Your Folding Rig(s)

Figured to start a thread were we can post some info on the rig(s) we use, or farms in some cases :), for everyone to drool over, I mean see and get info from. :D

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Primary System:

Core i5 3570k with AMD 6870's in Crossfire - CPU and GPU folding

"The Farm"

#1 - Intel Core2Duo, GTX 660 - GPU folding

#2 - Intel QuadCore, GTX 560 - CPU and GPU folding

#3 - Intel Core2Due, GTX 560, GTX 460, GT 640 - CPU and GPU folding

#4 - Intel Core i7 Mobile - CPU folding

Averaging about 120K PPD on these.

Also have temporarily running:

HP ML350 Single Xeon - 10K PPD

HP DL380 Dual Xeon - 65KPPD

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Folding using my main rig, because usually I use my laptop during the day and at home

- Athlon II x4 640

- 2x HD 5770's @ 900Mhz

Yeah, not really bleeding edge technology, but at least it's getting some use

Same as douchecanoe, just using my main machine and doing 2-3 WU a day. Only doing SMP though. GPU is broke =\.

Folding on W7 w/ a 3770k stock speed.

La`~

Primary System:

"The Farm"

Nice farm you got there! :) Hope you can get those graphics cards soon!

I wonder what Crispy's running...

q6600 at 3GHz and a gts 250 cant keep up haha

will be adding a core i7 3770k with a gtx 660ti or 670 not sure yet in two weeks when i build my new rig.

Primary System:

"The Farm"

Mucking about with an old version of VMPlayer 3.0.0 (has 8 core support) which can apparently run a Linux distro much better then the current v7 SMP only...

Primary System:

"The Farm"

Well, that seems to have worked. Folding on 8 cores in a Linux distro using VMPlayer 3.0.0. Using HFM.NET, it is telling me I am now at 31K PPD. :D

i have an old iMac which is folding. Can the raspberrypi fold?
If it run the proper Linux distro, then I don't see why not. At $35 bucks, could make an impressive farm. :)

Primary System:

"The Farm"

Is the estimated PPD accurate? lol

Be prepared to be suprized, here is my main folding rigs (as they are not really powerful at all :P)

i7 970, GTX480, 6GB RAM - 45-47000PPD (can't use this at night anymore, my room is way too small to even live with this thing in there folding 24/7!)

i5 2400, GTX 560Ti, 8GB RAM - 35-3700PPD

i3 2120, HD5750, 4GB RAM - 9-10000PPD

Core 2 Duo - GTX280 - 4GB RAM - not sure about PPD on this one, as it's down due to me having to lend the PSU to put in the i5 rig (yes, it died)

I'm eager to know what jimbob775 has, God THAT has to be some serious business GPU's, or something.

I will move both the i3 and C2D rigs outside in the garage (when I get a replacement PSU), the C2D got to a whooping 30 degrees Celsius when running outside, and the GPU around 20 degrees Celsius will make everything much more quieter, as I only have one computer in my computer room running 24/7. I have to see what I do with the Alienware i7, but I might actually sell it soon, as I wan't to make a smaller main build. And I would get a lot of money for that thing, I'll promise you that!

MEH

Be prepared to be suprized, here is my main folding rigs (as they are not really powerful at all :P)

i7 970, GTX480, 6GB RAM - 45-47000PPD (can't use this at night anymore, my room is way too small to even live with this thing in there folding 24/7!)

Core 2 Duo - GTX280 - 4GB RAM - not sure about PPD on this one, as it's down due to me having to lend the PSU to put in the i5 rig (yes, it died)

I'm eager to know what jimbob775 has, God THAT has to be some serious business GPU's, or something.

I will move both the i3 and C2D rigs outside in the garage (when I get a replacement PSU), the C2D got to a whooping 30 degrees Celsius when running outside, and the GPU around 20 degrees Celsius will make everything much more quieter, as I only have one computer in my computer room running 24/7. I have to see what I do with the Alienware i7, but I might actually sell it soon, as I wan't to make a smaller main build. And I would get a lot of money for that thing, I'll promise you that!

If those are your main folding rigs, does that mean you have MORE? =P

We have an 4p users on here?

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

I have some more computer I could dedicate to this task, but this will mean that I have to move them outside. I will also have major problems supplying power and interenet where they will be. So I have much more, but I can't really put everything to use, as I only have one computer room and my own room to do folding in. (and OFC my garage, but as I said, hard to supply enough power/internet there)

MEH

Ahhh I see, that's too bad you can't take advantage of them.

Just ship them over, I'd be glad to put them to use! :)

Primary System:

"The Farm"

Here's to hoping :D

Nice setup! And yes, been wondering what the heck he is running myself. :)

Folding using my main rig, because usually I use my laptop during the day and at home

- Athlon II x4 640

- 2x HD 5770's @ 900Mhz

Yeah, not really bleeding edge technology, but at least it's getting some use

every little bit helps...

We have an 4p users on here?
4p? (stupid 10 charater min)

More changes - been using HFM to monitor performance. Really cool when you have multiple clients running - centralized monitoring spot. I am finding if I go from 2 Hyper-V hosts each running 2 cores to one running 4 cores I almost trippled the PPD. Going to consolidate the third one into a single Hyper-V running 6 cores. Should see a decent PPD boost. Also, have my hands on one GTX 460, probably another one next week and hopefully a couple 560 Ti's as well (thank you kajiji).

Now, bugger all, need to rebuild the linux systems to run Windows so I can get those GPU slots running...

The rig i'm using to fold now is my media rig, it's usually on most of the day anyway and it has an Nvidia card (GTX550Ti) So it actually scores more PPD than my Xfire 7770's. Runs a bit hot though. I'm seeing 59c on the cpu and 77c on the gpu.

CPU: INTEL CELERON G550 2.6GHz

RAM: G-skill Ripjawz 1333MHz 2x2GB

M/B: ASUS P8H77-I 1155 Socket

GPU: INNO3D GTX-550Ti 1GB

PSU: Corsair CX-430W 80+

SSD: SSDNOW 200V+ 60GB

CASE: Coolermaster Elite 120

The rig i'm using to fold now is my media rig, it's usually on most of the day anyway and it has an Nvidia card (GTX550Ti) So it actually scores more PPD than my Xfire 7770's. Runs a bit hot though. I'm seeing 59c on the cpu and 77c on the gpu.

CPU: INTEL CELERON G550 2.6GHz

RAM: G-skill Ripjawz 1333MHz 2x2GB

M/B: ASUS P8H77-I 1155 Socket

GPU: INNO3D GTX-550Ti 1GB

PSU: Corsair CX-430W 80+

SSD: SSDNOW 200V+ 60GB

CASE: Coolermaster Elite 120

And at the moment it is showing 16,000 PPD and rising.

i have an old iMac which is folding. Can the raspberrypi fold?
Not to mention power efficient. Those things sip power.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking