What should I review next?

warehouse/garage/office tour. hype hype

Favorite Threads: PSU Tier List

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|

SteelSeries Arctic 5 Headset.

Hardcore Hardware Whore | Check out my Blog for for Latest Tech News and more | Cricket Fan | Weapons Nut | 

I know it's not a super "top-of-the-line" item, but the Logitech H800 is something the average joe could afford.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

When will we see a new AMD build guide??? Would love to hear Linus' Advice on the ultimate Red team setup these days, be it A series, or FX.

On 11/8/2016 at 2:27 AM, MarcWolfe said:

Or just don't use dye. Distilled water. If you want color, get tubes and a res that are that color and call it a day.

Or just read my post.

On 11/8/2016 at 2:32 AM, MarcWolfe said:

I'd reccomend asking a different channel to do that. I think they've had their fill of testing those things.

link?

On 11/8/2016 at 2:35 AM, MarcWolfe said:

Hook 1 up as usual and connect the green wire to a ground on the other and wire it up to the GPU... done.

"as usual", eh? I posted questions about this in two other forums, including a rather technical electrical one, and no one said it's a good idea to run two PSUs.

How about a review of this baby ?

Sans titre.png

MSI Trident "desktop" computer (link).

4.72 liter case :x and 3,17kg (7 pounds).

Latest 6th Gen. Intel Core processor (Max TDP : 65W)

Up to 32Go DDR4 (2x SO-DIMM)

MSI GeForce GTX 1060 3GB/6GB GDDR5 (included - it's a desktop GPU, not laptop chip)

1x 2.5“ HDD/SSD and 1x M.2 2280 SATA SSD

Here are the available models :

Processor Memory GPU HDD SSD 2.5" SSD M.2 Price USD
Trident-001BUS None None GTX 1060 3Go None None None $599,99
Trident-008BUS i5-6400 8 Go GTX 1060 3Go 1 To None None $899,99
Trident-009BUS i5-6400 8 Go GTX 1060 3Go 1 To None 128 Go $949,99
Trident-010BUS i7-6700 8 Go GTX 1060 3Go 1 To None 128 Go $1 099,99

What about some surveillance & security cameras like the Nest Cam Indoor and Outdoor?

https://nest.com/camera/meet-nest-cam/

https://nest.com/camera/meet-nest-cam-outdoor/

I'm looking forward for the Pimp My Wifi episode 3 with Google Wifi vs Ubiquiti Unifi AP Pro

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

https://puri.sm/products/

Considering the dissapointing new Macbook Pro, these guys are offering similar spec'd laptops for about $500 less, and they come with Linux out of the box! (though you are free to install Windows if you must). I'd love to see a big channel review one because I want to be more informed about the product then the pretty flowery stuff on the website.

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

the i3 7350K 

Apparently it beat out the i5 6400.

I would love to see a comparison between it and a corresponding AMD CPU at around the same price point when zen is released .

Sorry if this has been suggested already, i had a bit of a look through and couldn't find one.

it would be really cool if you could review some cheap egpu solutions like this one:

http://www.banggood.com/Mini-PCI-E-Version-V8_0-EXP-GDC-Beast-Laptop-External-Independent-Video-Card-Dock-p-1011222.html

I have been thinking about getting one for a while now as i don't have enough money for something like a razer core and a laptop with thunderbolt (and desktop is not a viable option for my situation).

It would be really interesting to see if these types of budget solutions are any use and how much they will bottle neck a modern(ish) gpu. 

Speakers please. 

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

4K projectors not your usual thing but would be good to see if it's justifyiable making the leap from 1080p projectors.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

On 1/28/2015 at 10:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

How about something not necessarily PC related like central home lighting systems, Bluetooth style OBD 2 car scanners, Camera Lighting equipment, Cool Spy Tech (Random but fun), Do a Holy $ht episode on a crazy netgun or emp tech, do a series of reviews on tech that annoys you because its so overrated explain its futility and replacement counterpart, and review tech our wives would use. 

sound damping material, dust filter, rubber feet, cable management clips...all the little things to make it perfect

On 1/28/2015 at 10:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

What about the ASRock H170A-X1 LGA 1151?

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

@Slick MOAR PC CASES!

Also, not review specifically. But how about a video about DIY sound dampeners for case? Would love to see them!

@Slick How about a Tech Quicky and maybe a more in depth look in the LTT feed on the ways PC ports are busted and how to identify the root cause of performance issues? (ie: Dishonoured 2 and Watch Dogs 2)

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

This gaming laptop which could be the best 17inch gaming laptop

ASUS ROG GL702VM

This might be just a personal wish of mine but concert level sound and audio gear. maybe see if you can do a tour of some bands equipment/hardware/stuff. I used to do a bit of mixing just using a basic analog mixing desk but now I see they have enough computers and random crap that does random stuff that I would find it interesting to know what technology they use now a days

@Slick @LinusTech Just had another idea. Do a roundup of various GPU sag products and DIY remedies. My heavy GTX 1080 would look better if it wasn't sagging.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

@LinusTech could u pls review barbies dreamcar... i heard its a hightech vr prototype with 4 4k monitors and a 2011.v3 socket :D 

I'd love to see a review of the Squinchi. Looks like an interesting product, and if it works as described it could really help improve a lot of lives.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Hello LTT team,

I would like to request a revieuw on the cheaper range of 4K monitors.

i know there are a lot of awesome high end 4K monitors out there but there are also alot of cheap once for like 400 euro's.

i whas wondering if they are any good.

so it might be a fun video to put like 3 monitors head to head. a sub 500 VS sub 1200 VS 1200+ and see how they measure up to eachother

:)

much love,

me.