Nintendo's AC Adapter Policy Isn't Fair

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

O.o. I've never had a DS device before and I'm planning on buying the new one (just for pokemon :D) when it comes out here (next month I think) so I'd need to buy one. If it was a generic charging method (micro usb?) then it would be OK.. If they really did think it was important to not raise the costs for everyone they would have done it.. So I don't think it's acceptable.

The damn thing is like 10 bucks, just include it already...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

That is literally the only thing I can fault Nintendo with. But it is pretty stupid, I bought my 3DS/XL thinking it would come with a charger I was wrong so I had to wait an extra week to play Pokemon X during last christmas. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

If they would switch to microUSB there wouldn't a problem. Nintendo is making some dumb decisions. 

Are the cost savings worth all this negative press? I wouldn't think so. Just make two SKUs, one without an adapter, one with.

While it is stupid... It's been that way since the 3DS XL hasn't it? So it's not new.

Personally this is really stupid......it doesn't make much sense to me. Why would they do this ? They are generally assuming that people owned a 3DS or 2DS, shit am glad I got my 2DS just last year if I waited for this stupid thing I would screwed because I wouldn't be able to charge the godforsaken thing.... It doesn't even dip the price down a whole lot....so just include the damn thing and let people play....its like buying a laptop that is on " sale  " but you need to purchase a 50$ charger for the darn thing it doesn't make any sense.

Lets just do this for everything now, buy a car that is having a special " deal " but it doesn't include wheels...

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

I don't get why people are so angry about this. If they have been using the same power plug for the past 2-3 generations, there are quite a few already out there.

I think its more useful for not wasting materials in the first place. If people who already had a power plug got a second one that they don't need, then its just wasted, both economically and environmentally.

If people need a charger, then its readily available to purchase.

They could have got around this "problem" really easily and cheaply by making a USB charging cable and throwing that in the box. Then people would definitely have a compatible charger.

As it is, forcing new customers to have to fork out for a proprietary plug is not cool.

You can also buy chargers for like $6 at the store

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

At Least use,micro USB..... so we got nothing to complain about 

Hiii Nick the Admin  He is gone 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

At least give us a USB cable if you're too cheap to make the AC adapters so we can charge it using a computer or USB power brick we're more likely to have.

"Rawr XD"

Looking around online shops in Sweden none have a first party charger even listed. Closest thing i can find is an overpriced third party one from a noname chinese OEM.

They won't switch to USB because the 3DS charger voltage and amperage are different than regular USB, otherwise you'd see some adaptors.
If the product price is lowered and it's pretty explicit on the box that the charger is not included and don't see this as a problem.

Just my two cents... This isn't something new. The only country I know about that had the cable included with the 3DS XL was the US. Mostly because there were big complaints, people freaked out et cetera because they were, well, quite frankly, too dumb to read the box. The box CLEARLY stated that the cable was NOT included. People got home with a gift, but couldn't charge it, only because people selling the console didn't point this out, or they didn't read the box. Other countries didn't really have that much issue with it.

Anyway, it's not fun to get home and see the cable isn't in the box, I completely understand. But I somewhat like their policy. I already had a DSi charger here at home (my sister has one), and there were two extra chargers included with the accessory pack my parents bought, one wall plug, the other was a car charger. I was glad to not have an extra cable lying around, and just being able to use hers. Eventually I bought two cables from China to charge my 3DS XL using USB, 2 because it was a pack of two cables for about €1,50. The second cable is in a box filled with micro-USB cables and useless USB wall plugs, taking up space and dust.

Maybe the last line already shows why I like the policy. Everything you buy gets a micro-usb cable jammed in the box, a lot of the times you even get a usb wall-plug,... Okay, this is an exception because it's proprietary, but it's better to have a choice, than having an extra cable that's just useless if you already have one. Just suck it up, read the box and buy a cable if you don't have one, don't buy a cable if you do have one. Problem solved.

I see how it would be annoying but seeing as it is a proprietary connecter the second and third cable you collect will either be kept in a desk or thrown out as it's not needed. Its kinda like how almost all cpu coolers come with fans but a good portion of us are going to replave them and throw out the stock fans. This way Nintendo is reducing waste. It's $8 that is not a lot of money at all, expecialy since this is proprietary connecter with an ac adapter built in.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Sure I have like 4 of these around the house form buying all the different game systems over the years but another one wouldn't hurt. 

<p>CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.0 GHz | GPU: Asus GTX 970 STRIX | RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB (Boot Drive) | HDD: 500GB | Case: Corsair SPEC-02 Red |PSU: Corsair 750W | OS: Windows 7 64-Bit | Mouse: Corsair M65 (Black) | Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB (Black w/ Brown Switches)

Found a solution Nintendo that you should listen to.

Provide two packs, one for those like me who don't have a DS and provide a adaptor in the pack. Then one for those who don't need one.

Now. this is silly nintendo. >.< srsly save costs? Nah. It costs you less than a dollar to make Nintendo. Less than a dollar, im willing to bet.

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

amazon did this with a kindle i bought, drove me nuts but luckily those are micro USB. still though, a cord cant cost them more than $2.00 to include.. 

I think this is a pretty good thing. Especially when it's clearly mentioned in the package that the charger needs to be bought separately. I can't see why some are getting so upset about this when the charger can be bought separately from the same store if it's anything else than some corner shop that sell everything from grandma's to new toilets. I sure wouldn't need a new adapter in the closet to take space and so on. Also those who say that why not just make another version where it is included, well my questions is that why should they redesign the package so that the darn thing could fit in there when the original package already tells you that if you need one then just buy one when you are getting the console. Seems like today people are getting upset about totally unnecessary things mainly because they would need to think a bit and all is not served in a silver plate to them. Makes me wonder how long will we survive if this keeps going...

I think this is okay, I mean if Nintendo actually have reduced the price this is smart. buying an extra plug shouldn't be that hard, i mean its literally clicking a button. Anyway it does give a great ease of having a broken charger and getting a new one, directly from nintendo so you know it will work (hopefully).

Bareeeee siiickk gamer. YEERRR BOOIIII!

I am a fool for trying to reason with someone who refuses to see reason

*updates ignore list*

Bahaha "This guy doesn't agree with me, lets ignore him"

Seriously, that's just ridiculous.

It's a few bucks at a store for one, there is no reason to include one.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Switch to microUSB, then don't include the charger. Most people own multiple microUSB chargers (me included).

Side note: (non-Apple) Phones should stop coming with chargers for the same reason.

The New Nintendo 3DS XL does not come with an AC adapter. If you don't have one, you must buy one. Nintendo says there's a good reason for that. Whatever that reason is, it's not fair.

The Kyoto-based game maker explained its rationale to IGN:

qexwcy42hdr2uap3yici.jpg

For years now, Nintendo has been doing this in Japan—and in the past, Japanese players would complain about how Nintendo included plugs with Western portables, but stiffed the domestic market. That being said, the fact that many Nintendo handhelds don't come with something as basic as an AC adapter still surprises people in Japan. Even if the packaging does point out that the handheld needs a power plug, it seems like someone people just assume that, you know, it would.

"This 3DS doesn't come with a power plug?" wrote one Twitter user last December. "Santa brought a 3DS and Yokai Watch 2: Shinuchi to my son," wrote another on Christmas Day. "But, it doesn't come with an AC adapter?!" Getting a present and then realizing you need to buy a plug so it'll keep working—what a drag!

Back when the Nintendo 3DS XL was released in 2012 in Japan, it did not come with an AC adapter (ditto for Europe, it seems). Nintendo explained that the reason was, "We won't make you pay for something you don't need."

But... it's the plug that powers the hardware. You need it. More unsettling was the fact that the 3DS XL was sold in North America with an AC adapter. That's the sticking point that makes Nintendo's current claims ring false: In the past, it's included an AC adapter, so why stop?

hgd3goayv1aagxnhtttb.jpg

Nintendo is making an assumption that people who purchase the New Nintendo 3DS already have an AC adapter. In Japan, the plug came with the DSi and the smaller 3DS, but it did not come with the 3DS XL as well as both New Nintendo 3DS sizes.

The odd thing is that Nintendo is actually punishing people who are not early adopters. So, if you bought an original-size Nintendo 3DS, then you got a plug. But if you waited for the XL, too bad

Or maybe you really waited and didn't own a DSi or a regular-sized 3DS, but had a DS Lite? Well, you can't use a DS Lite plug with the 3DS handhelds. You must buy a plug. Nintendo sells them for 925 yen (around US$8)—which makes me wonder how much the AC adapter is really worth or how much it costs Nintendo to manufacture them. Other companies seem perfectly capable of including cables to power their machines, why isn't Nintendo?

It's really principle of the matter that's so disconcerting. This is like ordering a meal in a restaurant and then being told there's a surcharge if you need eating utensils. Nintendo shouldn't be making the decision of what I don't need and be considerate enough to think, hey, maybe this customer will need a plug to power this new hardware

Source : http://kotaku.com/nintendos-ac-adapter-policy-isnt-fair-1679656730?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

UK already had this