For Boinc Users - Tips, Tricks and FAQ - Updated Oct 2013

winter is coming! (sorry had to!!! ahaha)

my office finally started dipping down below the 25c mark! even with both pc's boincing there hearts out!

All of life is forged from Hell, Yet from its beauty our legacy began.
 My Boinc Stats

Spoiler

CPU : I7-4790K, MB : ASUS Maximus VII Hero, Ram : Vengeance Pro 32gb, GPU : Asus Strix GTX 1070, PSU : XFX 850w Black Edition

winter is coming! (sorry had to!!! ahaha)

my office finally started dipping down below the 25c mark! even with both pc's boincing there hearts out!

its dipping down to 10c on my room during night and thanks to boinc it rises up to 20c until morning  B)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Grats to Ryan L. Booth

He stepped up to bat and took over the first place position in Boinc.

AWESOME WORK Ryan

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

indeed thats allot of points

i should be 4th here soon

All of life is forged from Hell, Yet from its beauty our legacy began.
 My Boinc Stats

Spoiler

CPU : I7-4790K, MB : ASUS Maximus VII Hero, Ram : Vengeance Pro 32gb, GPU : Asus Strix GTX 1070, PSU : XFX 850w Black Edition

Upgraded my Hyper 101 to a Hyper 212+. Gonna Boinc 24/7 now \o/

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

Upgraded my Hyper 101 to a Hyper 212+. Gonna Boinc 24/7 now \o/

Perfect - the 212 is a great little performer.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Perfect - the 212 is a great little performer.

The temperatures are about the same as my Hyper 101 about 5c lower, however the noise is SIGNIFICANTLY better.

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

So I just set up Boinc and BAM and joined the LTT team for SETI@home and Rosetta@home and I think it's working?  Could someone possibly check and see if I'm in the stats at all? :)

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

Might take a while to show up - link to the stats page is in the first post...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

hmmm yeah, finally got off the stock cooler and installed a 212 koz daaaamn my CPU was hot before.

I've been running BOINC on my laptop since march but today I decided to slap together some spare parts lying around for a dedicated Cosmology@Home machine. It's just an old Athalon 64 X2 6000+ with 2G of Corsair XMS2 DDR2 and a single 1G MSI R6570 and the hard drive from my laptop (ole lappy finally died) just chilling out on a box next to the workbench. And I of course joined the LinusTechTips Team.

I've been running BIONIC on my laptop since march but today I decided to slap together some spare parts lying around for a dedicated Cosmology@Home machine. It's just an old Athalon 64 X2 6000+ with 2G of Corsair XMS2 DDR2 and a single 1G MSI R6570 and the hard drive from my laptop (ole lappy finally died) just chilling out on a box next to the workbench. And I of course joined the LinusTechTips Team.

Very nice.

FYI - if you check the link on the main page, it one to all the GPU based projects - which some are specific for ATI. I don't think Cosmology has a GPU based project portion. Picking one that supports AMD can get you extra points as your AMD card will actually be working as well. :)

Very nice.

FYI - if you check the link on the main page, it one to all the GPU based projects - which some are specific for ATI. I don't think Cosmology has a GPU based project portion. Picking one that supports AMD can get you extra points as your AMD card will actually be working as well. :)

I run SETI, Colatz, and DistrRTgen and Collatz uses the ever-loving bejeezus out of my GPU :)

Just joined, I use my laptop to crunch while it streams music for me at work, so its a consistent 12hrs a day, 5 days a week. I watch a lot of techie Youtube while I work and figured I'd check out the forums and behold there's Boinc team I can contribute to!

Hows this for a cooler?

post-42068-0-06427500-1381862834_thumb.j

Play: Liten v3 (4970k @ 4.6GHz, 32GB Ram, Asus GTX 1070 Strix)

Just joined, I use my laptop to crunch while it streams music for me at work, so its a consistent 12hrs a day, 5 days a week. I watch a lot of techie Youtube while I work and figured I'd check out the forums and behold there's Boinc team I can contribute to!

Hows this for a cooler?

That is an awesome cooler! :)

First post updated with the new badge info. :)

Hm, are there any Projects which use the GPU (AMD) on Mac?

P.S.: And does any one knew a GPU monitoring tool for Mac?

Hm, are there any Projects which use the GPU (AMD) on Mac?

P.S.: And does any one knew a GPU monitoring tool for Mac?

http://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/ATI_Radeon

tl;dr

Collatz Conjecture

Prime Grid

Moo!

should work

No clue about GPU monitoring tools

Thanks! 

But hey… I NEEEED a monitoring Tool…  :(  :(  :(

And for Boinc Noobs: Were can I see my personal Stats? 

On the Account page of each Project -I know

But where combined?

And for Boinc Noobs: Were can I see my personal Stats? 

On the Account page of each Project -I know

But where combined?

http://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/team/detail/94311853

click on your name and it takes 12+ hours to refresh boincstats 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

THANKS!!!!!!

Do I have to use BAM! for this?

I am in 6 projects of the LTT Team for over 24hrs but without a management service

if you dont need it you dont need to ,i tried it but i didnt like it

if you dont need it you dont need to ,i tried it but i didnt like it

I also tried it, it was buggy… so now I am doing it manually.

but why am I not in the list?

I am computing in:

Einstein

fightmalaria

Milkyway

MindModelling

Poem

SETI

WCG

every project in the LTT team...

I also tried it, it was buggy… so now I am doing it manually.

but why am I not in the list?

I am computing in:

Einstein

fightmalaria

Milkyway

MindModelling

Poem

SETI

WCG

every project in the LTT team...

You have to be using same password on everything as you do on your boincstats account

boincstats refresh their database every 12 hours so its slow.