What should I review next?

10 minutes ago, moderategamer said:

I'm sure they have done a vid on them before maybe in one of the cheap tech under a tenner vids could be wrong of course but I think generally they are well recieved.

I'll have to look for it, relatively new to the LTT Community, but if they didn't would, be cool to see how they work/ if they are any good.

Current System Specs:

CPU: Intel I5-7660K; CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212X; Thermal Paste: IC Diamond 7 Carat; Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon;

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8gb) DDR4 - 2400; SSD Storage: 1TB Samsung 850 EVO; Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm;

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 8gb G1 Gaming; Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black; PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W 80+ Gold, OS: Windows 10 Home

39 minutes ago, moderategamer said:

I'm sure they have done a vid on them before maybe in one of the cheap tech under a tenner vids could be wrong of course but I think generally they are well recieved.

Just quickly searched for it, but only found 1 video Linus did on Techquickie from 2 years ago about wireless charging, which doesn't mention the item I was talking about. I also happened to find a YT video of it (1min long)

Insider - Magnetic Charger

Current System Specs:

CPU: Intel I5-7660K; CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212X; Thermal Paste: IC Diamond 7 Carat; Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon;

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8gb) DDR4 - 2400; SSD Storage: 1TB Samsung 850 EVO; Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm;

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 8gb G1 Gaming; Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black; PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W 80+ Gold, OS: Windows 10 Home

5 minutes ago, Drake10114 said:

Just quickly searched for it, but only found 1 video Linus did on Techquickie from 2 years ago about wireless charging, which doesn't mention the item I was talking about. I also happened to find a YT video of it (1min long)

https://youtu.be/Tr8BB84pGBk

Sorry my bad maybe it was unbox therapy or someone else can't remember but from what i remember they're supposed to be quite good you just plug them in to your charge port and leave them there then when you want to charge just snap the charge cable in.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

13 minutes ago, moderategamer said:

Sorry my bad maybe it was unbox therapy or someone else can't remember but from what i remember they're supposed to be quite good you just plug them in to your charge port and leave them there then when you want to charge just snap the charge cable in.

Yeah, seems to be a quick-release USB cable, would be handy for expensive items that have cables that can be tripped over causing the item to fly into a wall.

Current System Specs:

2 minutes ago, Drake10114 said:

Yeah, seems to be a quick-release USB cable, would be handy for expensive items that have cables that can be tripped over causing the item to fly into a wall.

That and protecting the charge port from damage as they have been known to be pretty fragile. It's essentially the power connector for macbooks but for your phone.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

11 minutes ago, moderategamer said:

That and protecting the charge port from damage as they have been known to be pretty fragile. It's essentially the power connector for macbooks but for your phone.

My cable seems to get damaged more by bending too much, may try a spring on my next cable, to reinforce the spot.

Current System Specs:

2 minutes ago, Drake10114 said:

My cable seems to get damaged more by bending too much, may try a spring on my next cable, to reinforce the spot.

mine too can't tell you haw many cables I've been through.

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

9 minutes ago, moderategamer said:

mine too can't tell you haw many cables I've been through.

It's like immediately after the reinforced position on the cable too lol.. hoping a spring helps it. otherwise I gotta find a way to have the cable run flat to it...

Current System Specs:

3 minutes ago, Drake10114 said:

It's like immediately after the reinforced position on the cable too lol.. hoping a spring helps it. otherwise I gotta find a way to have the cable run flat to it...

You could try tieing a loose knot right at the end to help relieve the stress, I know that sounds counter intuitive but should do the job don't know why I didn't think of this before.

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

10 minutes ago, moderategamer said:

You could try tieing a loose knot right at the end to help relieve the stress, I know that sounds counter intuitive but should do the job don't know why I didn't think of this before.

That may work, hell..

new video idea for Linus,

Ghetto ways to prevent USB phone Cables from breaking from bending too far. Curious on wacky ways that he would come up with, and ones that actually would work.

Current System Specs:

20 minutes ago, Erasmuz said:

Hello Mr Linus, 

Would you consider reviewing the AOC Q3279VWF8? It is a 31.5 inch Free-Sync,Flicker-free Gaming Monitor 2560 x 1440

LINK: http://www.aocmonitorap.com/au/product_display.php?id=5277

Why? He will just ignore the FreeSync and test it with an Nvidia card.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

You guys did a great job with your reviews on Windows 10 and Surface Book near launch. Can you please do a review on Surface Book with Performance Base and Windows 10 post Anniversary Update. A lot has changed so would be great for others to know!

On 06/02/2017 at 9:43 PM, Lazorsnipes said:

After watching the Reliable Data Storage on the Cheap! It would be nice to see a Server build project for the home user. Since Linus said all the two bay and four bay NAS for the home user SUCKS, I would like some input on building my own server. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2fnM6X was what I put together so far, will actually use four HDD drives, but not sure if I am missing anything or did I go way overboard?? Thank you!!

I Agree, id like to see a video where he creates a 10GB NAS with 10 Gigabit connection, using either pfSence or FreeNas using a normal home router and a couple or three devices hitting it at a time. Basically a from start to end build log, with how to's on how to configure the thing, with a budget of about $1000/£1000 for instance. Some real world, real solutions. Holy $h!t is all and good and cool to watch, but its way out our real world budget.

Also, after watching a few older videos recently, id like to see a updated version on whats in Linus Tech Bag as well, as its been around 3 years (or more) since the last one.

Would like to see a Day In the Life series on all the members of LMG as well, or Edzel and Brandon to do a full on 'our camera gear' run-down for us camera users, even a series as well.

Intel i9 9900X | EVGA X299 Micro 2 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix Gaming 8GB | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 (4X8GB) 3200 | EVGA 280mm CLC

Seasonic 1300w Focus Gold | Samsung 500GB 970 EVO

WD Black 2TB/WD Black 1TB (X2)/Seagate 4TB Ironwolf/Crucial 1TB P1/Crucial MX500 500GB/Samsung 1TB QVO

Phanteks Entho Evolve MATX

Samsung LS29E790C 29 Inch Monitor | LG 24UD58 24 inch 4K UHD

Coolermaster Master Keys Pro RGB (Cherry MX Brown)

Logitech G700s

Razer Leviathan

Review (or maybe just make a video about it) the Xeon Phi 7290F.

Have Been watching your show for about 4 years now and is my go to for any of the latest and greatest tech. If possible would like to see your review on these products to also to get the word out on these printers. Should try to get your hands on a Robo C2 and R2 units they are affordable 3D printers with the same quality as the ultra mark for under 2000 Dollars have pre ordered them my self also the M3D Pro is a very affordable 3D printer that will be also releasing to the public in the next few months all three with a 20 micron quality and the R2 is the ultra mark 3 replacement for 1399 dollars with same spec's

This isn't actually a review idea, but its a video idea none the less. 

Brandon should teach us his camera mastery, maybe some kind of "Filming for the average LTT viewer" or something. Especially with some of the latest Broll he has shot, it has made me really want to get into filming. Just sort of an overview of the tricks he uses to create that awesome Broll we've seen.