'E-Sports should be in the Olympics' Says WoW creator

iHammmy
Go to solution Solved by alpenwasser,

Ooookay people... Fortunately for some I don't have the time at the moment to read through
all the walls of text in this thread and disseminate who deserves a warning for what since
I'm about to head to bed. I cannot make any promises for the other mods though... Or maybe
I'll get bored when I get up and come back.

But seriously, cut out the shitty behavior and be nice to each other, we have neither the
need nor the desire for immature bickering here. Thank you, and merry Christmas. :)

EDIT:
Debating is fine, just, you know, in a civilized manner please.

i would actually like esports to become an olympic event just for the lols but how will it factor into summer and winter olympics so summer sunny games and winter snowy games. after watching people run track they watch people play cs go in dust 2. it would be kind of unfair as i dont see how countries with little internet can paticipate

I don't have a problem with E-Sports at all. But that's where they belong, as their own separate entity ~ E-Sports. People who play video games too much don't deserve an Olympic medal. They already can make money off of their addiction, they get a trophy and prizes. However, they absolutely do not belong in the Olympics. There is nothing Olympic about an E-Sport; Ancient Greece is rolling in their graves just thinking about this concept.

you think pro gamers or gamers are all addicts? with that logic anyone who dose something a lot is a addict, that would include almost everyone. also pro gamers don't make a lot of money for a long period of time.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

you think pro gamers or gamers are all addicts? with that logic anyone who dose something a lot is a addict, that would include almost everyone. also pro gamers don't make a lot of money for a long period of time.

Doing something a lot is not necessarily an addition, but doing something excessively is and unfortunately pro gamers do something excessively. That which is, playing video games. Playing video games in moderation is fine. But in order to be a pro-gamer you have to play video games excessively. These pro-gamers play between 6-8 hours of video games a day. That's 42-56 hours a week, that's 168-224 hours a month, and yes, 2016-2688 hours a year. That's just absolutely insane and cannot be classified by anything other than an addiction. Playing video games for nearly 112 days out of a whole year is just not healthy in any sense. No matter how you put it. They make a decent salary, even the Top 100 pro gamers at the bottom of that list make anywhere between $80,000 - $100,000. They do just fine.

As much as I support and love E-Sports, this is just asinine.

The Olympics is something completely different, I'd rather see the Discus and Javelin throws come back than see E-Sports in the Olympics.

Doing something a lot is not necessarily an addition, but doing something excessively is and unfortunately pro gamers do something excessively. That which is, playing video games. Playing video games in moderation is fine. But in order to be a pro-gamer you have to play video games excessively. These pro-gamers play between 6-8 hours of video games a day. That's 42-56 hours a week, that's 168-224 hours a month, and yes, 2016-2688 hours a year. That's just absolutely insane and cannot be classified by anything other than an addiction. Playing video games for nearly 112 days in a year is just not healthy in any sense. No matter how you put it.

so jobs are addictions, got it, because that's what being pro is a job, and that's what you described. not all pros want to play that often, but have to to keep growing their skills. a addiction is were your mind or body needs to continue to do something to maintain normality. you also don't have to do something excessively to be addicted. just keep in mind pros(all pros not just gamers) HAVE to be the best and you cant be the best by not doing it alot, even to a excessive extent.

attf.gif

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

so jobs are addictions, got it, because that's what being pro is a job, and that's what you described. not all pros want to play that often, but have to to keep growing their skills. a addiction is were your mind or body needs to continue to do something to maintain normality. you also don't have to do something excessively to be addicted. 

What happens when a pro gamer stops playing games so excessively? They no longer perform well enough to be considered "pro." That would be considered a withdrawal symptom of not continuing to play video games. Their performance goes down. Like most addicts they require the addictive substitute to maintain normality. They need to continue to play in excessive amounts. Which is why as you stated, they have to play that often (to "grow" their skills, maybe, but mostly to maintain them). I'm a Chef. If I stop cooking tomorrow. I'm not going to suddenly forget how to cook all the recipes I learned. I will cook them the same exact way as I learned the first time. There's no withdrawal from a normal job that you acquire skills for. You withhold those skills and are able to carry them with you wherever you go. I will always know how to cook. Even if I suddenly stop one day and decide to enter a different field of work. This cannot be applied to a pro gamer. They must always play excessive amounts of video games at an unhealthy rate to maintain normality. I can work 6 hours, 12 hours, 8 hours, 4 hours, a day It doesn't make a difference. I will always be able to cook. There's no stopping my ability in being able to cook. I will always learn how to cook more recipes, I will always get better from doing it over time, I will always have that creative spark to be able to make something taste better or different. But it no way shape or form do I need to practice cooking in excessive amounts to become "Pro." "Pro" is opening up your own restaurant, or cafe or food truck etc. and turning a profit; most of the time from developing a creative dish that people haven't seen before or putting a spin on a dish that already exists. But if your food tastes good, you go places. You want to invent a new dish, you do it it. Do you have to practice? Sure. But is it unhealthy? Not at all. You are using your mind, body, and soul when you cook. You have total balance. Yin and Yang. There's no entire mental aspect or entire physical aspect or entire creative aspect. It requires all senses, total equilibrium. 

This concept doesn't apply to pro video game players. They aren't creating anything, they aren't offering any service to anyone (except making kids think it's "cool" to play video games for a living), they aren't doing anything at all really. They are taking something that was created to be a hobby for fun, excitement, and entertainment but instead doing it excessively to the point where it's most likely not even fun anymore - it becomes this faux business. If you continue to do something excessively, and you aren't even having fun, but you do it anyway because you need to do it - that's an addiction. Have you ever seen the faces of these gamers when they lose? They look entirely depressed. All those hours, all that time, for what? For nothing. Because there's no achievement. You aren't gaining any viable skills that will help you out in the real world. Maybe in your virtual world you are "somebody" or "something" but we don't live in a virtual world. This world is multi-dimensional and you have to take that aspect of thinking with you everywhere. You need to seek balance in your endeavors. We are just as much mind as we are body and as we are soul. Pro-gaming is one dimensional. It doesn't promote a healthy life style, definitely not to children or teenagers or young adults. You cannot compare a normal job or career to pro-gaming. It's just not the same. It's entirely different in so many ways. 

If people want to play video games for 6-8 hours a day, every day, for years on end and get payed for it. By all means do it. If that's what you feel your path is in life, then go for it. I'm not going to tell you to stop or you shouldn't do it. All I'm saying is don't try to force your little world that you created onto everyone else. In this case, trying to get video game playing in the Olympics. That's just a low blow to all the people who are in the Olympics. It's just not fair in any way shape or form to say that a pro video game player is the equivalent to an Olympic athlete. To actually think that we live in a world where this would actually be a thought is sad and if you don't agree with that, then I don't know what to tell you. What's next? Pro Flappy Bird Players? Pro Candy Crush Super Bowl? Are we really headed in that direction?  

You know what else should be on Olympics?

"Weed smoking marathon". How many blunts one can hit before the guy turns into Snoop Dogg or pass the f*ck out..

Details separate people.

The Olympics should be discontinued. Nobody really cares about them. Just cancel them and save money. 

What happens when a pro gamer stops playing games so excessively? They no longer perform well enough to be considered "pro." That would be considered a withdrawal symptom of not continuing to play video games. Their performance goes down. Like most addicts they require the addictive substitute to maintain normality. They need to continue to play in excessive amounts. Which is why as you stated, they have to play that often (to "grow" their skills, maybe, but mostly to maintain them). I'm a Chef. If I stop cooking tomorrow. I'm not going to suddenly forget how to cook all the recipes I learned. I will cook them the same exact way as I learned the first time. There's no withdrawal from a normal job that you acquire skills for. You withhold those skills and are able to carry them with you wherever you go. I will always know how to cook. Even if I suddenly stop one day and decide to enter a different field of work. This cannot be applied to a pro gamer. They must always play excessive amounts of video games at an unhealthy rate to maintain normality. I can work 6 hours, 12 hours, 8 hours, 4 hours, a day It doesn't make a difference. I will always be able to cook. There's no stopping my ability in being able to cook. I will always learn how to cook more recipes, I will always get better from doing it over time, I will always have that creative spark to be able to make something taste better or different. But it no way shape or form do I need to practice cooking in excessive amounts to become "Pro." "Pro" is opening up your own restaurant, or cafe or food truck etc. and turning a profit; most of the time from developing a creative dish that people haven't seen before or putting a spin on a dish that already exists. But if your food tastes good, you go places. You want to invent a new dish, you do it it. Do you have to practice? Sure. But is it unhealthy? Not at all. You are using your mind, body, and soul when you cook. You have total balance. Yin and Yang. There's no entire mental aspect or entire physical aspect or entire creative aspect. It requires all senses, total equilibrium. 

This concept doesn't apply to pro video game players. They aren't creating anything, they aren't offering any service to anyone (except making kids think it's "cool" to play video games for a living), they aren't doing anything at all really. They are taking something that was created to be a hobby for fun, excitement, and entertainment but instead doing it excessively to the point where it's most likely not even fun anymore - it becomes this faux business. If you continue to do something excessively, and you aren't even having fun, but you do it anyway because you need to do it - that's an addiction. Have you ever seen the faces of these gamers when they lose? They look entirely depressed. All those hours, all that time, for what? For nothing. Because there's no achievement. You aren't gaining any viable skills that will help you out in the real world. Maybe in your virtual world you are "somebody" or "something" but we don't live in a virtual world. This world is multi-dimensional and you have to take that aspect of thinking with you everywhere. You need to seek balance in your endeavors. We are just as much mind as we are body and as we are soul. Pro-gaming is one dimensional. It doesn't promote a healthy life style, definitely not to children or teenagers or young adults. You cannot compare a normal job or career to pro-gaming. It's just not the same. It's entirely different in so many ways. 

If people want to play video games for 6-8 hours a day, every day, for years on end and get payed for it. By all means do it. If that's what you feel your path is in life, then go for it. I'm not going to tell you to stop or you shouldn't do it. All I'm saying is don't try to force your little world that you created onto everyone else. In this case, trying to get video game playing in the Olympics. That's just a low blow to all the people who are in the Olympics. It's just not fair in any way shape or form to say that a pro video game player is the equivalent to an Olympic athlete. To actually think that we live in a world where this would actually be a thought is sad and if you don't agree with that, then I don't know what to tell you. What's next? Pro Flappy Bird Players? Are we really headed in that direction?  

but that's not a withdrawal symptom( withdrawal symptom is when they are physically/mental hurt by not continuing to do their addiction, not a lose in skill) , that happens with every thing even cooking, anything any human has ever done, even speaking . if you stop speaking you lose it slowly, so does that mean every person that talks is addicted? if you stop cooking you WILL lose knowledge on about it, its a fact. and what you and I said applys to pro athletes too. pro athletes don't create anything or service they are on equal terms as pro gamers. And about that mind body stuff, their are a lot of jobs that do not require being physical, like any computer, science, administrative like jobs. I just don't understand how two separate activities have some of the same traits but one is addictive and the other is not? you need to look up on addiction. you keep describing addiction so broadly that it applies to everything, but yet you say it only applies to a few, and I don't get that. you need to ask yourself not just why but also why not.

"They are taking something that was created to be a hobby for fun, excitement, and entertainment but instead doing it excessively to the point where it's most likely not even fun anymore - it becomes this faux business. If you continue to do something excessively, and you aren't even having fun, but you do it anyway because you need to do it - that's an addiction." that's called a career from a hobby, and a flawed statement, they need to do it to make money, if its their highest paying skill why not use it, like your cooking.

you stated you like cooking, you do it a lot to excessively, you need it to do it. so your addicted to it, sign yourself up to rehab. that's according to what you said.

We should just stick to our own events. I have no interest in watching physical sports among my esports.

The Olympics should be discontinued. Nobody really cares about them. Just cancel them and save money.

I believe you know where the door is with your asinine statement.

but that's not a withdrawal symptom( withdrawal symptom is when they are physically/mental hurt by not continuing to do their addiction, not a lose in skill) , that happens with every thing even cooking, anything any human has ever done, even speaking . if you stop speaking you lose it slowly, so does that mean every person that talks is addicted? if you stop cooking you WILL lose knowledge on about it, its a fact. and what you and I said applys to pro athletes too. pro athletes don't create anything or service they are on equal terms as pro gamers. And about that mind body stuff, their are a lot of jobs that do not require being physical, like any computer, science, administrative like jobs. I just don't understand how two separate activities have some of the same traits but one is addictive and the other is not? you need to look up on addiction. you keep describing addiction so broadly that it applies to everything, but yet you say it only applies to a few, and I don't get that. you need to ask yourself not just why but also why not.

"They are taking something that was created to be a hobby for fun, excitement, and entertainment but instead doing it excessively to the point where it's most likely not even fun anymore - it becomes this faux business. If you continue to do something excessively, and you aren't even having fun, but you do it anyway because you need to do it - that's an addiction." that's called a career from a hobby, and a flawed statement, they need to do it to make money, if its their highest paying skill why not use it, like your cooking.

you stated you like cooking, you do it a lot to excessively, you need it to do it. so your addicted to it, sign yourself up to rehab. that's according to what you said.

They are physically and mentally addicted. You need to be physically and/or mentally addicted to a video game to even think about slightly doing it professionally. No normal sane individual says I'm going to play video games for 6-8 hours every day, week after week, year after year. There was an article of a Pro League of Legends player who had a collapsed lung and he still couldn't stop playing video games. You call that normal behavior? He's clearly addicted. Even professional sports players who have injuries take time off to heal and go to rehabilitation. Not pro gamers. Collapsed lung, no problem, must keep playing! Where are you getting your information from, because I'm starting to believe you are pulling it out of thin air. I can go a whole day without saying a word, it doesn't mean I will forget how to speak. What kind of nonsense is that? I could go a whole week without talking to anyone, and I have before. I still didn't forget how to speak. I've went months without talking to people and I haven't forgotten how to speak. So no, not even speaking. I will not lose knowledge on Cooking, it's a skill, it's a trade. You either have it or you don't. You either know how to do something or you don't. You don't just suddenly forget how to do something you were taught. What's the point in learning how to do something if you will just forget it the moment you were taught? By your logic, Michael Jordan didn't create anything? Michael Jordan is on equal terms as pro-gamers? Are you insane? Michael Jordan turned playing Basketball into an art form. He reinvented how you are supposed to play Basketball. Off the court he had many business ventures, including restaurants, and did a massive amount of charity work. There's no way you can compare a pro gamer to an individual like Michael Jordan. That's the type of delusional thinking that makes me not to want to even continue this discussion with you.

You obviously ignored all the numbers I gave you that requires you to become a pro-gamer, so I really don't see the point in repeating them. So if I gave you all that information about how many hours pro-gaming consumes your life, and you still think that's normal and acceptable behavior for an adult. Then I don't know what to tell you. You need to ask yourself why you think playing video games at that frequency is normal and acceptable? Then maybe you will figure out whether or not it is considered an addiction. Some times you need to grow up, and evolve. You need to stop pretending you are still a kid and move on with life. Because there's an age you hit when you are no longer a kid. There's certain behaviors that are and are not acceptable for an adult. Maybe you need time to figure that out on your own. I do not know what to tell you. Maybe I'm from a different generation than you are, or were raised differently. 

That's called a career from a hobby? Most people I know who went to college and got a career enjoy their career. Many people who have a job, might not like their jobs but it's simply a placeholder until they start their careers. Highest paying skill? You mean to tell me the best thing these people got is playing video games? They couldn't come up with anything better than playing video games? You don't see a problem with that? You don't see how sad that is? We are clearly not on the same page, but are we at least on the same planet? The best highest paying skill you have to offer this world is playing video games? You don't see anything remotely wrong with that?

I could quit cooking tomorrow, and go back to college to finish my degree to become a psychiatrist. Would be more than happy to do that. I could quit cooking tomorrow and go get a job at Microcenter (already was offered 3 different jobs there). Would be more than happy to do that. I could quit cooking tomorrow, go back to Custom Lifestyles and sell rims and tires again. Would be more than happy to do that. I could quit cooking tomorrow and go back to construction and operate an excavator again. Would be more than happy to do that. Do you see where I'm going with this? It's not an addiction. I have skills in multiple areas. I could get a job wherever my heart desires. Whatever my path wants to take me. There's nothing limiting my ability to work as I have a skill sets in many different careers. I don't need to cook, it's not the end all be all of my life. Am I passionate about it, yes, do I enjoy doing it yes. But as soon as I walk out that door and take off my chef's jacket. That's where the cooking stops. Aside from when I have to cook my family dinner. But even then that's a requirement, to eat. So really in all reality it's not an addiction. I don't need to absorb myself into cooking to continue to cook. I don't need to continue to cook, to stay good at cooking. I already have it. It's there and isn't going anywhere. As a matter a fact I was able to cook since I was a child. When I chopped my fingernail clean off 3 months ago you think I kept working? No I went to the hospital and took the day off. I didn't sit there bleeding all over the place saying, I must not leave! I must continue to cook! Cannot leave! Must cook! Unlike the pro-gamer who had a collapse lung, but needed to continue to practice League of Legends, I knew when to call it a day. When to take a break. When to clear my head, and recover. It's called self control. A concept that people who are addicted to something lose.

eSports are eSports. 

Sports are sports.

You don't mix the two damn it. 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

um no. just no. i can just imagine 90% of the people that paid ticket prices get up and leave the arenas. itll be a joke.

I believe you know where the door is with your asinine statement.

:rolleyes: Nobody gives a shit about the oOlympics.

More people care about League of Legends than the Olympics. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/11/business/media/olympics-draws-25-million-viewers-even-as-its-tv-competitors-also-thrive.html?_r=0

http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/2/7318873/league-of-legends-finals-viewership-dropped-15-percent-but-27m-still

So go bury your head in the sand and think that people give a shit about other countries competing at stupid sports that nobody practices for other than the Olympics. 

They are physically and mentally addicted. You need to be physically and/or mentally addicted to a video game to even think about slightly doing it professionally. No normal sane individual says I'm going to play video games for 6-8 hours every day, week after week, year after year. There was an article of a Pro League of Legends player who had a collapsed lung and he still couldn't stop playing video games. You call that normal behavior? He's clearly addicted. Even professional sports players who have injuries take time off to heal and go to rehabilitation. Not pro gamers. Collapsed lung, no problem, must keep playing! Where are you getting your information from, because I'm starting to believe you are pulling it out of thin air. I can go a whole day without saying a word, it doesn't mean I will forget how to speak. What kind of nonsense is that? I could go a whole week without talking to anyone, and I have before. I still didn't forget how to speak. I've went months without talking to people and I haven't forgotten how to speak. So no, not even speaking. I will not lose knowledge on Cooking, it's a skill, it's a trade. You either have it or you don't. You either know how to do something or you don't. You don't just suddenly forget how to do something you were taught. What's the point in learning how to do something if you will just forget it the moment you were taught? By your logic, Michael Jordan didn't create anything? Michael Jordan is on equal terms as pro-gamers? Are you insane? Michael Jordan turned playing Basketball into an art form. He reinvented how you are supposed to play Basketball. Off the court he had many business ventures, including restaurants, and did a massive amount of charity work. There's no way you can compare a pro gamer to an individual like Michael Jordan. That's the type of delusional thinking that makes me not to want to even continue this discussion with you.

You obviously ignored all the numbers I gave you that requires you to become a pro-gamer, so I really don't see the point in repeating them. So if I gave you all that information about how many hours pro-gaming consumes your life, and you still think that's normal and acceptable behavior for an adult. Then I don't know what to tell you. You need to ask yourself why you think playing video games at that frequency is normal and acceptable? Then maybe you will figure out whether or not it is considered an addiction. Some times you need to grow up, and evolve. You need to stop pretending you are still a kid and move on with life. Because there's an age you hit when you are no longer a kid. There's certain behaviors that are and are not acceptable for an adult. Maybe you need time to figure that out on your own. I do not know what to tell you. Maybe I'm from a different generation than you are, or were raised differently. 

That's called a career from a hobby? Most people I know who went to college and got a career enjoy their career. Many people who have a job, might not like their jobs but it's simply a placeholder until they start their careers. Highest paying skill? You mean to tell me the best thing these people got is playing video games? They couldn't come up with anything better than playing video games? You don't see a problem with that? You don't see how sad that is? We are clearly not on the same page, but are we at least on the same planet? The best highest paying skill you have to offer this world is playing video games? You don't see anything remotely wrong with that?

I could quit cooking tomorrow, and go back to college to finish my degree to become a psychiatrist. Would be more than happy to do that. I could quit cooking tomorrow and go get a job at Microcenter (already was offered 3 different jobs there). Would be more than happy to do that. I could quit cooking tomorrow, go back to Custom Lifestyles and sell rims and tires again. Would be more than happy to do that. I could quit cooking tomorrow and go back to construction and operate an excavator again. Would be more than happy to do that. Do you see where I'm going with this? It's not an addiction. I have skills in multiple areas. I could get a job wherever my heart desires. Whatever my path wants to take me. There's nothing limiting my ability to work as I have a skill sets in many different careers. I don't need to cook, it's not the end all be all of my life. Am I passionate about it, yes, do I enjoy doing it yes. But as soon as I walk out that door and take off my chef's jacket. That's where the cooking stops. Aside from when I have to cook my family dinner. But even then that's a requirement, to eat. So really in all reality it's not an addiction. I don't need to absorb myself into cooking to continue to cook. I don't need to continue to cook, to stay good at cooking. I already have it. It's there and isn't going anywhere. As a matter a fact I was able to cook since I was a child. When I chopped my fingernail clean off 3 months ago you think I kept working? No I went to the hospital and took the day off. I didn't sit there bleeding all over the place saying, I must not leave! I must continue to cook! Cannot leave! Must cook! Unlike the pro-gamer who had a collapse lung, but needed to continue to practice League of Legends, I knew when to call it a day. When to take a break. When to clear my head, and recover. It's called self control. A concept that people who are addicted to something lose.

You only attack gaming when all your arguments can be related to a lot of other things that you say is not addictive. you have a personal problem with it and blind are blinding yourself. I cant take you seriously anymore.

"They are physically and mentally addicted. You need to be physically and/or mentally addicted to a video game to even think about slightly doing it professionally. No normal sane individual says I'm going to play video games for 6-8 hours every day, week after week, year after year."

that's called a job

"There was an article of a Pro League of Legends player who had a collapsed lung and he still couldn't stop playing video games. You call that normal behavior? He's clearly addicted. Even professional sports players who have injuries take time off to heal and go to rehabilitation. Not pro gamers. Collapsed lung, no problem, must keep playing! "

a programmer can do this too, many people do this

"Where are you getting your information from, because I'm starting to believe you are pulling it out of thin air."

dictionaries 

" I can go a whole day without saying a word, it doesn't mean I will forget how to speak. What kind of nonsense is that? I could go a whole week without talking to anyone, and I have before. I still didn't forget how to speak. I've went months without talking to people and I haven't forgotten how to speak. So no, not even speaking. I will not lose knowledge on Cooking, it's a skill, it's a trade. You either have it or you don't. You either know how to do something or you don't. You don't just suddenly forget how to do something you were taught. What's the point in learning how to do something if you will just forget it the moment you were taught? "

you remember everything you have ever learned to a %100 accuracy? most people cant do that good for you. a normal person will lose skills when not in use, the time it take is different. I now a person who now lives in japan for years and now he can tell he lost a bit of English skills.

"By your logic, Michael Jordan didn't create anything? Michael Jordan is on equal terms as pro-gamers? Are you insane? Michael Jordan turned playing Basketball into an art form. He reinvented how you are supposed to play Basketball. Off the court he had many business ventures, including restaurants, and did a massive amount of charity work. There's no way you can compare a pro gamer to an individual like Michael Jordan. That's the type of delusional thinking that makes me not to want to even continue this discussion with you."

and gamers can't? it does help he is really rich. I was stating your point I know gamers have made stuff, just like Michael Jordan.

"You obviously ignored all the numbers I gave you that requires you to become a pro-gamer, so I really don't see the point in repeating them."

i didn't you just don't realize that the number you gave rule in a vast amount of other activities into it. and was trying to point that out.

" So if I gave you all that information about how many hours pro-gaming consumes your life, and you still think that's normal and acceptable behavior for an adult. Then I don't know what to tell you. You need to ask yourself why you think playing video games at that frequency is normal and acceptable? Then maybe you will figure out whether or not it is considered an addiction. Some times you need to grow up, and evolve. You need to stop pretending you are still a kid and move on with life. Because there's an age you hit when you are no longer a kid. There's certain behaviors that are and are not acceptable for an adult. Maybe you need time to figure that out on your own. I do not know what to tell you. Maybe I'm from a different generation than you are, or were raised differently."

how is making a living being a kid? if you get paid the most to play a game and you like to do it whats wrong with that, why is it a problem. it like saying its a problem to cook for a living, why would you can survive with our cooking so doing it for 8 hours a day 5 days is a addiction.

"I could quit cooking tomorrow, and go back to college to finish my degree to become a psychiatrist. Would be more than happy to do that. I could quit cooking tomorrow and go get a job at Microcenter (already was offered 3 different jobs there). Would be more than happy to do that. I could quit cooking tomorrow, go back to Custom Lifestyles and sell rims and tires again. Would be more than happy to do that. I could quit cooking tomorrow and go back to construction and operate an excavator again. Would be more than happy to do that. Do you see where I'm going with this? It's not an addiction. I have skills in multiple areas. I could get a job wherever my heart desires. Whatever my path wants to take me. There's nothing limiting my ability to work as I have a skill sets in many different careers. I don't need to cook, it's not the end all be all of my life. Am I passionate about it, yes, do I enjoy doing it yes. But as soon as I walk out that door and take off my chef's jacket. That's where the cooking stops. Aside from when I have to cook my family dinner. But even then that's a requirement, to eat. So really in all reality it's not an addiction. I don't need to absorb myself into cooking to continue to cook. I don't need to continue to cook, to stay good at cooking. I already have it. It's there and isn't going anywhere. As a matter a fact I was able to cook since I was a child. When I chopped my fingernail clean off 3 months ago you think I kept working? No I went to the hospital and took the day off. I didn't sit there bleeding all over the place saying, I must not leave! I must continue to cook! Cannot leave! Must cook! Unlike the pro-gamer who had a collapse lung, but needed to continue to practice League of Legends, I knew when to call it a day. When to take a break. When to clear my head and recoup myself. It's called self control. A concept that people who are addicted to something lose."

ya pro games too, but they don't get payed million dollar contracts so if they are hurt the have to keep working, so does any average person. can you live with out a pay check? if you can good for you but some people can't and if that is a source of income and they need it to pay for bill like medical bills, then why should he not? him playing does not hurt he rehab and most pro games don't make a lot of money, only a few can make above average. some do it because they like to. and you seem to have a problem with that.

you make it sound like gamers are the scum of the earth and all of them and addicts that cant control them selves. when you're wrong. the way you talk is like Hitler about jews and the KKK about black people. anyone how thinks a group a people is all the same and below society has something wrong in their mind. you make it like a gamer should be ashamed that he is one. you seem to be ok if some one has a hobby as their job but if its gaming its now a issue. you are just like a racist, with that mind set and it is sad to see. you should stop downloading you facts from iamright.com. I have a problem when someone thinks any group of people has to fit one definition, like all gamers are addicts and all blacks are lower creatures that should be owned like animals, those thoughts are on the same level.

Anyone who says something is %100 curtain, they are wrong, nothing it %100, even everything I have said.

just so you know I don't think e-sports should be in the Olympics and some gamers can be addicted just like anyone can be addicted to anything.

OP: I think e-sport should have their own world wide organization to do tournaments of all kinds of games.

They are physically and mentally addicted. You need to be physically and/or mentally addicted to a video game to even think about slightly doing it professionally. 

:lol: Lol wut. Dum. 

the olympics are made to show off physical skill and praise those athletes for all the hard work and dedication they put into that sport, this is just stupid. Even as a gamer, i dont think gaming is very skillful and no game requires physical ability;until it comes to tackling your buddy after he screen cheats of course.  

You only attack gaming when all your arguments can be related to a lot of other things that you say is not addictive. you have a personal problem with it and blind are blinding yourself. I cant take you seriously anymore.

"They are physically and mentally addicted. You need to be physically and/or mentally addicted to a video game to even think about slightly doing it professionally. No normal sane individual says I'm going to play video games for 6-8 hours every day, week after week, year after year."

that's called a job

"There was an article of a Pro League of Legends player who had a collapsed lung and he still couldn't stop playing video games. You call that normal behavior? He's clearly addicted. Even professional sports players who have injuries take time off to heal and go to rehabilitation. Not pro gamers. Collapsed lung, no problem, must keep playing! "

a programmer can do this too, many people do this

"Where are you getting your information from, because I'm starting to believe you are pulling it out of thin air."

dictionaries 

" I can go a whole day without saying a word, it doesn't mean I will forget how to speak. What kind of nonsense is that? I could go a whole week without talking to anyone, and I have before. I still didn't forget how to speak. I've went months without talking to people and I haven't forgotten how to speak. So no, not even speaking. I will not lose knowledge on Cooking, it's a skill, it's a trade. You either have it or you don't. You either know how to do something or you don't. You don't just suddenly forget how to do something you were taught. What's the point in learning how to do something if you will just forget it the moment you were taught? "

you remember everything you have ever learned to a %100 accuracy? most people cant do that good for you. a normal person will lose skills when not in use, the time it take is different. I now a person who now lives in japan for years and now he can tell he lost a bit of English skills.

"By your logic, Michael Jordan didn't create anything? Michael Jordan is on equal terms as pro-gamers? Are you insane? Michael Jordan turned playing Basketball into an art form. He reinvented how you are supposed to play Basketball. Off the court he had many business ventures, including restaurants, and did a massive amount of charity work. There's no way you can compare a pro gamer to an individual like Michael Jordan. That's the type of delusional thinking that makes me not to want to even continue this discussion with you."

and gamers can't? it does help he is really rich. I was stating your point I know gamers have made stuff, just like Michael Jordan.

"You obviously ignored all the numbers I gave you that requires you to become a pro-gamer, so I really don't see the point in repeating them."

i didn't you just don't realize that the number you gave rule in a vast amount of other activities into it. and was trying to point that out.

" So if I gave you all that information about how many hours pro-gaming consumes your life, and you still think that's normal and acceptable behavior for an adult. Then I don't know what to tell you. You need to ask yourself why you think playing video games at that frequency is normal and acceptable? Then maybe you will figure out whether or not it is considered an addiction. Some times you need to grow up, and evolve. You need to stop pretending you are still a kid and move on with life. Because there's an age you hit when you are no longer a kid. There's certain behaviors that are and are not acceptable for an adult. Maybe you need time to figure that out on your own. I do not know what to tell you. Maybe I'm from a different generation than you are, or were raised differently."

how is making a living being a kid? if you get paid the most to play a game and you like to do it whats wrong with that, why is it a problem. it like saying its a problem to cook for a living, why would you can survive with our cooking so doing it for 8 hours a day 5 days is a addiction.

"I could quit cooking tomorrow, and go back to college to finish my degree to become a psychiatrist. Would be more than happy to do that. I could quit cooking tomorrow and go get a job at Microcenter (already was offered 3 different jobs there). Would be more than happy to do that. I could quit cooking tomorrow, go back to Custom Lifestyles and sell rims and tires again. Would be more than happy to do that. I could quit cooking tomorrow and go back to construction and operate an excavator again. Would be more than happy to do that. Do you see where I'm going with this? It's not an addiction. I have skills in multiple areas. I could get a job wherever my heart desires. Whatever my path wants to take me. There's nothing limiting my ability to work as I have a skill sets in many different careers. I don't need to cook, it's not the end all be all of my life. Am I passionate about it, yes, do I enjoy doing it yes. But as soon as I walk out that door and take off my chef's jacket. That's where the cooking stops. Aside from when I have to cook my family dinner. But even then that's a requirement, to eat. So really in all reality it's not an addiction. I don't need to absorb myself into cooking to continue to cook. I don't need to continue to cook, to stay good at cooking. I already have it. It's there and isn't going anywhere. As a matter a fact I was able to cook since I was a child. When I chopped my fingernail clean off 3 months ago you think I kept working? No I went to the hospital and took the day off. I didn't sit there bleeding all over the place saying, I must not leave! I must continue to cook! Cannot leave! Must cook! Unlike the pro-gamer who had a collapse lung, but needed to continue to practice League of Legends, I knew when to call it a day. When to take a break. When to clear my head and recoup myself. It's called self control. A concept that people who are addicted to something lose."

ya pro games too, but they don't get payed million dollar contracts so if they are hurt the have to keep working, so does any average person. can you live with out a pay check? if you can good for you but some people can't and if that is a source of income and they need it to pay for bill like medical bills, then why should he not? him playing does not hurt he rehab and most pro games don't make a lot of money, only a few can make above average. some do it because they like to. and you seem to have a problem with that.

you make it sound like gamers are the scum of the earth and all of them and addicts that cant control them selves. when you're wrong. the way you talk is like Hitler about jews and the KKK about black people. anyone how thinks a group a people is all the same and below society has something wrong in their mind. you make it like a gamer should be ashamed that he is one. you seem to be ok if some one has a hobby as their job but if its gaming its now a issue. you are just like a racist, with that mind set and it is sad to see. you should stop downloading you facts from iamright.com. I have a problem when someone thinks any group of people has to fit one definition, like all gamers are addicts and all blacks are lower creatures that should be owned like animals, those thoughts are on the same level.

just so you know I don't think e-sports should be in the Olympics and some gamers can be addicted just like anyone can be addicted to anything.

OP: I think e-sport should have their own world wide organization to do tournaments of all kinds of games.

You can't take me seriously anymore, good because I feel the same way about you and you pro gaming nonsense. I do have a personal problem with it because it's a joke. Normal people have a problem with things that shouldn't be taken seriously. This is one of them. You are blinded by your own ideas just as much as you claim I am. At least I give good arguments in explanation, you have nothing but fluff.

That's called a job? Playing video games is not a job. Next.

Many people who are injured and hospitalized continue to work against their own health? Sure they do. Keep telling yourself that. And I'm the one you cant take seriously. Good one.

You get your information from dictionaries? Kind of a bad place to get information from, they mostly contain definitions - that's about it. So I'm not sure how you get your concocted ideas from dictionaries. Losing ground here. Keep going dictionary man. 

As far as trades and skills go yes. I do remember them. Isn't that the point of getting trained? To continue to remember how to do something. So you can use that skill whenever you need? Well learning different languages is complicated in itself. So kind of a context specific skill to use in this instance because obviously if you have to learn Japanese to survive in a country you are going to use it more frequently because you are trying to adapt to your surroundings. I'm still sure if he's American he can speak well enough to talk. It's not like he forgot to speak English completely like you stated he would with your logic of not speaking. But you don't state if he's American or not, so it's hard to define what exactly is going on.

Do they? Besides Fatal1ty branding his name on "Gaming Gear" what do these Pro-gamers do? The top Pro gamers make 1.2 million? That's not rich enough to do charity work?

Vast amount of other activities, but you don't really list those other activities so that doesn't seem very useful.

What's the problem with that? I don't know, do you know what setting a good example is? Do you have children? Do you want them to strive to do the best for themselves? Do you want them to have healthy achievements and goals? Do you understand that concept? Or are you going to be one of those parents that doesn't give two craps about what your child does. "Oh as long as they are "happy," everything's hunky-dory." Go ahead son, become a pro-gamer! Sounds like an awesome healthy lifestyle. What a crowning achievement! Cooking is a service, I'm feeding people with my skills. I'm doing good for my people. I'm offering them food. Food that tastes good. That will benefit their bodies, as well as make them happy and feel good. What does a gamer do? Make kids watch them on streams like mindless drones? Watching other people play videogames like a bunch of robots instead of playing games themselves. Cool. You obviously haven't thought about that one yet. Yeah let's sit around and watch other people play video games all day instead of actually playing them yourself. Good job pro gamers! Way to pave the way for our future children! You keep trying to compare normal careers and jobs to gaming. It's just not going to work. You still cant see that though

You keep trying to play off like Pro-Gamers don't make a lot of money. Maybe you haven't worked a lot, maybe you are entitled, I dont know what it is but the bottom most pro-gamer makes $44,000. Do you realize how much money that is? That's over $900 a week! Do you not know how much money that is? That's a very nice living wage. I'd have to work 60 hours a week to make that! Stop downplaying how much money they make. They make plenty of money for what they do. An average person who gets seriously injured does not keep working, because most of the time they cant. So I dont know how you get this "average" person keeps working when most companies and states offer disability. Again, pulling information out of thin air. Must be that great dictionary of yours. I have a problem with smug entitled morons, thinking they can get into the Olympics because they play video games for long periods of time. That's my problem.

I'm wrong!? Did you hear about the League of Legends player who jumped from a twelve story building and ended up in a coma? He wanted to commit suicide because the whole thing he was training for was rigged. He couldn't handle the so called awesome pro video gamer lifestyle, so he decided to end his life. Maybe that should paint a picture for you a little bit about my negativity on this subject. End your life because of Video Games? How's that for a dose of reality. 

Oh please, save me the bullshit speech. What you get proven wrong, so you decide to pull out the race card? How is anything I'm saying in anyway related to Hitler wanting to eliminate the Jews or the KKK wanting to eliminate Blacks? I really don't think I recall saying pro-gamers should be executed. Nice back-peddle there I appreciate your effort though. A quick straw-man tactic never hurt nobody, right? I'm a racist. That's laughable. So now pro-gaming is a race? Really where are you going with this. You have no where to turn so now I'm Hitler, the KKK and a racist. Good one. Don't know when I said anything about blacks at all, or that they should be treated like animals. Don't recall saying anything like that at all. You said that, but definitely not me. I'm talking about Pro-Gamers. No way shape or form are those thoughts on the same level. Just as I suspected, you are delusional. Not just delusional but an outright liar. Lose an argument so you call someone a racist. 

It's not a question of whether some gamers are addicted, it's a fact that pro-gamers are addicted. They have to be in order to survive in pro-gaming. Without playing all day long, they really have no way to maintain the ability to play at a pro level.

:lol: Lol wut. Dum. 

Try playing the same video game for 8 hours a day, every day for the next four weeks. Report back with the results of how sane you feel. Then tell me if you still think that these people are playing that much willingly

Try playing the same video game for 8 hours a day, every day for the next four weeks. Report back with the results of how sane you feel. Then tell me if you still think that these people are playing that much willingly

Try going to the same office for 8 hours a day, every day for the next four weeks. Report back with the results of how sane you feel. Then tell me if you still think that these people are working that much willingly. 

Loving what you are getting paid to do is probably the best feeling in the world. You sound like you're jelly. 

In the olympics maybe not, but a similar worldly event would be okay.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Try going to the same office for 8 hours a day, every day for the next four weeks. Report back with the results of how sane you feel. Then tell me if you still think that these people are working that much willingly. 

Loving what you are getting paid to do is probably the best feeling in the world. You sound like you're jelly. 

I'm not sure how that works, so Pro-Gamers aren't happy and they just do it because they have no choice? Or they do it because they love it and they get paid for it I'm confused. Which one is it?

Is Pro-gaming a chore and you don't want to do it (since you are comparing it to a desk job) or is it something they love to do? Make up your mind.

Yeah, so "Jelly" of wanting to jump off of a twelve story building.

You can't take me seriously anymore, good because I feel the same way about you and you pro gaming nonsense. I do have a personal problem with it because it's a joke. Normal people have a problem with things that shouldn't be taken seriously. This is one of them. You are blinded by your own ideas just as much as you claim I am. At least I give good arguments in explanation, you have nothing but fluff.

That's called a job? Playing video games is not a job. Next.

Many people who are injured and hospitalized continue to work against their own health? Sure they do. Keep telling yourself that. And I'm the one you cant take seriously. Good one.

You get your information from dictionaries? Kind of a bad place to get information from, they mostly contain definitions - that's about it. So I'm not sure how you get your concocted ideas from dictionaries. Losing ground here. Keep going dictionary man. 

As far as trades and skills go yes. I do remember them. Isn't that the point of getting trained? To continue to remember how to do something. So you can use that skill whenever you need? Well learning different languages is complicated in itself. So kind of a context specific skill to use in this instance because obviously if you have to learn Japanese to survive in a country you are going to use it more frequently because you are trying to adapt to your surroundings. I'm still sure if he's American he can speak well enough to talk. It's not like he forgot to speak English completely like you stated he would with your logic of not speaking. But you don't state if he's American or not, so it's hard to define what exactly is going on.

Do they? Besides Fatal1ty branding his name on "Gaming Gear" what do these Pro-gamers do? The top Pro gamers make 1.2 million? That's not rich enough to do charity work?

Vast amount of other activities, but you don't really list those other activities so that doesn't seem very useful.

What's the problem with that? I don't know, do you know what setting a good example is? Do you have children? Do you want them to strive to do the best for themselves? Do you want them to have healthy achievements and goals? Do you understand that concept? Or are you going to be one of those parents that doesn't give two craps about what your child does. "Oh as long as they are "happy," everything's hunky-dory." Go ahead son, become a pro-gamer! Sounds like an awesome healthy lifestyle. What a crowning achievement! Cooking is a service, I'm feeding people with my skills. I'm doing good for my people. I'm offering them food. Food that tastes good. That will benefit their bodies, as well as make them happy and feel good. What does a gamer do? Make kids watch them on streams like mindless drones? Watching other people play videogames like a bunch of robots instead of playing games themselves. Cool. You obviously haven't thought about that one yet. Yeah let's sit around and watch other people play video games all day instead of actually playing them yourself. Good job pro gamers! Way to pave the way for our future children! You keep trying to compare normal careers and jobs to gaming. It's just not going to work. You still cant see that though

You keep trying to play off like Pro-Gamers don't make a lot of money. Maybe you haven't worked a lot, maybe you are entitled, I dont know what it is but the bottom most pro-gamer makes $44,000. Do you realize how much money that is? That's over $900 a week! Do you not know how much money that is? That's a very nice living wage. I'd have to work 60 hours a week to make that! Stop downplaying how much money they make. They make plenty of money for what they do. An average person who gets seriously injured does not keep working, because most of the time they cant. So I dont know how you get this "average" person keeps working when most companies and states offer disability. Again, pulling information out of thin air. Must be that great dictionary of yours. I have a problem with smug entitled morons, thinking they can get into the Olympics because they play video games for long periods of time. That's my problem.

I'm wrong!? Did you hear about the League of Legends player who jumped from a twelve story building and ended up in a coma? He wanted to commit suicide because the whole thing he was training for was rigged. He couldn't handle the so called awesome pro video gamer lifestyle, so he decided to end his life. Maybe that should paint a picture for you a little bit about my negativity on this subject. End your life because of Video Games? How's that for a dose of reality. 

Oh please, save me the bullshit speech. What you get proven wrong, so you decide to pull out the race card? How is anything I'm saying in anyway related to Hitler wanting to eliminate the Jews or the KKK wanting to eliminate Blacks? I really don't think I recall saying pro-gamers should be executed. Nice back-peddle there I appreciate your effort though. A quick straw-man tactic never hurt nobody, right? I'm a racist. That's laughable. So now pro-gaming is a race? Really where are you going with this. You have no where to turn so now I'm Hitler, the KKK and a racist. Good one. Don't know when I said anything about blacks at all, or that they should be treated like animals. Don't recall saying anything like that at all. You said that, but definitely not me. I'm talking about Pro-Gamers. No way shape or form are those thoughts on the same level. Just as I suspected, you are delusional. Not just delusional but an outright liar. Lose an argument so you call someone a racist. 

It's not a question of whether some gamers are addicted, it's a fact that pro-gamers are addicted. They have to be in order to survive in pro-gaming. Without playing all day long, they really have no way to maintain the ability to play at a pro level.

you have to be trolling me at this point. I cant believe you believe this. the amount of ignorance is just too much for me to explain. 

and about me pulling the race card i'm not, I am saying its the same thing. you are discriminating a group of people just like a racist, sexist, etc. almost every person on this planet does what you are saying but you only say one group is bad, I just can't understand that. nothing you have said is exclusive to gaming. you are talking like a radicalist, you cherry pick stuff and say HEY LOOK i am right. just because all killers drink water does not mean all people how drink water kill, and what you are saying seems to me you can't understand that.

I'm not sure how that works, so Pro-Gamers aren't happy and they just do it because they have no choice? Or they do it because they love it and they get paid for it I'm confused. Which one is it?

Is Pro-gaming a chore and you don't want to do it (since you are comparing it to a desk job) or is it something they love to do? Make up your mind.

Yeah, so "Jelly" of wanting to jump off of a twelve story building.

You're the one saying they hate it, stupid.