Corsair K70 & K95 RGB With Cherry MX Blues discontinued

Rock48

I use blues for gaming and I love them.

i use boxer shorts as a hat in winter doesnt mean everyone else does

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Jesus people this is likely a temporary thing until yields are back up. Oh noes, you don't get your clicky browns..

Jeez.

HEY! I NEED THE NEIGHBORS TO KNOW WHEN I AM WORKING ON MY SCREENPLAY!!!!!!!

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Not enough demand?

I sat on my ass waiting for Amazon to stock them directly, in a price that wasn't inflated by 40%.

Screw them then. Anyone else have a RGB or even single LED recommendation that comes in blues?

In terms of RGB, you simply have to wait. As for single-led though, there are plenty to choose from, including Ducky Shine 3/4, Gamdias Hermes, and the QuickFire Storm series.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

HEY! I NEED THE NEIGHBORS TO KNOW WHEN I AM WORKING ON MY SCREENPLAY!!!!!!!

Blues annoy the hell out of me, good riddance. :P

Blues annoy the hell out of me, good riddance. :P

I can understand that.

I use blues at home and browns in the office so they dont annoy everyone else.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I can understand that.

I use blues at home and browns in the office so they dont annoy everyone else.

I like some noise, but gosh blues are obnoxious.

I like some noise, but gosh blues are obnoxious.

I rather like the sound of my blues

sad-cat.jpg

Your opinion makes this kitty sad.

Where is my K70 RGB with Blue switches?

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Not enough demand?

I sat on my ass waiting for Amazon to stock them directly, in a price that wasn't inflated by 40%. 

Screw them then. Anyone else have a RGB or even single LED recommendation that comes in blues? 

Max keyboard Nighthawk X7. I do enjoy those keyboards myself although the software isn't that great.

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900X – Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi  – RAM: 4 x 16 GB G. Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz- GPU: ASUS  Strix Geforce GTX 1080ti– Case: Phankteks Enthoo Pro M – Storage: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Intel 800p, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB & WD Blue 1 TB PSU: EVGA 1000P2– Display(s): ASUS PB238Q, AOC 4k, Korean 1440p 144hz Monitor - Cooling: NH-U12S, 2 gentle typhoons and 3 noiseblocker eloops – Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB Mouse: G502 Rgb & G Pro Wireless– Sound: Logitech z623 & AKG K240

That's quite sad, I know that I will probably not be buying a Corsair RGB keyboard anymore (as MX Blues are my prefered type of keys).

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

:L fuck corsair

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

I had some trouble getting a normal k70 with blues, Overclockers told me that it was no longer in production. Either Corsair is BSing us with the "We are NOT discontinuing Cherry MX Blue (Single LED) which is still found on our Corsair Gaming non-RGB K70." or Overclockers is telling me BS

overclockers have been having dodgy stock levels since october as far as I know 

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

Well, on the bright side, I'm feeling better about the Razer BlackWidow Chroma I bought on sale a few weeks ago. :P

Not enough demand?

There should still be quite a few single LED options for blues. There's a blue-backlit Cooler Master Storm QuickFire TK that is usually the least expensive option, although you need to play with the Num Lock key to toggle between the right-hand keypad and Insert/Delete/etc. I owned the Cherry MX Red version of that keyboard, and I found it slightly annoying. And the single-LED K70's are still available with a red-backlight.

As for RGB, you're out of luck, unless you're willing to go Kailh with the Razer BlackWidow Chroma. I've heard the Tesoro Excalibur(the RGB mechanical keyboard everybody forgets about) is supposed to have a Kailh equivalent of the Cherry Blues, but haven't done much looking as to where they can be bought (or if they're available yet)

This is probably a big bummer for a lot of people!

I recently bought my first mechanical keyboard (browns) and they're still quite loud (not even bottoming out). Would definitely like to try out blues and reds someday. 

Do people not understand "yield" as opposed to keeping the mindset that it's demand?

From what I gather, they're doing this because they're only breaking even on each keyboard or not making enough on each one for it to be a viable project. I think it sucks, but I also think MX Blues are overrated and MX Reds are where it's at.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Do people not understand "yield" as opposed to keeping the mindset that it's demand?

From what I gather, they're doing this because they're only breaking even on each keyboard or not making enough on each one for it to be a viable project. I think it sucks, but I also think MX Blues are overrated and MX Reds are where it's at.

Actually, Cherry is having a hard time producing RGB MX Blue switches. Understandably so since it is the one switch among the 4 popular ones that has the most physical interaction for the nub and click.

I am very disappointed by this news, I was planning on splurging on a Corsair K95 RGB with MX Blue switches, but it seems that Corsair has made up my mind for me. I can understand Corsair's stance here, clearly Cherry has dropped the ball here and are not producing the MX Blue RGB switches in enough quantity nor the quality that is required for mainstream production. I find it interesting it took this long for this announcement to come out, back in October of last year users on the Corsair Forum were complaining about "mushy" and inconsistent RGB MX Blue switches on their K70 and K95 Keyboards. So it seems that Corsair have had some idea there was something wrong with their products for some time and have not decided to inform their customers and followers accordingly.

Another issue I take with this "announcement" is the amount of suppression and general obfuscation this announcement has had. I shouldn't have to find out this news on a user made post on a community hardware and technology forum, when I follow all the mainstream media channels for Corsair. I have not seen a single mention of the RGB MX Blue keyboard discontinuation on either of the Corsair or Corsair Gaming Facebook or Twitter profiles.

It seems that of the back of the "Corsair Gaming Logo Fiasco" that Corsair has decided that any and all potentially negative announcements like this and the recent 'RGB Keyboard Colour range' issue need to be kept as quiet as possible to not risk damaging their public image even further. I seriously have to call Corsair's integrity into question here, this isn't the behaviour of a reputable brand or company in my opinion, by keeping this news hidden from public view it only helps exacerbate the disdain towards Corsair and its operations. They seriously need to step up their game when it comes to handling public relations issues, because as it stands this is not acceptable enough let alone good enough for the Corsair brand.

I do also find it interesting that Corsair says that "Cherry MX Blue as a key overall isn't a very popular switch in comparison to Red and Brown. This may be contrary to what many believe but based on the volume of what we've been asked to produce, Cherry MX Blue is vastly outsold by Red and Brown MX (both RGB and single LED). This isn't just from a single region either and ultimately played a role in our decision to discontinue the MX Blue RGB."

Perhaps their own internal metrics show that to be the case but that doesn't affect a user's preference nor the interest of would be customers. That entire paragraph only serves as a way to marginalize and alienate a dedicated group of their customer base by telling them that "because most people don't buy our Cherry MX Blue keyboards, you shouldn't want to either, otherwise you're weird for desiring to do so". It's simply a thinly veiled justification to try and explain the shortfalls of Corsair and Cherry's product quality. On top of that it only helps to further exacerbate arguments and general disenchantment with the brand, nothing more, and that is exactly what you have in this forum thread and many others including on the Corsair Forums.

Hopefully the quality control issue with the RGB MX Blue switches does get resolved in the near future, but until that time I'm afraid to say that Corsair has lost me as a customer and they will certainly not be on the top of my peripheral maker recommendations list. Looks like I'm keeping my 2011 Razer BlackWidow with MX Blue switches for a while longer.

i7 930 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte X58A-UD7 | Seagate ST2000DX001 SSHD 2TB | WD5000AAKX 500GB | Samsung SH-B083A Bluray Drive | Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB GV-N670OC-2GD | Corsair 12GB 1600Mhz CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9 | Corsair H50 in Push Pull | SeaSonic X750 | CM 690 II Advanced | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | HP 2159M 1080p | Asus ProArt PA238Q 23" 1080p IPS Monitor | Asus VS239H IPS 1080p (Portrait) | Razer BlackWidow Expert MX Blue (2011) | Razer Lachesis 5600

I am very disappointed by this news, I was planning on splurging on a Corsair K95 RGB with MX Blue switches, but it seems that Corsair has made up my mind for me. I can understand Corsair's stance here, clearly Cherry has dropped the ball here and are not producing the MX Blue RGB switches in enough quantity nor the quality that is required for mainstream production. I find it interesting it took this long for this announcement to come out, back in October of last year users on the Corsair Forum were complaining about "mushy" and inconsistent RGB MX Blue switches on their K70 and K95 Keyboards. So it seems that Corsair have had some idea there was something wrong with their products for some time and have not decided to inform their customers and followers accordingly.

Another issue I take with this "announcement" is the amount of suppression and general obfuscation this announcement has had. I shouldn't have to find out this news on a user made post on a community hardware and technology forum, when I follow all the mainstream media channels for Corsair. I have not seen a single mention of the RGB MX Blue keyboard discontinuation on either of the Corsair or Corsair Gaming Facebook or Twitter profiles.

