[DEBUNKED] GTA V PC Requirements Revealed

Hopefully this proves PC version isnt a port and the main platform like it was rumored and had a ton of evidence backing it up.

Xbox 1.3Gflop/s

Gtx 480 1.3Gflop/s

Next gen consoles are one big flop combined.

well i heard that is was being made by the same people that made Max Payne 3 and its not just a port like gta 4 was. and Max Payne runs really well on my PC so i would imagine that GTA would run good to so there specs might be accurate :)

Needs Update

Sweet. Not bad considering the 360 and PS3 were basically tri-core PowerPC (or in the case of the PS3) Cell processors clocked at 3.2GHz, which can probably be fairly evenly compared to a tri-core Athlon II at 3.0-3.2GHz, and the GPU was something like a Geforce 7800.

EDIT: Holy fuck. Even my proposed weekend rig can run it.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/tmcclelland455/saved/RY3323

look at my OC rig, factor in the $15 spent only on the CPU (got given it after the original HDD died), add my 650 ti (came with my new rig) and there you have it, a computer that is about 7 years old and still playing new games (plays skyrim 1080p hq with texture/game experience mods).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

OK, PUT THE PITCHFORKS DOWN, I REALIZE THIS WAS A BIT OF A MISTAKE!

THESE AREN'T YET CONFIRMED, BUT ARE SPECULATION.

I think developers should start listing which resolutions and frame rate these specs are aimed at. For all we know the Rec spec is to run the game at 30FPS and 720p  :blink:

Typically these are based on the specs of the developers' rigs used to actually make the game; I remember with Watch_Dogs, the devs cited their own GTX 670s as baselines for their specs.

OK, PUT THE PITCHFORKS DOWN, I REALIZE THIS WAS A BIT OF A MISTAKE!

THESE AREN'T YET CONFIRMED, BUT ARE SPECULATION.

No one's blaming you , i've been there 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Nah. I'd be more worried if the minimum requirement was a GTX 780 and an Ivy Bridge i7. That would mean that it took beast hardware just to run, not necessarily to look good. This... actually looks sensible. If this is legit Rockstar may have broken the habit of a lifetime and release a non-shit port.

They will break the internet if it's true xD

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

i don't think this official since rockstar don't yet posted on their social club or other media

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

knowing that this all may be nothing...

What I don't get is why people are thinking it going to be optimized or not by the requiremnts. I get how the recommended specs might give some indication, but providing options for turning down the graphic fidelity you can make it play on simple enough systems.

Xbox 1.3Gflop/s

Gtx 480 1.3Gflop/s

This would be alarming, given the XBONE can't run it at 1080p... BUT...NVIDIA cards have higher fillrate/actual render speed compared to their floating point performance than AMD Jaguar cores or any other GPUs for that matter... Iris 5100 has a floating point performance of around 900GFLOPs, while a GT 750m only delivers around 700GFLOPS, but is still faster in games than Iris, due to the dedicated 2GB of VRAM...

XBONE uses shared DDR3...so it is more comparable to the Iris GPU. Also, AMD's GPUs have been better at floating point workloads for years now, compared to NVIDIA. This means the 480 is actually faster than the XBONE or PS4...

See Linus vid for more info:

"I couldn't underclock my 5 year old (GTX 480) to be as slow as the 'nex-gen' consoles...#PCMASTERRACEPROBLEMS" - Slick Lafreniere

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

May be.Even GTA San Andreas worked perfectly on 64 mb nvidia vgas on low quality.But impossible to play even in GT 8500 on High quality.

these are the recommended specs to match ps3 and xbox 360 settings which are lowish at 30fps at 900p...if you want full ultra at 1080p 60fps you'll need WAY WAY more than that...that's a given.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Seems like I should be able to run it.

Good enough rockstar.

Since these guys are basically guessing, I'll take a stab at it too. 2500K, 8GB and a 770 recommended.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

If this isnt a good port i wont forgive rockstar. 

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

Game isn't all that anyway...

:rolleyes:

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

knowing that this all may be nothing...

What I don't get is why people are thinking it going to be optimized or not by the requiremnts. I get how the recommended specs might give some indication, but providing options for turning down the graphic fidelity you can make it play on simple enough systems.

Someone watches TB enough to even use his made up terms. :P 

Someone watches TB enough to even use his made up terms. :P

What is TB? I don't know if I watch it enough to use his made up terms?

I was using that term to get across a concept, and not provide specific and explicit details, and I thought that eventhough it was appropriate and effective in getting across the idea to most people, apparently I was wrong.

Looking it up...

Interesting though, it may be a made up term it is used quite a bit, fairly widespread even. So I guess a lot of people are TB(?) fans? Or maybe TB(?) picked it up from the general use around discussing games. So it may be a made up term now... but it might not be in the future, you know how a living language works.

I guess it would be a good decision to lock this thread as the system requirements are purely made up and highly speculative.

Recommended: GTX 480? Never. I guess this game, with its huge draw distance and maxed out LoD will put a massive amount of strain on todays rigs.

144Hz goodness

Only 20GB of recommended space? Wtf? Can't be right...

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

I thought "I hope my GTX 570 can run it" but then I remembered that I just bought a GTX 970 G1 Gaming!

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

If this is true then that's awesome and I might pick it up. I'm a little skeptical though.