AMD offering a deal on their cards if you return your 970!

TheMidnightNarwhal

Dying light ;')

That game performs MUCH better on intel cpus its so stupid.

The multi thread optimization is piss poor.

A recent game that performs much better on intel cpus is far cry 4.

I saw a i3 beating a 8350 on a techspot benchie.

The multi thread optimization is piss poor.

A recent game that performs much better on intel cpus is far cry 4.

I saw a i3 beating a 8350 on a techspot benchie.

Unfortunately that is the story of the FX series (note that I bash the FX line itself, not AMD in general. The APUs are obviously a niche market and their graphics cards hold out well for something so outdated-they do have heat issues however), with a QX 9775 (Xeon X5450) pretty much matching an FX 6300 in performance, and exceeding as it gets overclocked (overclocking an FX 6300 doesn't seem to net large performance gains like the QX 9775).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Not just that game, only looking at last year;

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299800-pc-ports-newest-edition-dying-light/#entry4071901

Anyway, my point was that running a 970 on a 8350 just adds a biiig caveat and the CPU should be ruled out way before vram issues.

Those benchmarks are sorely outdated and are missing a number of products.

I'm aware. If you could link me to some newer i'd appreciate the information. 

I did look around a little, but apparently nobody seems to care enough to keep an obvious up to date openGL benchmark 

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Childish thing to do and as a company they should be ashamed, their acting like a bunch of elementary school children. This "issue" with the 970 means nothing to the majority of users, this changes nothing about what the benchmarks were a few months ago that made it an amazing deal and seeing all these people jump on it is sad, its still a great card and people shouldn't listen to this if they aren't going to do anything that uses over 3.5gb.

Going at it hard ehh?

Of course they are. AMD is nothing but smoke and mirrors imo. I too fell for their clever marketing once. The worst money i ever spent was on an AMD system. I used to think they were great because of the marketing schemes and advice from ignorant people. I was also ignorant at that time. Blind leading the blind lol. They serve a purpose in budget builds but they are definitely inferior to the competition.

If they made great performing products they wouldn't need to use the gimmicky marketing strategy. They would let the product do the talking like Intel does.

The majority of people who swear by AMD products are either ignorant or cant afford the alternative. Especially when it comes to CPU's. Once they go Intel they will never go back.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

God they are really beating a dead horse with this. Now it is just pathetic. -_-

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I hope people that kept their 970 will get rewards in the upcoming months. 

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Eh, kinda dirty trick from AMD, don't like nvidia for what they did but still:

Advertise your product based on how good it is, not based on how bad the rest are.

AMD "Well, for starters, our cards actually advertise with the right amount of VRAM they have" 

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

AMD "Well, for starters, our cards actually advertise with the right amount of VRAM they have" 

Technically yes, BS when you look at what is useable on the R9 295X x2, and GTX 970s do have 4GB of vRAM.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

inb4 someone lies about having a GTX 970 so they can get a cheap 290X

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

Childish thing to do and as a company they should be ashamed, their acting like a bunch of elementary school children. This "issue" with the 970 means nothing to the majority of users, this changes nothing about what the benchmarks were a few months ago that made it an amazing deal and seeing all these people jump on it is sad, its still a great card and people shouldn't listen to this if they aren't going to do anything that uses over 3.5gb.

This is how it should be bashing the shit out of your competitors, also it not about effecting people it's about false advertising, yeah the GTX 970 has 4GB but it isn't 4GB at the same speed and bus, for me even if the card is great I would feel mad it's like being laughed at by Nvidia, again the card is great but Nvidia just fucked up.

God they are really beating a dead horse with this. Now it is just pathetic. -_-

Nope it's a great opportunity for them, why not get some new customers and make Nvidia look like an idiot.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

inb4 someone lies about having a GTX 970 so they can get a cheap 290X

Would you blame them ???

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Nope it's a great opportunity for them, why not get some new customers and make Nvidia look like an idiot.

Sure, it was a good opportunity at first.

We get it—4gb means 4gb. They are acting like this is a typical Nvidia thing to do when it isn't. Their "joke" is old and desperate, and needs to stop before it gets any more pathetic.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Would you blame them ???

nah I'd probably do it myself, but I'm waiting for the 300 series cards

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Sure, it was a good opportunity at first.

We get it—4gb means 4gb. They are acting like this is a typical Nvidia thing to do when it isn't. Their "joke" is old and desperate, and needs to stop before it gets any more pathetic.

Nvidia did this with power consumption before, also their drivers up to something% and this can't be replicated, also once when they updated their drivers they put a CPU name that didn't exist in one of those pics that shows performance. 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Nvidia did this with power consumption before, also their drivers up to something% and this can't be replicated, also once when they updated their drivers they put a CPU name that didn't exist in one of those pics that shows performance. 

Did they go on and on and on about it? Make really childish videos and images? Or did they make a comment here and there about their drivers and power consumption (which is actually a very persistent "problem" of AMDs)?

Did they go on and on and on about it? Make really childish videos and images? Or did they make a comment here and there about their drivers and power consumption (which is actually a very persistent "problem" of AMDs)?

They talked about it in their congress, and it was on their site and also the driver performance was featured in the WAN show -Linus called Nvidia on it-, it wasn't here and there it was shoved in your face like see me better power consumption and better performance, childish/somewhat gorwn videos that bash the competitor are the best, look how many people talked about it and shared it.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

They talked about it in their congress, and it was on their site and also the driver performance was featured in the WAN show -Linus called Nvidia on it-, it wasn't here and there it was shoved in your face like see me better power consumption and better performance, childish/somewhat gorwn videos that bash the competitor are the best, look how many people talked about it and shared it.

Talking about their drives and power consumption doesn't sound at all comparable. Could you share a link of one of these instances? If they acted just as childish about it, then okay, But it wouldn't be so sad on AMD's part if they were talking about the issues of the 970 but they aren't, they are childishly making videos and images. Be better than your competition, don't stoop (if Nvidia did the same).

*I'm not talking about how "popular" their methods are. I'm just saying it is sad/pathetic.

Talking about their drives and power consumption doesn't sound at all comparable. Could you share a link of one of these instances? If they acted just as childish about it, then okay, But it wouldn't be so sad on AMD's part if they were talking about the issues of the 970 but they aren't, they are childishly making videos and images. Be better than your competition, don't stoop (if Nvidia did the same).

*I'm not talking about how "popular" their methods are. I'm just saying it is sad/pathetic.

No I got it wrong, I thought you meant that Nvidia didn't make mistakes not fixer like videos, no Nvidia doesn't make these videos or pics like AMD there more mature if you would say.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

They didn't lied, they just have slow ram issues or something like that. The card does have 4gb, it's when it hits the last .5gb that is had problems.

Actually the memory gbs is the only thing they were honest about. They lied about the bandwidth and ROP count. Maybe even other stuff I don't really remember about.

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)