So, the Xbox One is to recieve an Emmy award.

It's a console recieving an award for not being a console, gg Microsoft.

To be fair though, it's not really a console, or at least it's not marketed as one. It's an entertainment device that has the ability to play video games. It's quite sad, because I really used to like consoles, but Sony and Microsoft's attention has shifted to bringing people this all in one device instead of focousing soley on it's capabilities and potetntial with video games.

The xbone is not a console. It's a multimedia device that plays games and its decent at best. All I really want from Microsoft is a true console. You could call it a hardcore console for gamers. I want better cpu and gpu. I want more hdd space than the 500GB option. I don't want features like the apps on it. I want a console where I just put in the game and play it. They could have another console aka the current one for everyone else. The new xbone extreme edition would cut the cost of all that other crap and be a true console. That's all I want from Microsoft. I'm tired of lets make the xbone a tv and etc. I don't need those features. Thats why I play pc over the xbone and ps4.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

The xbone is not a console. It's a multimedia device that plays games and its decent at best. All I really want from Microsoft is a true console. You could call it a hardcore console for gamers. I want better cpu and gpu. I want more hdd space than the 500GB option. I don't want features like the apps on it. I want a console where I just put in the game and play it. They could have another console aka the current one for everyone else. The new xbone extreme edition would cut the cost of all that other crap and be a true console. That's all I want from Microsoft. I'm tired of lets make the xbone a tv and etc. I don't need those features. Thats why I play pc over the xbone and ps4.

Hardcore "console" for gamers:

front_open.jpg

Add SteamOS.

Done.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

That just degraded my thoughts on emmy's...a lot

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I would be impressed if it had hardware at least equivalent to the ps4...

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Emmy Awards ..... I don't watch that ****.  I can't believe people watch garbage like that.  Heck I don't even watch sports award shows and I love sports.  Xbox One to get an Emmy Award?  LOL

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Hardcore "console" for gamers:

front_open.jpg

Add SteamOS.

Done.

All I'd need is litterally a smaller PC case and a mobo that supports PCI, and I'd have a rig that does the same things as any Xbox, but better.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

*Sigh* it's not even that amazing of a media device

I don't own one, but I've messed with my brothers a few times and I actually really like it. For comparison, I typically use XBMC Gotham or Plex on chromeboxes or i3-t series builds... and if I could buy a less powerful $150 Xbox One just for playing back video/TV, I'd pry do it.

Out of curiosity, what do you use that you find so much better? I'm honestly curious as Plex and XBMC are two of the major ones, and they definitely haven't blown me away... I'd love to try something new out.

Too bad the thing is too slow to do anything properly lol hopefully win 10 update helps. *fingers crossed*

I don't own one, but I've messed with my brothers a few times and I actually really like it. For comparison, I typically use XBMC Gotham or Plex on chromeboxes or i3-t series builds... and if I could buy a less powerful $150 Xbox One just for playing back video/TV, I'd pry do it.

Out of curiosity, what do you use that you find so much better? I'm honestly curious as Plex and XBMC are two of the major ones, and they definitely haven't blown me away... I'd love to try something new out.

Chromecast. Seriously. I love the little thing.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

When can we stop calling the Xbox One a console?

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

The Xbox's main selling point is TV for those who didn't watch the E3 unveiling.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

To be fair, it's a ton better than those cable boxes you get directly from Comcast/Time Warner/others.

thats not being fair at all. TWC/Comcast etc. do not make those boxes. Samsung, Cisco, and Motorola, do. Push the hate on them, not the cable providers. who ever liked this comment is a moron who cant think.

thats not being fair at all. TWC/Comcast etc. do not make those boxes. Samsung, Cisco, and Motorola, do. Push the hate on them, not the cable providers. who ever liked this comment is a moron who cant think.

Comcast and other providers skin them. They don't just get the box from [manufacturer], add their logo, and send it out.

Comcast and other providers skin them. They don't just get the box from [manufacturer], add their logo, and send it out.

yes they do.

yes they do.

No. They modify the 'os' pretty heavily.

No. They modify the 'os' pretty heavily.

do you make them in some factory? how do you know what stock os is on them?

Chromecast. Seriously. I love the little thing.

Chromecast is a neat little toy compared to a dedicated XBMC box IMO.

For the money, its freaking awesome. But you can't really compare it to a PC running XBMC/Plex, it is entirely out of its league in that case. I use mine every now and then, but it couldn't replace my XBMC box, and honestly doesn't do much more than my Samsung TV has built in.

The improvements are nice, but IMHO don't deserve an Emmy.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates