What should I review next?

Some of the new Sennheiser gaming headsets or headphones that have come out. There have been quite a few; some updated designs and completely new cans.

RED WEAPON - HELIUM REVIEW

I've been a filmmaker for a while and I've worked with the RED Dragon and other high end cameras before. I think I speak for every other camera junkie out there when I say that -- After the DIY Desk PC in Glorious 8k with your Red Weapon, I want to see a review of your new camera that many people would kill for --

Things to include --

-What dealer you got it from, if not straight from Red

-The entire package you got, every piece is important, and those things add up in price very quickly, so it will be interesting to see how you decided on each part of the package

-An expert analysis of the color reproduction of the camera since Red is well-known for it

-An overall opinion of the price point compared to performance (bang for buck compared to an older model or perhaps even DSLRs)

-Perhaps an explanation of REDCODE formats (compression) and which one you choose

-SHOW OFF THE CAMERA

-More footage

P.S. YouTube gracefully ruins most Red footage by compression, so unless you have some sort of deal to only upload there, I really suggest uploading DIY Desk PC only footage to a site such as Vimeo.

Steelseries Arctis headsets?

What Can I say about myself.......
I'm charming, witty, charismatic, stunningly good looking and am a habitual liar
I have an eating disorder that leaves me permanently hungry, however the more I eat the more my IQ goes down, It is a cruel and unusual curse. (I may also have bum worms)
I have many friends and they find me very funny, they are always laughing when I am around. 
I only have 1 and a half testicles after an incident involving a squire, a jar of vaseline, a bowl of mixed nuts and a Soft Rock mix tape. 

You should review some aftermarket GPU coolers like the Morpheus II and Prolimatech MK-26.

If you want a silent system then people recommend a large CPU air cooler like a Noctua NH-D15, but that doesn't stop your GPU being loud. With one of these coolers installed your GPU can be as quiet as your CPU, especially when running with premium 120/140mm fans over the gpu's stock fans.

Those heatsinks must be at least 3-4x the volume of a normal dual slot cooler too, so your GPU is likely to boost even higher than it would normally.

I think it would make a really interesting video to see the benefits of those coolers tested.

install6.jpg

A stick of wood.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

How about additional peripherals for controlling in-game cameras?  Not sure any exist although PTZ controllers for CCTV systems might be a stretch.  The upcoming 2.3 update for Elite Dangerous has very detailed set of camera controls, but this may be awkward on a keyboard moving the camera around and simultaneously flying your ship.

Review Ryzen 3 and 5 by emulating Ryzen 7, giving the idea of what its gonna be.

Please quote me so that I know that you have replied unless it is my own topic.

Ryzen + unRaid!

Something like 2 Gamers 1 CPU

To see how good virtualization support for Ryzen is on unRaid/KVM, if it's as good as the intel-based VM.

On 29. 1. 2015 at 4:24 AM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

What about gaming headsets? 

I am moving to Bolivia, (shipping my computer over there is ultra expensive) so I want to take it with me in-flight as a carry-on. Here are the carry on luggage requirements specs 40lbs (Dimensions 22" x 9" 14") American Airlines

Here is my current build: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Gionani7/saved/hN4sYJ

Ideally I just want to change my case (don't care about aesthetics) and switch my cooler from liquid to air because TSA wont permit my cooler for travel. 

Additionally if you have experience flying with your rigs I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks, In Advance Guys

P.S. Linus if your out there I'd love a Video explaining how to overcome AIRPORT DESKTOP TRAVEL btw.

@LinusTech - component crash tests.  Start with the obvious - peripherals like keyboards, mice, chairs, etc.  Then move into components like cases, laptops, etc.

Everyone likes watching a good crash test

A new video on RAM speed seems like it should be coming soon. The old video on does it matter, seems like it might be outdated now. Especially with the last Ryzen video stating "a potential RAM speed limitation".

On 2/26/2017 at 0:27 PM, Andrewf said:

RED WEAPON - HELIUM REVIEW

Boi, what a coincidence.

Mhmm.

totally my idea.png

mindset headphones, currently on kickstarter might be an interesting one

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys

When you can get your hands on the Sony Xperia XZ Premium. I would love to see Brandon review the camera in it.

I want to see some Ryzen 8-core multi-tasking benchmarks.  That's the real reason you buy an 8-core cpu.  The game only benchmarks mean little to me.  I wanna see how well it performs when playing a game, watching a youtube video, and streaming to twitch all simultaneously.  And see a comparison between the Ryzen chips overclocked and non-overclocked, and compare those results to the 6700k, 6800k, and 6900k overclocked and non-overclocked.  I think it would be interesting.  I also think multithreading/hyperthreading should be disabled on all chips to level the playing field, since I know there seems to be some issue with windows not utilizing Ryzen's multithreading correctly.  Hopefully that should be fixed in the next windows update, who knows.

Or has someone already done a multi-tasking benchmark?  If so let me know, thanks.

17 hours ago, Speaker1264 said:

I want to see some Ryzen 8-core multi-tasking benchmarks.  That's the real reason you buy an 8-core cpu.  The game only benchmarks mean little to me.  I wanna see how well it performs when playing a game, watching a youtube video, and streaming to twitch all simultaneously.  And see a comparison between the Ryzen chips overclocked and non-overclocked, and compare those results to the 6700k, 6800k, and 6900k overclocked and non-overclocked.  I think it would be interesting.  I also think multithreading/hyperthreading should be disabled on all chips to level the playing field, since I know there seems to be some issue with windows not utilizing Ryzen's multithreading correctly.  Hopefully that should be fixed in the next windows update, who knows.

Or has someone already done a multi-tasking benchmark?  If so let me know, thanks.

Or how about also creating a Ryzen based 7 Gamers 1 PC, benchmarking that against the Intel rig Linus created earlier?

Just smash a bunch of older tech with a baseball bat.

One thing I and some others are interested in: If you disable four of the cores in a Ryzen CPU so that it's 4c/8t, how does it fare against a 7700k in gaming and how far can you overclock it? I've seen a few people here and there do it and some have shown really good results but I haven't seen any reputable sources do it so I was curious if you guys could. It's been suspected that some of Ryzen's performance drops is because of the CCX design and the L3 cache being separated so that if one thread wants to access some data that is in the other CCX's L3 cache there is much lower bandwidth and higher latency which could be a major cause of Ryzen's somewhat lacking gaming performance. I'm curious as to what really does happen when you do so and if it can help push Ryzen's frequencies much higher or not, as quite honestly the overclocks we're seeing on the 1800x, 1700x, and 1700 are quite small and nowhere near as good as Intel CPUs.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb