For Boinc Users - Tips, Tricks and FAQ - Updated Oct 2013

Hey Terminashunator,  what is your name on the Boinc team?

Ryan my man,  You come and went again.  Try to do a second Boinc project, it might help to keep you on the main page of the team.

I heard that Collatz Conjecture has the problem in their scrip and other peeps have the same problem as you and they run Collatz Conjecture too.

Try DistrRTgen,  it gives good point too.  and with 2 projects going, you might stay on the main page.

Ok folks - bunch of BOINC badges handed out - Criteria - must have been active in the past month. That's it. If you are active and you don't see your badge, PM your Boinc ID as it doesn't match your forum ID, and I will get it sorted out.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Hey Terminashunator,  what is your name on the Boinc team?

I'm James on the team. Also, I tried DisRTgen and it did nothing. Sat and did nothing.

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

Hey Liquidus, am I still disappearing from the BOINC stats?  I don't know what else to do if it is still happening.

just wondering which amd drivers are you guys using ? with which sdk ?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I'm using the latest beta drivers. I have no idea what SDK means.

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

Amd APP SDK  :)  because i was getting super low points with latest beta and latest APP SDK ,now testing 13.8 beta with 2.7 APP SDK will post results tomorrow

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

An SDK is a software development kit.

Should we run multiple projects? Why does it take so long to get points?  :wacko:

Should we run multiple projects? Why does it take so long to get points?  :wacko:

boincstats updates extremely slow like every 24-30 hours 

as i stated before drivers makes huge difference im currently running only milkyway but good to have multiple projects

as i stated before drivers makes huge difference im currently running only milkyway but good to have multiple projects

Okay, thanks.

Also note, some projects only use the CPU, some can take advantage of NVidia GPU, and some AMD. So, if you have a CPU only project, your GPU may be idle. I work on the SETI project, because it brings back memories from 15 years ago when I originally did this, and it has a NVidia GPU version as well.

https://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/GPU_computing

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Going to try and keep the first post here updated with links, FAQ, etc. So if anything has anything, please let me know.

Also note, some projects only use the CPU, some can take advantage of NVidia GPU, and some AMD. So, if you have a CPU only project, your GPU may be idle. I work on the SETI project, because it brings back memories from 15 years ago when I originally did this, and it has a NVidia GPU version as well.

https://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/GPU_computing

Thanks for that, going to try it now.

It seems that when you click a project under the project tab and select update, it will fetch the most up to date stats. On its own it seems to take about that long, though.

Hi,

just wondering how I get the Boinc Team award here in the forum?

Spoiler

CPU: 3570k @ 4.8Ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-UD5H GPU: GTX 1060 PSU: BeQuiet PP 630W OS: Mac OSX & W10 Ram: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 16gb 1600mhz Storage: 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB; 1x Samsung 850 evo 250GB  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Audio: Fiio E10 & Sennheiser HD558 Display: Eizo FS2333

Hi,

just wondering how I get the Boinc Team award here in the forum?

I'm Johannes Dibbern in Boinc

you have to be active in boinc for a month

you have to be active in boinc for a month

thanks!

Spoiler

CPU: 3570k @ 4.8Ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-UD5H GPU: GTX 1060 PSU: BeQuiet PP 630W OS: Mac OSX & W10 Ram: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 16gb 1600mhz Storage: 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB; 1x Samsung 850 evo 250GB  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Audio: Fiio E10 & Sennheiser HD558 Display: Eizo FS2333

thanks!

And you need to PM me your Boinc ID and ForumID if not the same...

First post updated with Badge requirements...

just went in to my boinc account to check settings and noticed my user name in the team was not the same as forum name so just changed it over , should show now as tassietim not timothy garcia as it did previously ,also noticed i hit 1mil points at some point lol

running in seti project  mainly , LinusTechTips_Team

just went in to my boinc account to check settings and noticed my user name in the team was not the same as forum name so just changed it over , should show now as tassietim not timothy garcia as it did previously ,also noticed i hit 1mil points at some point lol

congrats and welcome :) if you got amd gpu i can suggest milkyway ,and distrrtgen  ^_^ i am making 1m points a day with distrrtgen only

Done

@ Whaler_99  : thanks

@Levent : will look into milkyway and distrrtgen might get one of them running on the 3rd pc

@ Whaler_99  : thanks

@Levent : will look into milkyway and distrrtgen might get one of them running on the 3rd pc

Done leave a space or add anything when "mentioning" someone - Just put the @ symbol then their forum ID-  @TassieTim :)

I'm already folding, but I'm going to try boinc too :)

Edit:

So my boinc on pc is stuck at "downloading work from the server". I know that it might take awhile, but not that many hours.

12583667.jpg

On the other hand my galaxy s3 is boincing with all of its might :)

12583650.jpg

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit