What should I review next?

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2015 at 10:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

id love to see some amp/dac or headphone solutions. seems like these get so overlooked.

If you do more un-build logs on things like the HP wave and a review of the HP wave

@LinusTech @Slick

I can really see these things becoming a KickFarted! Just watch the video and you'll see.

Please order a pair so you can confirm. ;) 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Sennheiser GSP 350, really having trouble finding a good review of the Sennheiser new headsets.

@LinusTech @Slick Video idea suggestion. (Not a review item but just not sure where else to post this)
I'd like to see a video on Desktop Noise Reduction, but not like the Silent Build Guides you've already done. I mean take a bog standard system (i5, 1060, stock fans, budget PSU, Stock Cooler, 1 HDD, Non-Silent Case etc) and add cheap modifications to make it as quiet as possible, without replacing the core components (I.e. the focus being on the modifications and not component choices). Would be interesting to explore a variety of ways to reduce noise from all the loud components, and I feel like this would fit in nicely with Luke's Workshop series of videos :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2015 at 10:25 PM, evinta said:

I really really want to see what a mech keyboard on a laptop and a upgradable laptop would be like so titan please!

(that and it sounds like the laptop of my dreams when it comes to content creation....)

He previously did a laptop review with a mech keyboard. Pretty sure it was also up-gradable. 

I have a Desktop in need of repair, you can fix it and review it.

it has a NVIDIA SLI motherboard, 3 PCIe slots, and a old as crap watercooling system, but it looks Awesome.

Just email me to tell me where to send this hunk o junk.

Mayer.Brigan@gmail.com

51X79O0jtxL.jpg

Review ASUS ROG g800vh gaming laptop another gtx 1080 sli notebook with processor clocked@4.2ghz and liquid cooled

I think LMG should do an honest review about other similar "review content creators". On one hand it would fit into new "LMG out of isolation" approach and on the other hand i would not mind checking out some reviews on topics that LMG does not cover. Don't get me wrong, I am always faithful to Linus, but diversity does not hurt.

Glorious PC Gaming Race wrist rests and mouse pad. It'll be easy and fun :1

IMG_1970.JPG

IMG_1971.JPG

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

GPU — AMD RX 7900 XTX - XFX Speedster Merc 310 Black Edition - 24GB GDDR6

Monitor — Acer Predator XB271HU - 2560x1440 165Hz IPS 4ms

CPU Cooler — Noctua NH-D15

Motherboard — Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX V2

Memory — 32GB G.Skill Flare X5 - 6000mHz CL32

Storage — WD Black - 2TB HDD

— Seagate SkyHawk - 2TB HDD

— Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB SSD

— WD Blue - 500GB M.2 SSD

— Samsung 990 PRO w/HS - 4TB M.2 SSD

Case — Fractal Design Define R6 TG

PSU — EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 850W 80+ Gold 

Case Fans — 2(120mm) Noctua NF-F12 PWM - exhaust

— 3(140mm) Noctua NF-A14 PWM - intake

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Headphones — Sennheiser HD600

Extras — Glorious PC Gaming Race - Mouse Wrist Rest  

— Glorious PC Gaming Race - XXL Extended Mouse Pad - 36" x 18"

— Max Keyboard Flacon-20 keypad - Cherry MX blue switches

Some budget headsets.

I have more dedocated WAM than you on my Minecraft server!

Specs:

RX 480 Sapphire Nitro+

i5 4460 w/ Raijintek Aidos cooler

XFX TS 650W PSU

Cheap OEM Acer motherboard w/ Cheap dollar tree Micro-ATX case

12GB DDR3 Decocated WAM

1TB Seagate Barracuda HHD

BTW I live in the UK so if I don't know where you live I will quote all prices in £

Asus Zenbook UX390UA. Thin like the Macbook 2016, but powerful as the Razer blade stealth with 16 GB of RAMAsus-Zenbook-3-UX390-3.jpg

Budget setups.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

On 1/29/2015 at 3:24 AM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

Hey.

You should do a video on what is better for University/College, A gaming laptop or a chromebook/cheap laptop and a gaming desktop at various pricepoints, or perhaps only one if you struggle to get a sponsor.

It would be interesting because many of my friends are considering gaming laptops for college, which seem like the wworst of both worlds, when you get more performance from the desktop, and better portability and battery life from the laptop.

It would be interesting to see your take on the situation.

Thanks in advance

15 hours ago, pyr0 said:

Hey.

You should do a video on what is better for University/College, A gaming laptop or a chromebook/cheap laptop and a gaming desktop at various pricepoints, or perhaps only one if you struggle to get a sponsor.

Don't buy a gaming laptop for college...

But a video on peltier cooling would be sweet.

My Rig: | CPU: Core i7-8086k @ 4.9 GHz | Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix z370 | CPU Cooler: (some coolermaster one that probably should have been retired several years ago) | Case: Corsair 570x | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro

DVD and Blue ray drives.
With modern Gaming not requiring drives, and in home streaming becoming so popular to watch movies, ask if PC Blue ray drives are worth it for media centers. Maybe put it head to head with the Xbox one, PS4, and a home blue ray player of your choice.
I thought of getting an internal blue ray drive for my PC at a later date, but it'd be cool to learn about the types available and how it compares to more dedicated systems.

On 12/25/2016 at 11:24 AM, DutchTexan said:

Glorious PC Gaming Race wrist rests and mouse pad. It'll be easy and fun :1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VFS2KP4/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=5QDCV9IAW0TZ&coliid=I27X5SVJ3A421E&psc=1

;3

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

On 1/28/2015 at 9:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

VR on a budget. Using a google cardboard along with Trinus to make an affordable VR Setup.  

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

Not sure if this thread is still active, but a review of the Ducky Shine 6 being released in the coming weeks would be good!!! Especially comparison to Shine 3 which i know was loved. 

What about a re-run of the AMD R9 fury x ... i can see that the price has been dropped significantly down to 319$ in Amazon and this can be a major competitor against rx480/gtx1070/gtx1060. I know that had a couple of reviews in the past but now with this price is like a new card!