Nintendo's AC Adapter Policy Isn't Fair

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

That would mean that you know your market is shrinking and dying: mostly old customers nobody new? Working from that assumption is pathetic for a profit seeking enterprise.

then they can just buy the charger?

Mine was bundled anyway. I mean I was pretty annoyed when I came home with a printer to find out it used a USB-B Connector and didn't say anywhere that it wasn't included (Cheapest I could find in stores was $20).
BUT the 3DS box says charger not included, they're sitting right next to them.

3700x, Asus B450i, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, Gigabyte GTX 970 ITXDan A4-SFX, SX600-G, 120mm AIO.

It's a good thing. Lying around my house I have maybe a dozen of every type of connector adapters. There is a huge overproduction of power adapters, and I suspect it's a bigger strain on the environment than literally anything else in consumer electronics.

Everyone should start doing this. I don't care if it lowers costs, as long as it means less oil and copper used worldwide.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

This has been the case for years now and its about time is happened in America too. Electronic wastage is a huge issue and many companies are being urged to take measures to reduce their wastage. They do this by making stuff such as power supplies and accessories a separate purchase. For example most phones will include a USB cable, you still have to buy a USB>Wall plug connector if you want or can only charge that way.

So it may suck that new customers have to buy an adaptor but once they have bought it they can use it on every past and future product that supports it. You will save money since you won't have to buy a new adaptor for future hardware and even better won't need to include the adaptor if you trade-in or sell the product later, so you have the adaptor for life basically. 

In summery:

- Reduced cost to returning customers (Don't have to pay extra for something they already own)

- Save new customers money in the long run (They own the adaptor for life and can use it on every supported product)

- Reduced wastage/manufacturing costs (Less packaging for example)

- Its all for the greater good of the environment

hotfuzzgreatergood.jpg

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

Also if wall plugs are not you thing there are USB varients (just no official version). Will work just fine.

http://www.amazon.com/Charger-Cable-Nintendo-3DS-DSi-XL/dp/B0099HP4OC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1421426057&sr=8-2&keywords=3ds+usb

31%2BIvUEgEGL._SX385_.jpg

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

"more like selling a separate key for the fuel cap"

^ your referring to a car correct?

Yes, I am. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

intel does this with their nucs...

BAM!  I was waiting for someone to call this one out. It'd be one thing if you could get the specific power adapter from a retailer carrying Intel's products, but out in Western Canada here good luck finding any store that knows watt adapter you need, let alone if they carry it.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)