For Boinc Users - Tips, Tricks and FAQ - Updated Oct 2013

Also to see your stats locally I use the chart in the manager's advanced view > statistics. You can see all projects as a sum or individually and as total or average (per day).

I keep an eye on my total for user to know if everything's moving ok. 

Play: Liten v3 (4970k @ 4.6GHz, 32GB Ram, Asus GTX 1070 Strix)

I also tried it, it was buggy… so now I am doing it manually.

but why am I not in the list?

I am computing in:

Einstein

fightmalaria

Milkyway

MindModelling

Poem

SETI

WCG

every project in the LTT team...

if you just started it takes a few days for you to show up. each project needs to attribute you your firsts points earned(successfully completed a work unit) for you to start showing up on the stats sites(you'll automatically show up on all of them)

You have to be using same password on everything as you do on your boincstats account

boincstats refresh their database every 12 hours so its slow.

you don't need to be registered on boincstats or use the same pass(never give out your project pass to websites), Just use the same e-mail address(username) on all your projects. i never registered on it and you can see me on there with all my projects.

i also use http://stats.free-dc.org, for stats its the link in my sig, just look up your user name on it.

i think this could be you http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=userbycpid&cpid=cc7a34ae17c7a5c6f26933c347c85047

BTW i see you're using only 1 PC, i strongly suggest runing 1 or 2 projects MAX per CPU/GPU, other wise you just wont do much of anything. its better to run 1 or 2 project.

LTT team via free-dc http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=teambycpid&team=LinusTechTips_Team team members : http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=userteamcomb&team=LinusTechTips_Team

All of life is forged from Hell, Yet from its beauty our legacy began.
 My Boinc Stats

Spoiler

CPU : I7-4790K, MB : ASUS Maximus VII Hero, Ram : Vengeance Pro 32gb, GPU : Asus Strix GTX 1070, PSU : XFX 850w Black Edition

Big THANKS for this 

http://stats.free-dc.org is really cool, better than bonicstats 

But I am "Metallus123" on BOINC ("Metallus" was already in use)

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=userbycpid&cpid=35cb40a91db0f1ed200ccec26dfed377  Thats me

BTW i see you're using only 1 PC, i strongly suggest runing 1 or 2 projects MAX per CPU/GPU, other wise you just wont do much of anything. its better to run 1 or 2 project.

I can´t decide wich to help… they are all important/cool. But I reduced it a bit!

For the badges and mismatching ID names, do we PM Liquidus or Whaler?

For the badges and mismatching ID names, do we PM Liquidus or Whaler?

whaler

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Thanks. Time to annoy a great big mod for my little sticker

Thanks. Time to annoy a great big mod for my little sticker

BAM! :D

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I messaged Whaler a few weeks back, and then again recently. Thanks for hooking me up sir! 

s3Pz2ln.png

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

Ah so YOU'RE James... and also hurray for me being one of 2 daily risers!

Ah so YOU'RE James... and also hurray for me being one of 2 daily risers!

Aye I am. Alas an i5 and a 7770 doesn't do much computing, even if it's running 24/7. Planning on getting a second 7770 and see if that helps. 

I'm not quite sure what I can do to boost my computer numbers. 

Edit: WHaler / Liquidus, is there a way to use my IGPU HD4000 also for Boinc? I just thought of this, that it sits idle all day long. 

I know it's not much, but i'd like to see if it could be done.

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

Aye I am. Alas an i5 and a 7770 doesn't do much computing, even if it's running 24/7. Planning on getting a second 7770 and see if that helps. 

I'm not quite sure what I can do to boost my computer numbers. 

Edit: WHaler / Liquidus, is there a way to use my IGPU HD4000 also for Boinc? I just thought of this, that it sits idle all day long. 

I know it's not much, but i'd like to see if it could be done.

Not that I know of. I believe most of the GPU projects are geared directly towards AMD or NVidia. Folding has the same issue, due to Intel's OpenCL driver. Apparently they are making a version that FAH will recognize soon, so I would assume that would work for Boinc.

@Levent may have some ideas...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Not that I know of. I believe most of the GPU projects are geared directly towards AMD or NVidia. Folding has the same issue, due to Intel's OpenCL driver. Apparently they are making a version that FAH will recognize soon, so I would assume that would work for Boinc.

@Levent may have some ideas...

yup intel HDxxxx series wont be recognized by boinc i tried it but it just wont work

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Hey just wanted to let you guys know I got back into prime grid to help the team. I have been on hiatus for all of my boinc projects for a long time.

post-419-0-01090900-1383233782_thumb.png

Also my name is different on my Boinc projects, I use "Ion Basa" instead of "ionbasa", although I don't wan't to change my name because of this: http://primes.utm.edu/primes/page.php?id=97042

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

yup intel HDxxxx series wont be recognized by boinc i tried it but it just wont work

Interesting because the official release notes for Boinc 7.0 says it can run Intel GPU

https://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/Release_Notes_for_BOINC_7.0

That being said, I believe Whaler's point takes precedence... they just don't have any apps programmed to run on Intel drivers.

Interesting because the official release notes for Boinc 7.0 says it can run Intel GPU

https://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/Release_Notes_for_BOINC_7.0

That being said, I believe Whaler's point takes precedence... they just don't have any apps programmed to run on Intel drivers.

actually i realized Collatz Conjecture supports intel gpu's

http://boinc.thesonntags.com/collatz/

Einstein@home also has a couple Intel GPU apps

Speaking of which, I recently added this to my list of projects and wanted to know how I can display the video render. I've only ever done Milkyway which doesn't include visualization.

thanks for letting me im currently trying to get igpu to work on collatz and if i can get it work i probably can make it work on any project that supports igpu

Speaking of which, I recently added this to my list of projects and wanted to know how I can display the video render. I've only ever done Milkyway which doesn't include visualization.

i tried collatz but it didnt even get intel gpu projects even i edited config file suggested so i tried einstein@home and im running igp for boinc successfully time to create a FAQ thread and fill it up

MGguKMt.jpg

KdUYFuk.png

IT HAS BEEN DONE

<cc_config>
   <log_flags>
   </log_flags>
   <options>
       <use_all_gpus>1</use_all_gpus>
   </options>
</cc_config>

IT HAS BEEN DONE

<cc_config>
   <log_flags>
   </log_flags>
   <options>
   </options>
</cc_config>

Nice!

sweet! I'm glad you guys managed to get them to work.

IT HAS BEEN DONE

<cc_config>
   <log_flags>
   </log_flags>
   <options>
   </options>
</cc_config>

In which file do I find this?

I also have a quick question about Resource Share.  I have three projects going: SETI@Home is set to use my GPU only, Rosetta@Home is set to use my CPU only, and Collatz Conjecture is set to use my Intel iGPU only.  Do I have to do anything funky with the resource share options to make sure all three are fully utilizing the processors or should I be all good?

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

In which file do I find this?

I also have a quick question about Resource Share.  I have three projects going: SETI@Home is set to use my GPU only, Rosetta@Home is set to use my CPU only, and Collatz Conjecture is set to use my Intel iGPU only.  Do I have to do anything funky with the resource share options to make sure all three are fully utilizing the processors or should I be all good?

"C:\ProgramData\BOINC"

Also, how do you resource share? Mind sharing? :D

"C:\ProgramData\BOINC"

Also, how do you resource share? Mind sharing? :D

Right, but which file?  I don't see <cc_config> anywhere in any of the xml files.

Oh, and I was just referring to the resource share number that balances project workloads, I've left them all at the default 100 since no two projects should be using the same processor.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro