Tech Experts React to Bad & Great Tech in TV Crime Shows

Linus, Luke and Wendell are back to look at TV Crime shows that have Tech scenes and moments that make their skin crawl. Join them in looking at NCIS, CSI, and more and breaking down what Hollywood has done right and wrong!

This one for the next episode please. Criminal Minds S3 Ep9

"Hey GUI (gooey) is amazing!"

kKHej5j.png

aww remote control cockroach got cut, was still in the thumbnail though

21 minutes ago, Si3Rra_7 said:

kKHej5j.png

aww remote control cockroach got cut, was still in the thumbnail though

Whatever company runs CSI ended up claiming that section of the video just before going live... Its one reason we made a second Thumbnail for A/B testing... Full version is on FP still if you wanna see it

It makes sense writers would do this on purpose. But some of these feel too real, like they actually wanted the show to be smart. If I'm watching something with family/friends I always try to avoid media with this stuff in it. If not then they'll pause it and I have to try and explain how the writers just threw a bunch of buzz words together and how separately, those words do have meaning, but they mean jackshit in this context.

Sometimes you really are better off playing dumb I guess lol.

so whenever they bring up the incorrect IP addresses, they are correct on their hunch that it is done to never have a real address on accident
it IS IN FACT done for this exact reason. some smarter shows actually use the 127.0.0.0/8 block but most just ensure at least one octet is over 255 and there you go foolproof.

On 6/23/2024 at 9:39 AM, Elijah Horner said:

Linus, Luke and Wendell are back to look at TV Crime shows that have Tech scenes and moments that make their skin crawl. Join them in looking at NCIS, CSI, and more and breaking down what Hollywood has done right and wrong!

Enhance, enhance, enhance, enhance, enhance, enhance, enhance, enhance, enhance, enhance, enhance, enhance, enhance, enhance, enhance, enhance... Got 'em!

No but really... The only drama crime-thriller that's gotten close to realistic IT / Tech scenes is 24, and even then, that's a stretch. I do appreciate shows that fully lean into the meme by trying to one-up each other with most ridiculous tech scenes though. Makes it fun to watch for us IT professionals.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | [REDACTED] - 50GB US + CAN Data $34/month
Laptop: Lenovo Yoga 7i (16") 82UF0015US (i7-12700H, 16GB/2TB RAM/SSD, A370M GPU) Tablet: Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Now that I know that a lot of these scenes are intentionally bad representations intended to be funny for the in crowd who knows, I will forever enjoy them a great deal more. 😁