It seems that of the back of the "Corsair Gaming Logo Fiasco" that Corsair has decided that any and all potentially negative announcements like this and the recent 'RGB Keyboard Colour range' issue need to be kept as quiet as possible to not risk damaging their public image even further. I seriously have to call Corsair's integrity into question here, this isn't the behaviour of a reputable brand or company in my opinion, by keeping this news hidden from public view it only helps exacerbate the disdain towards Corsair and its operations. They seriously need to step up their game when it comes to handling public relations issues, because as it stands this is not acceptable enough let alone good enough for the Corsair brand.

I do also find it interesting that Corsair says that "Cherry MX Blue as a key overall isn't a very popular switch in comparison to Red and Brown. This may be contrary to what many believe but based on the volume of what we've been asked to produce, Cherry MX Blue is vastly outsold by Red and Brown MX (both RGB and single LED). This isn't just from a single region either and ultimately played a role in our decision to discontinue the MX Blue RGB."

Perhaps their own internal metrics show that to be the case but that doesn't affect a user's preference nor the interest of would be customers. That entire paragraph only serves as a way to marginalize and alienate a dedicated group of their customer base by telling them that "because most people don't buy our Cherry MX Blue keyboards, you shouldn't want to either, otherwise you're weird for desiring to do so". It's simply a thinly veiled justification to try and explain the shortfalls of Corsair and Cherry's product quality. On top of that it only helps to further exacerbate arguments and general disenchantment with the brand, nothing more, and that is exactly what you have in this forum thread and many others including on the Corsair Forums.

Hopefully the quality control issue with the RGB MX Blue switches does get resolved in the near future, but until that time I'm afraid to say that Corsair has lost me as a customer and they will certainly not be on the top of my peripheral maker recommendations list. Looks like I'm keeping my 2011 Razer BlackWidow with MX Blue switches for a while longer.

this is upsetting news for me as well I had been looking for months for one, as blues are the only switches I will buy. called today they said it was due to popularity, total lie. I found it on an Australian website, not sure if they will actually ship me one or if they just have it say that they have them available.  http://www.techbuy.com.au/p/373924/PC_GAMING_PRODUCTS_GAMING_KEYBOARDS/Corsair/CH-9000061-NA.asp I hope they bring them back. I have been needing a new keyboard for over a year now and have been waiting since the announcement last year. Long time corsair customer and am very disappointed. While it is cherry fault because of the switches, I think that this whole thing was rushed to an announcement by corsair, to get the RGB hype train moving, you can see what it has done to the pc gaming peripheral market, and for them to be able to say that they were the first ones to do it. I mean they delayed it multiple times, the software was buggy at first and still is with little improvement, the logo at last second was a dirty trick.

Every once and a while a product is announced with no hype to it, it comes out and waits for people to take a look at it. The people realize how great of a product it is, how perfect it is... The product came from the ground up to get to this place, from the bottom and is now the go to for the best. The Corsair K70/K95 RGB is an example of exact opposite, it had everything going for it. Looked beautiful, great build quality and reputation, first in the game for RGB, so much hype surrounding it, and corsair absolutely destroyed it.

"good job /s" 0/10 ~ XYrZbest (Corsair K70/K95 RGB)

My Sightings on LTT : June 6th 2014 WAN Show After Party: Mario Kart 8 July 31st 2015 WAN Show: Tesla Topic   August 14th 2015 WAN Show: ESL Topic 
My Rig: i7 4770K | Z87 Sabertooth | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GTX 780Ti SC ACX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD 4TB Black | Noctua NH-U14S | Corsair 750D | Corsair RM850  \
Peripherals: Triple VG248QE (1080p 144hz) | Corsair RGB K95 MX Blues | Razer Deathadder Chroma | ATH-M50X | JBL LSR305 | Mod Mic 4.0
Devices:Mac Book Pro Retina|iPad Mini (32GB) | HTC One M9 (160GB) Moto 360 (Black Leather) Nvidia Shield (80GB) Go Pro Hero 3+ Black

Eh, the new switches by Razer last longer anyway and are just as good. Now we need variety.

Pipe down. You'll make the sensitive ones upset.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

not enough demand?? you bet there will be a high amount of demand when me and others read this article or post.

shit, i can imagine them making more and charging more.... 

PR STUNT INBOUND

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

not enough demand?? you bet there will be a high amount of demand when me and others read this article or post.

PR STUNT INBOUND

Problem is, if Cherry was having issues with yields (as alluded to earlier), and Corsair was barely breaking even or not even making money off of the Blues, why should Corsair keep making the keyboard?

I wanted the blues....now I won't be buying any corsair RGB keyboards at all, if I can I will find something else that's RGB with cherry MX blues and spend my money there.

PR STUNT INBOUND

Goddamnit...as if they weren't expensive enough to begin with.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs