate treatment, they are nothing short of murderers.

I was more playing devils advocate, I do agree with you. I do like your argument, very reasonable. 

Personally I have had all my vaccinations, or at least did when in school. Now the only thing I keep up is my tetanus booster.

I don't get flu shots, haven't had the flu in years (although now that I say that, watch me get it lol). Personally, I have no issue with requiring vaccines to go to public schools. It may be your right to choose medical treatment for your child, but when your child is going to be around other peoples children, swapping who knows what, your right diminishes to favor the rights of the many, namely the right to a healthy environment.

I equate the anti vaccine people with the hardcore christian right wingers who think the bible should replace the constitution. Both are equally insane.

Edit: I don't get flu shots or other vaccines just because I don't like needles lol, shit hurts

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I don't get flu shots, haven't had the flu in years (although now that I say that, watch me get it lol). Personally, I have no issue with requiring vaccines to go to public schools. It may be your right to choose medical treatment for your child, but when your child is going to be around other peoples children, swapping who knows what, your right diminishes to favor the rights of the many, namely the right to a healthy environment.

I equate the anti vaccine people with the hardcore christian right wingers who think the bible should replace the constitution. Both are equally insane.

we don't have anything such as flushots here, everybody is just fine , but not the same case for those who haven't got Polio and Booster

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

we don't have anything such as flushots here, everybody is just fine , but not the same case for those who haven't got Polio and Booster

Funny about the flu shots. I've always thought they were a waste of time.

I'd also point out that the Daily Show is about as trustworthy as fox news, cnn, msnbc, abc, or any other large news outlet.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Personally I have had all my vaccinations, or at least did when in school. Now the only thing I keep up is my tetanus booster.

Edit: I don't get flu shots or other vaccines just because I don't like needles lol, shit hurts

Very good points, I agree if in school some should be required, I am allergic to flu shots,which makes me wonder if my children will be... :o 

This is why I hate artificial boundaries...

Strange , i'm in India and i can see it , why can't you 

2014_-_1-15.png

tumblr_nhpd4cDGF61tgpgy6o1_1280.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker