For Boinc Users - Tips, Tricks and FAQ - Updated Oct 2013

have you tried other projects like milkyway / seti /disrttgen @Jozi ?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

have you tried other projects like milkyway / seti /disrttgen @Jozi ?

Testing with Constellation now. I smacked my antivirus in the face and I hope that was the problem.

Edit: Here we go:

12584444.jpg

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Woo! Just joined the team under Eddie. I have used bionc for about a week and then found the forums so it is nice joining a team. 

Woo! Just joined the team under Eddie. I have used bionc for about a week and then found the forums so it is nice joining a team. 

Welcome :) I started to boinc just today. Getting boinc going on my htpc now so I could fold more on my main rig.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Welcome :) I started to boinc just today. Getting boinc going on my htpc now so I could fold more on my main rig.

may i ask what is your specs of your htpc so that i can guide you through to the way that will give you most points

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

may i ask what is your specs of your htpc so that i can guide you through to the way that will give you most points

Intel core duo E6750 & gtx 560

Edit:

Here is an old pic to my htpc with leadtek 8800gts winfast. Now it's got gtx 560 from asus.

http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/1173-fractal-desing-core-1000/

Edit2:

Is there any other place to check my boinc score than this?

http://einstein.phys.uwm.edu/team_members.php?teamid=13261&sort_by=expavg_credit&offset=0

Galaxy S3 vs GTX 560 >.<

12595388.jpg

Please PM me your Boinc ID and Forum ID, that way I can correctly award you a badge later on.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Intel core duo E6750 & gtx 560

Edit:

Here is an old pic to my htpc with leadtek 8800gts winfast. Now it's got gtx 560 from asus.

http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/1173-fractal-desing-core-1000/

Edit2:

Is there any other place to check my boinc score than this?

http://einstein.phys.uwm.edu/team_members.php?teamid=13261&sort_by=expavg_credit&offset=0

Can try here:

Stats Link:

http://boincstats.co...44cfb82854273f/

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Can try here:

Stats Link:

http://boincstats.co...44cfb82854273f/

Oh it finally updated me there... Only took few days :/

Hi Jozi,

First of all welcome to Boinc.  If you like to change the view of your Boinc Manage, go tho view tab and click on the advance view.  You will get a lot more info on your Boinc there.

I have been on vacation and also going to PAX in Seattle this Thursday. 

Thanks to all the members that help each other,  and a big thanks to Whaler too.

Joined with SETI, I'll see how often I can contribute over the next few days.

CPU: Intel 3930K @ 4.6GHz || MOBO: Asus P9X79-E WS || GPU: 2x Nvidia GTX Titans || CASE: Fractal Design Define XL R2 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i

RAM: 32GB Dominator Platinum @ 2100 MHz || Storage: 240GB Samsung 840 Pro & 2TB Seagate Barracuda || Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX

Peripherals: Samsung S27B970D - Asus PB23HQ - Logitech MX Revolution - Corsair K95 - Samson Meteor Mic - Logitech C920 - Bowers&Wilkins MM-1

joined the team :)

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Joined with SETI, I'll see how often I can contribute over the next few days.

joined the team :)

Welcome to the team!

just joined the team with my main rig.. it mostly folds World Community Grid for another team but they dont have cuda support atm so i figured why let it sit idle heh

just joined the team with my main rig.. it mostly folds World Community Grid for another team but they dont have cuda support atm so i figured why let it sit idle heh

Perfect :)

I was wondering something last night:

Is it possible to do F@H on a ( Android) smartphone?

Would be funny....

Would be funny....

i am currently viewing F@H how to convert it to android :)

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

No - there is no FAH client for Andoid - but I believe there is a Boinc client for it.

Would be funny....

No - there is no FAH client for Andoid - but I believe there is a Boinc client for it.

Yes there is boinc client for android and I'm using it :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=edu.berkeley.boinc

Sorry but i'm going to have to stop BOINC-ing for a while. We've had some extreme heat the past few weeks and running my rigs is making my parents unhappy with how hot my room is. So, my rigs are off until further notice. I was hoping my i7 2630QM / GTX460M system wouldn't be as hot as it is, but alas it puts out MASSIVE amounts of heat, and my i5 3570k/ AMD7770 isn't much better at 24/7 full tilt.

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

Sorry but i'm going to have to stop BOINC-ing for a while. We've had some extreme heat the past few weeks and running my rigs is making my parents unhappy with how hot my room is. So, my rigs are off until further notice. I was hoping my i7 2630QM / GTX460M system wouldn't be as hot as it is, but alas it puts out MASSIVE amounts of heat, and my i5 3570k/ AMD7770 isn't much better at 24/7 full tilt.

That's to bad. I think a lot of people are waiting for cooler whether for more Boinc/Folding goodness.

Questions for the Boinc experts:

One PC is running Seti@home and another is running Milkyway.

One the team stats, I am showing up twice. Anyway to combine the two?

Questions for the Boinc experts:

One PC is running Seti@home and another is running Milkyway.

One the team stats, I am showing up twice. Anyway to combine the two?

they both have to be using same email and same password

they both have to be using same email and same password

Already are... Weird...