For Boinc Users - Tips, Tricks and FAQ - Updated Oct 2013

Hey guys, Ryan Booth here.  I got a shout-out on the May 3rd live stream for being a hefty contributor to the BIONC team.  I would like to say a big thanks to Liquidus for founding this amazing team.  I hope that we will continue to grow as a team and community.  I average ~230,000 credits and would love to start a thread where we post our system configurations for BOINC.  Once again, I cannot thank you enough, Liquidus, for creating the LinusTechTips_team!

I average ~230,000 credits and would love to start a thread where we post our system configurations for BOINC.

Do it up! As you can clearly see, I kind of want somewhere to discuss BOINC, but it gets lost in all the Folding threads that I end up just posting here.

Also, to keep it kind of competitive and interesting, it seems Colin and I (Full Throttle on Boincstats) are in a race to top 10 with Camisatx trying to stay ahead of us

Hey guys, Ryan Booth here.  I got a shout-out on the May 3rd live stream for being a hefty contributor to the BIONC team.  I would like to say a big thanks to Liquidus for founding this amazing team.  I hope that we will continue to grow as a team and community.  I average ~230,000 credits and would love to start a thread where we post our system configurations for BOINC.  Once again, I cannot thank you enough, Liquidus, for creating the LinusTechTips_team!

Do up a BOINC Rig thread. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Hey  Full Throttle, 

It is awesome to see see you gut have a little competition on the Boinc team.  Keep up the good work guys.

53 members now,  and Slick has joined the team, WOOT.

OK, tell us shat you got on this thread.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/16661-boinc-rig-thread/

Aww Liquidus, Ryan beat you to making a thread (don't know if we can have a mod merge them or not).

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/16508-boinc-computer-specifications/

Though I must say, your thread header looks way cooler.

No problem, I know one personally.  I will get him to fix it. 

Awesome Ryan did it again.

Daaaaamn... slick just beasted through the rankings.  Also, my rig seems to fold a lot less quickly when I'm not around to constantly update it... is there a setting to make sure it doens't just sit idle? (Like for updates when all tasks are complete)

Do I need to be a Canadian user to do this? It keeps failing my registration.

Where are you from?  I'm in the US.  There is a server down I think.  I can't see any team stats for Collatz Conjecture, nor can I turn in any work.  I will post back when everything is working how it should be and then you can try it again.

if you mean projects by saying teams; seti (search for extraterrestrial intelligence) search's for any intelligent creature on space milkyway = maps the milkyway galaxy and so on you can check each projects website for more information

Milkyway@home takes a bit of the galaxy from Sloan's Digital Sky Survey, and causes your computer to render a 3D representation of that part. Whatever part you happen to get.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

ok i finally sorted out the electricity bills and other stuff back to boinc again  B)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

ok i finally sorted out the electricity bills and other stuff back to boinc again  B)

I've contributed over 1.4 million points to POEM@Home so far.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

we need a table where we can see who is who in boinc :)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Badges are coming :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Badges are coming :)

Oh I do enjoy bling so very much!

something is very wrong here 

http://i.imgur.com/ZESfwKI.jpg

using Catalyst 13.4 WHQL not modded one with the SDK and APP inside of it

SOLVED (kinda) it seems like its not driver related issue its just a bigass calculation (usual size is 20000Gigaflops)

http://imgur.com/AadZ5Oh

Edited by Levent

Hey,

Did anyone know where Ryan Booth went too?  I don't see him on the team now.

something is very wrong here 

http://i.imgur.com/ZESfwKI.jpg

using Catalyst 13.4 WHQL not modded one with the SDK and APP inside of it

SOLVED (kinda) it seems like its not driver related issue its just a bigass calculation (usual size is 20000Gigaflops)

http://imgur.com/AadZ5Oh

Yeah, NBody's are the the larger calculations. They also don't seem to be done via GPU so I tend to turn them off (my CPU runs way too hot). That's still kinda crazy  huge though.

As for Ryan, i guess he moved on to another team. Or maybe he decided BTC mining was more aligned with his fiscal situation.

• 2 weeks later...

Here you go. This list is as of June 4, 2013 Some of the names may not match the Forums names.

Liquidus Plumbing

Ryan L. Booth

ndg

Tony

LeventErgun

Slick

Mike

Mike

Brian Thompson

Mikko Piuhola

camisatx

kaukaumooo

wise

Isaac

Ben

RX14

Full Throttle

tycheleto

Glenwing

Marcus86

Colin

nickmerkus

Anthony Di Iorio

kieranfun

dcn66100

Aromatik

Julio Salazar

Thanassis

Matthew

VladRSX

ixi

David Ch

Sengoku

imac_89

Denoxx

Taipeek

kotekking2

imac_89

speciealpha

ColdSC

theNejCar

Eli

Rob Wilkie

ColdSC

slickpc

semperflave

herman

ledepede

Whaler_99

Stephen

Jordi

DirkWiesenthal

Frido

Brain

Nicodemus

Samvir

u

rankupgamers

megabikerjoe

Joined the linus tech team, been slowing crunching numbers since 2007

Liquidus, I'm Isaac in the list of user. :)

Sweet,  and welcome to all the new peeps this past month.  We have 60 members now and 39 of them active.  Good work people.