Mini-News: Windows 10 - You want Aero back, Vote for it

GoodBytes

Microsoft Project Manager Gabriel Aul on Twitter says that if you want Aero transparency making a return to Windows 10, keep on voting on the Microsoft feedback. Click on that "Me too" button. Get your voice heard.

https://twitter.com/GabeAul/status/544241908445220864

There are some popular suggestions on aero/transparency in the Feedback app. Go ' me too' your faves.

If you like the Windows 7 glass look, and wish it was available in Windows 10 (obviously adapted to the new look), Microsoft is listening, but they'll only do it if the demand is high enough. So if you want Aero back to Windows 10, now is your chance. Earlier the better, as Microsoft can plan accordingly with the GUI design work being done now, later, it will be too late. So if it doesn't happen, don't complain.

WinBeta recently unveiled that internally, Microsoft was talking about bringing Aero back in Windows 10, so it looks like your votes do matter. But as Aul said, make sure you keep voting, the Redmond giant will only bring it back if there is high-enough demand for it!

Don't forget to also vote at Windows 10 User Voice feedback forum:

https://windows.uservoice.com/forums/265757-windows-feature-suggestions

Source: http://www.winbeta.org/news/windows-10-microsoft-hints-aero-glass-return-only-if-you-vote-it

I loved Aero when it came with Vista. Flat looks look dull in XP. Super dull. Who wouldn't say yes?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

ewwwww.... no no no no no no no no no no.

Microsoft Project Manager Gabriel Aul on Twitter says that if you want Aero transparency making a return to Windows 10, keep on voting on the Microsoft feedback. Click on that "Me too" button. Get your voice heard.

https://twitter.com/GabeAul/status/544241908445220864

Here is a mockup of what it might look:

Win10-build-9928-aero.png

(source: http://www.baboo.com.br/destaque/windows-10-build-9928-por-mvp-baboo-2014/)

Actually if that is what it looks like then I'm actually for it. I was beginning to think it would have the pop-out look like win7 (ewwwwwww).

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

And here I am as someone with the technical preview who could bring forward these suggestions asking what the hell aero was.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

what was aero again?

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

what was aero again?

The transparency bubbly look around each of the windows and taskbar.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

I have no strong preference for both, I just want the core operating system to be stable and user friendly. I don't think mixing Aero with a flat design would look very good though.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

In that case god no :P The flat look is superior IMHO.

Where is this "me too" button?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

In that case god no :P The flat look is superior IMHO.

how do you not like the Aero look? It looks very sexy when translucent.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Look at iOS 7

The mixture of flat and transparent was horrifying, mixing the 2 isn't always the best.

I think Google has found a good balance with Lollipop and Material design.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I like how my Windows 10 currently looks :3 I'm a big advocate for the 'flat' design elements and love how it looks currently, unless it's possible to turn Aero on/off I'd rather not have it. I can put sticky notes behind my task bar already and use that as a quick-note place.

Where exactly do i vote because i really want the aero theme back.

In Windows 10, start the Feedback app. From there search for Aero/transparent suggestion, pick the highest vote, and click on the "Me too" button to cast your vote and push for it.

I like how my Windows 10 currently looks :3 I'm a big advocate for the 'flat' design elements and love how it looks currently, unless it's possible to turn Aero on/off I'd rather not have it. I can put sticky notes behind my task bar already and use that as a quick-note place.

I believe it will be like the mockup image I just added on the main post. This flat, but semi-transparent look, and I personally like it (especially that probably Microsoft will do a better job). And I think it will be an option, to support low powered devices that will have its battery shrink with Aero, due to the transparency, and slow GPU, much like Windows 7 had (I don't mean Aero Basic, I mean uncheking the box for transparency)

I have no strong preference for both, I just want the core operating system to be stable and user friendly. I don't think mixing Aero with a flat design would look very good though.

Personally I love the aero theme on Windows 7 but from the mockup pictures I don't think its going to look all that good in Windows 10. Seeing how Windows 8/8.1 had a sharp boxy look I don't think that will look much better if they add the transparency back they really need to go back to Windows 7 interface with the backbone of Windows 8/10.

In Windows 10, start the Feedback app. From there search for Aero/transparent suggestion, pick the highest vote, and click on the "Me too" button to cast your vote and push for it.

I don't have it installed is there another way?

if this is what your talking about, meh i could care less

Windows-8-Aero.png

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

Was never a fan of Aero's glass look on the windows and taskbar. If I can turn it off, GG.

Can we vote to replace the unreleased Cortana with the works-best Google Now but without needing to say something stupid like "Ok Google Now"

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

i dont mind what they do, but more options are always better. if anything id want at least 3 options.

flat solid one colour task bar

windows 7 aero (bubbly)

new version of aero (non bubbly)

In previous versions of windows with areo, you've always been able to turn it off. I would assume the next windows would allow it.

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

If they decide to add it back, I hope they find a cleaner & nicer way of implementing it. One way would be to decrease the transluceny a bit and increase the amount of blur.

The problem with Aero (W7 implementation) is that it applies the effect to all windows (active and inactive) and blends them together to produce a cluttered mess.

X2UsUTS.png

Specs: i7-3770K | Asus R9 290X | 32GB DDR3 | GA-Z77-UD5H | RM 750x | Define R5 Arctic White | macOS 10.14.5 & Windows 10

Can we vote to replace the unreleased Cortana with the works-best Google Now but without needing to say something stupid like "Ok Google Now"

Google now is god aweful. Atleast cortana works.