So, the Xbox One is to recieve an Emmy award.

oneguide_tv%20listings_us.jpg?h=529&w=94
Thursday marked the 66th Annual Technology & Engineering Emmy Awards, which was presented by the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences at the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada as part of the Consumer Electronics Show.

This year’s ceremony featured some especially great news for Xbox One: Microsoft will receive an Emmy Award for Television Enhancement Devices, thanks to the Xbox One’s industry-leading television-on-demand and media center capabilities. Microsoft is in good company with the likes of fellow award recipients Apple, Roku, Sony, and TiVo – and we’re proud to be awarded this honor by the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.

Check out Xbox Video and the rest of the Xbox One’s library of cutting-edge media apps, including the recently announced Sling TV, today to see what all the hubbub is about!

Yes kids, the Xbox One is going to recieve an Emmy award for "Television Enhancement Devices". I think it's somewhat deserving, from using one myself I find the television features quite useful. I had no idea that this category of awards even existed. What do you guys and girls think of this?

Source: http://news.xbox.com/2015/01/xbox-one-emmy-award?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Although I am not sure it is that amazing of a functionality it does show that indeed the Xbox One is more a media center console than just a gaming box, whether you like that or not. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

It's a console recieving an award for not being a console, gg Microsoft.

Not really no...

Although I am not sure it is that amazing of a functionality it does show that indeed the Xbox One is more a media center console than just a gaming box, whether you like that or not. 

Yeah, that's how they market it. IIRC, they even have DLNA support.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

It's a console recieving an award for not being a console, gg Microsoft.

^this is so true

Worst, most confusing OS(s) with a crazy amount of issues.

The award could not be more ill-suited.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

"Television Enhancement Devices" 

....do...do they know computers exist?

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

In before this thread goes completely to shit due to a few members who got lost on the way from /r/pcmr

Also, I love this aspect on my One. It really is the media box in the house now, handling almost everything and what it can't gets sent to it by my HTPC 2 floors above it. I love how interconnected it all is and how MS really pushed to unify the gaming to media experience and really make it a "entertainment" box overall. 

Some people don't like that, I respect that, but I love what it does for me and I'm glad MS keeps improving it on a near monthly basis in terms of adding more features and support and fixing stuff up. Regardless of what their policies were before, they seem determined to refine it as much as possible. 

Worst, most confusing OS(s) with a crazy amount of issues.

The award could not be more ill-suited.

I think it being worst is subjective. I don't mind the layout or navigation, in fact I prefer it to the PlayStation 4. The issues, I can't really vouch for either. Other than a few tiny hiccups, I've been doing fine with it. To each his own, I guess.

^this is so true

So you don't watch films/stream things on your gaming computer? It's receiving an award for Television Enhancement Device, not for not being a console... 

I think it is about as interesting and legit as Xbox being the "official console of the NFL". Marketing nonsense.

We have smart TV's now, we have HTPC's. If we didn't, yup it would be "amazing". 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

To be fair, it's a ton better than those cable boxes you get directly from Comcast/Time Warner/others.

So you don't watch films/stream things on your gaming computer? It's receiving an award for Television Enhancement Device, not for not being a console... 

I don't really game so I can't relate. But it's still a console that don't receive price for being awsome or anything but for a small percentage of it's function which is not originally that. That's what I find stupid. I love when thing do only a thing but really well and sadly this is not the case of the xbone.

To be fair, it's a ton better than those cable boxes you get directly from Comcast/Time Warner/others.

If by better you mean slower to navigate, and voice commands being infinitely slower than a control and my Wideopenwest box. I agree. Now if you are like 80 years old and have bad eyesight and can't read a controller or something? Yeah. Xbox One would be the best option for the elderly and the handicapped.

No I am not making fun of the elderly and the handicapped. Kinect is brilliant for that. I think it has a bright future in that regard.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

I don't really game so I can't relate. But it's still a console that don't receive price for being awsome or anything but for a small percentage of it's function which is not originally that. That's what I find stupid. I love when thing do only a thing but really well and sadly this is not the case of the xbone.

I don't agree as personally, as a console i think the xbox One actually fulfils it's function as a gaming console quite well. But lets just agree to disagree, as there's no changing people's opinions on forums ;)

I don't agree as personally, as a console i think the xbox One actually fulfils it's function as a gaming console quite well. But lets just agree to disagree, as there's no changing people's opinions on forums ;)

^totally agree + it kill the thread (+ I don't have actually tried the xbone so I can't really judge)

So Emmy Award is given if you pay enough money or something?

Because that's the only way M$ gets any award for anything.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Wow this thread has been going a lot better then I expected, aside from one or two replies, for once I'm impressed LTT'ers

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

*Sigh* it's not even that amazing of a media device

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Wow this thread has been going a lot better then I expected, aside from one or two replies, for once I'm impressed LTT'ers

yup it's weird xD all peaceful for one time 

See Microsoft, everyone still thinks Xbone is an advanced VCR.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

well it is a VCR afterall...

however a roku costs way way less,smaller,uses less power,space. bad call on this one

I can totally understand how on this backwards planet the Xbox One could win an emmy. :mellow:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Wait until the kiddie pcmasterracers get out of school.