The Daily Show examines how stupid people on the left and the right united to fight vaccines.

The ignorance level of the people here in America are too damn high , one of her says

If people are well educated here, if they don't vaccinate their child, they have a good reason

seriously WTF 

Click the image for the video :

wLov1QJ.png

We all knew America would get around to bipartisanship again eventually...we just never imagined it would be to bring about the deadliest Horseman of the Apocalypse, Pestilence. That's right, an unholy alliance has been forged between wealthy liberals who mistake the groupthink of their other insulated, holistic psuedoscience-loving idiot friends for peer-reviewed research and conservative politicians who pander to folks who think anything the government does is a plot to kill them and give their money to poor people. Jon Stewart examined this anti-science partnership on the Daily Show, and I hope the stress of thinking about these people doesn't leave him vulnerable to the measles.

If that doesn't make you sad, how about this political cartoon from 70 years ago?

g7ugbzqggq0.jpg

Source : 
http://happyplace.someecards.com/politics/the-daily-show-examines-how-stupid-liberals-and-stupid-conservatives-came-together-to-fight-vaccines/ 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I hate anything mandatory, I am a person I will choose how to live my/my child's/my families.  I like the choice. 

I hate anything mandatory, I am a person I will choose how to live my/my child's/my families.  I like the choice. 

The problem comes into play when your freedom to choose infringes on someone else's autonomy. If your child goes to school, and they are allowed to not be vaccinated, they are in danger of spreading communicable disease, meaning your children's disease (which was a result of not vaccinating) infringes on the rights of the other children to get educated. Also your child is not your property and children don't have the capacity to make informed decisions the way an adult does, so you deciding not to vaccinate your child shouldn't be a choice you are allowed to make in my opinion. You are putting them at risk of harm when THEY don't have a choice. There has to be a scientific standard in place then, not a subjective evaluation from each parent. This standard has to be applied through regulation so as to uphold the right to education that the other children (including yours hypothetically) have.

There has to be a line somewhere. Pure libertarianism doesn't function because the rich generally don't care if the poor die (e.g. see wealth inequality in the world on the whole and how many children starve), corporations don't have feelings (e.g. the Ford Pinto and McDonald's Hot Coffee, etc...), and most people care about themselves and their families as per our species evolving in small tribes that were mostly related to each other in some way and not the way we are as interconnected as we are now.

The problem comes into play when your freedom to choose infringes on someone else's autonomy. If your child goes to school, and they are allowed to not be vaccinated, they are in danger or spreading communicable disease, meaning your children's disease (which was a result of not vaccinating) infringes on the rights of the other children to get educated.

Okay, first online school is a thing I choose. But to be more applicable, it is still my choice, I myself have never been a fan of vaccinations because, I have gotten sick, and once almost died from a vaccination. 

Are you serious ? 

sslRPcL.jpg 

VaccineAfrican.png

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Okay, first online school is a thing I choose. But to be more applicable, it is still my choice, I myself have never been a fan of vaccinations because, I have gotten sick, and once almost died from a vaccination. 

Humans survived without vaccinations before, doesn't mean they all survived at their full capacity , just because nothing hapened to you doesn't mean you should stop giving it to your child. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Sir, Are you serious ? 

-snip- 

HAHAHAHA, that second pic is golden. It's so true and sad.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

You almost died from a vaccination? What was it? What was your specific reaction? Not trying to oppose, just legitimately curious.

So do your children ever interact with other children, ever?

Also you didn't address any point I raised you just asserted again that it's your choice, ignoring the argument from other peoples' right to education. In my opinion it's not your choice if that choice infringes the rights of others.

Sir, Are you serious ? 

Did I ever say I wasn't vaccinating? Nope. I would like the choice. Take away one freedom and people will let you take away more than one. 

You almost died from a vaccination? What was it? What was your specific reaction? Not trying to oppose, just legitimately curious.

So do your children ever interact with other children, ever?

Also you didn't address any point I raised you just asserted again that it's your choice, ignoring the argument from other peoples' right to education.

First off, I currently have no children so this arguing is stupid. Second I was just stating I like the freedom. I like to live in a place where I have choices. 

Most likely an allergic reaction to some elements in that specific vaccine.

Did I ever say I wasn't vaccinating? Nope. I would like the choice. Take away one freedom and people will let you take away more than one. 

It's weird that your username is "Philosophy" and yet you just used the Slippery Slope Fallacy to back up your argument. Like I've said elsewhere, your choice cannot infringe on the choices of other people.

It's Mandatory to breath for survival. as said , just because you didn't vaccinate your child , it could pose a threat to others by preventable diseases 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

First off, I currently have no children so this arguing is stupid. Second I was just stating I like the freedom. I like to live in a place where I have choices. 

We are speaking hypothetically because you are arguing your principles and I'm disagreeing with them.

Yes but did you read my example where I pointed out that your choices would hypothetically infringe upon the rights of others?

It's weird that your username is "Philosophy" and yet you just used the Slippery Slope Fallacy to back up your argument. Like I've said elsewhere, your choice cannot infringe on the choices of other people.

Let's not argue. No reason to take this someplace you don't want it to go. As I do with all friends, no politics, religion or work related topics. It was nice talking to you, hope to see you in some tech topics! :)

But if we didn't have vaccinations, how many people would have died/will die as opposed to having them today?

Surely if we didn't have vaccinations the death count would be much greater for multiple illnesses, sicknesses, etc.

I'm just stating a view, I'm personally indifferent on the matter as of right now. Lol.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Let's not argue. No reason to take this someplace you don't want it to go. As I do with all friends, no politics, religion or work related topics. It was nice talking to you, hope to see you in some tech topics! :)

I'm challenging your principles and what you base them upon because they are potentially dangerous to the rest of society and the rights of others around you. I'm sorry if this offended you, but that's not my intent, it's because what you said directly contradicts how I feel about the subject and I felt it imperative to respond.

Do you believe people have a right to live?

Do you believe people have a right to education?

If the answer to either one of those is yes, then not vaccinating your hypothetical child would be infringing upon your own principles thus making your value of "choice" hypocritical.

But if we didn't have vaccinations, how many people would have died/will die as opposed to having them today?

Surely if we didn't have vaccinations the death count would be much greater for multiple illnesses, sicknesses, etc.

I'm just stating a view, I'm personally indifferent on the matter as of right now. Lol.

It's Mandatory to breath for survival. as said , just because you didn't vaccinate your child , it could pose a threat to others by preventable diseases 

I would prefer not to argue over the internet or at all. Have a nice day guys! 

Freedom can be inconvenient. I think its dumb to not vaccinate your child, but I won't support making people do it either.

The problem is the freedom to not vaccinate your child directly infringes upon the freedom to live and the freedom to pursue an education.

I'm challenging your principles and what you base them upon because they are potentially dangerous to the rest of society and the rights of others around you. I'm sorry if this offended you, but that's not my intent, it's because what you said directly contradicts how I feel about the subject and I felt it imperative to respond.

Do you believe people have a right to live?

Do you believe people have a right to education? 

If the answer to either one of those is yes, then not vaccinating your hypothetical child would be infringing upon your own principles thus making your value of "choice" hypocritical.

No offence taken, dawg! Just no need to start off on the wrong foot. We have differing views, as people are going to. Its all good! See you around!

Hey, I'm not arguing. I was just stating another point of view.

Have a good one. :P

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Translation: I would prefer to make controversial statements over the internet, but when proven how untenable these positions are I will deflect to not liking arguments.

The world is always a better place when people are willing to discuss controversial issues.