What should I review next?

I would say that a review of old second hand old server stuff/computers could be interesting, to see
A) how it compares to newer servers
B) if it is value for money 

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

An old Z68 motherboard.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Gaming chairs are all the same. But among ergonomic chairs one stands out with its features and price tag: Its Embody from Herman Miller.

http://store.hermanmiller.com/Products/Embody-Chair

I would love Linus's or Luke's opinion after 1-2 weeks or a month (if possible) ?! of using this chair whether it is the top chair in its category or just overpriced gimmick.

Their business is sponsored with Maxnomic chairs but maybe they could use it at home. I am sure with their following it would be very easy to get a unit to keep or review.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

In my oppinion, some peripheral reviews would be awesome. There hasn't been one in a long time and I always liked those.

(Edit)

I got an idea while browsing the forums. Maybe it is already suggested and maybe this isn't the right topic, but I couldnt find anywhere else to post this. The idea is as follows: you could do a kind of idols show where people with awesome builds show of their PC. After the first round where everybody can make a PC to their liking, you restrict them by giving them a budget, making looks matter or only performance. Could be alot of episodes and would be awesome to watch. 

1.) DIY Car Entertainment center using raspberry pies with touch screens and connect to home plex server.

2.)Probably a less fun but one on tips and tricks of how to do a multi monitor setup on one of those stands that hold multiple monitors

Something like this Linus. Running various laptops with an external GPU.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Linus please please do video on differentiating between iGPU and VRAM can 16gb ram on system memory outperform 8GB VRAM graphics card  please help help

Internal HDD drives are getting obsolete in now day systems.

They are slow, noisy, big, heavy and in most of the cases ruining the esthetics of it all.

A NAS drive is a perfect solution for this problem, but what to buy!?

An $100.- solution is isn't even worth mentioning for the most of us here i guess.

An $1200.- complete solution is with 4 drives all bells and whistles is overkill to almost anyone in consumer usage.

$400-$500 is a nice price range for enthusiasts who care about real world performance in situations that make sense.

A what to look for guide or something like that could be a nice subject?

On 1/28/2015 at 9:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

I would like to see the sk hynix sl308 ssd reviewed. A few publications say its awesome, and that its a close competitor to a samsung evo. Im not sure what to believe, because I havent seen a techtuber review it yet. Regardless, im buying it, but id like to be reassured of my purchase :)

SAS drives and controllers can be had on eBay for relatively cheap.  Linus, you've done some work with SSD's in a NAS before and while great for raw speed, for reliability and long term data storage, they aren't really a great option.

SATA HDD's are all fine and dandy but not the greatest of performers.  So then, how would a 15K SAS setup compare?

How about Casey Neistat and Brandon Lee to do a collab on cameras and drones? Since there's a Scrapyard Wars season that is done with Austin Evans within Canada, how about Scrapyard Wars in America with more participants?

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

It's been a few weeks since Linus has done an overkill video...

http://amfeltec.com/products/pci-express-carrier-board-for-m-2-ssd-modules/
Basically gives you 4x m.2 slots (PCIe!) on a single PCIe x16 card (x4 to each m.2).

RAID 0 a a handful of 960 pros anyone ?

Would make a neat OS drive or cache on UnRAID haha

Linus, please review these two ridiculous cases, or either of them. It will perfectly match that golden RBG keyboard review.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811108503

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811108512&cm_re=tempered_glass-_-11-108-512-_-Product

Case 1.jpg

Case 2.jpg

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

On Wed Jan 28 2015 at 10:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

The new Dell inspiron 15 7567 ASAP please. It looks like another affordable dell beast. That packs even more power than the 7559.

U should put a radiator in liquid nitrogen and see if it works.

Hey Linus,

I would love to see you do a review of the iSine 10's or iSine 20's by Audeze.

I've been considering possibly buying them but it's a lot of money for me to spend and there are no good reviews of it out there yet (except for The Verge).

They seem like a really cool product and I'd love to hear your opinion of them.

Thanks

On 2017-01-07 at 3:13 PM, JamieOlive said:

Ok guys, i don't know if it is possible and truth be told not even know if this the right thread but i really  think the Floatplane Club should have a dedicated site, you can keep the forum thing open as well for a period of time but i think you should do it, it will give the thing more gravity, and maybe strat getting some real traction from investors as well.

@nicklmg, @Slick

On the matter of reviews lately i am trying to make a website using either Wordpress or Squarespace. Both of them have their strong points and weak. For various reasons i settled with squarespace but I have a little bit of a hard time and the youtube videos are all a little bit old and very strick looking, so i thought maybe create a site for floatplane club through squarespace and make a series of videos about it along with the floatplane club explanation.

Now i know that squarespace isn't the ideal tool for the job and maybe some sponosrship laws prohibit it or something but i would really like a review on it, or if a review isn't possible maybe someone can guide me to some sites for some more detailed tips and tricks, cause at this point i might code it on my own and it will take a million years, and i don't have the tenacity to see that through.

If you read the whole damn thing, thanks for the time , and keep up the Good Work LMG.

We are working on the dedicated site but it will be MONTHS as opposed to weeks to finish a project of this magnitude 

5 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

We are working on the dedicated site but it will be MONTHS as opposed to weeks to finish a project of this magnitude 

Just out of curiosity why are you trying to move Floatplane Club off the forums? I personally like the integration and the whole "one stop shopping". I had a Vessel subscription but I rarely used it because I always forgot about it whereas I'm always on the forums so I watch more Floatplane Club videos than I ever did Vessel videos. Is it possible to keep it integrated with the dedicated site somehow so I don't need to worry about multiple logins or visiting another site?

-KuJoe

I'm personally a fan of the tech you actually use and how it fits into working at LMG, including the rational so why x instead of y and lessons learn't 

I would like to see a single corsair long term review.

In my experience the only corsair product that actually lasts is their ram modules.

Everything else looks brilliant on recieval, and dies in the arse in the next 2 months to one year. This is not an isolated case. I've got an ax1500i that doesn't want to deliver power on a regular basis to any new component. A k95 keyboard that looks like leprosy after 2 months. a corsair commander module that fails to respond after a few hours of uptime. 2 corsair coolers  (h110i, and h110gtx) both have had their pumps die after a year (and corsair RMA that demand you spend 70 bucks to send their fuck up back to taiwan). Corsair 900D.. side panels so thin they bend when you sneeze on them, and don't relatch. Filter's so coarse they don't actually stop dust, and a build quality that quite frankly sucks balls.

So you can understand my reluctance to believe any corsair review you ever do. Brilliant on recieval, but you don't trust anything you actually rely on to them.