North Korea Denies Having Connection to Sony Network Hack, But Call on the Attack as 'a righteous deed'

Under the Lime Lights...

ap_kim_jong_un_jef_130402_wmain.jpg

North Korea has denied any rumors that it had taken part in the massive sony hack, North Korean state-run media KCNA applauded the attack.

"The hacking into the SONY Pictures might be a righteous deed of the supporters and sympathizers with the DPRK,

North Korea's response was riddled with anti-U.S. and anti-South Korean rhetoric.The statement didn't outright say the North Korean government was not responsible. But KCNA called North Korean involvement "a wild rumor" and the government suggested it couldn't be behind a cyberattack on "a country far across the ocean."

why wasn't this one leaked? :/

the-interview.png

Experts point to several signs of North Korean involvement. They say there are similarities between the malware used in this attack and that from a different cyber blitz against South Korea. Both were written in Korean, an unusual language in the world of cyber crime.

"We do not know where in America the SONY Pictures is situated and for what wrongdoings it became the target of the attack nor we feel the need to know about it."

Also few celebrity infos were leaked recently with their personal info's for a few Television stars & movie screen actors  such as Seth Rogen is getting paid more than James Franco. Rogen is making $8.4 million for writing, directing and starring in "The Interview" versus Franco's $6.5 million & Stallone's Social Security number & details..

Celebrity Leaks news:  (click)

LTT: Sony hack leaked thousands of Social Security numbers, celebrity data

http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/05/technology/security/conan-obrien-sylvester-stallone-sony-hack/index.html

Pretty cool news i might say, this will indeed dampen the political involvement in this case & can be deemed as a targeted well planned attack , Do leave your thoughts on this down below...

Link:

http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/07/technology/security/sony-north-korea/index.html?iid=SF_T_River

Details separate people.

Keep in mind that it could also be a group that wishes to catalyze the tentions between the countries. Or just a North Korean fan group or wathever. 

But I also wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be them.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Seth Rogen is getting paid more than James Franco. Rogen is making $8.4 million for writing, directing and starring in "The Interview" versus Franco's $6.5 million

It's a comedic movie.  I would be surprised if Franco was getting more than Seth on this stage.  That is not to say that Franco can't be worth more.  Could be that this role is what establishes him as more marketable in future comedic roles.  Not sure what the point of comparing them would be either, other then to create drama.  Until you realize that both just made more then most people will in their entire lives...

Wait North Korea has computers?

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

When the Dear Leader finally get's ahold of the movie in question, he's gonna feel mighty silly when the stars end up smoking weed with his doppelganger instead of assassinating him. 

Satan's buttcrack 4790K - MSI mpower ultramaxextreme AC - 16gb G.skillz Trident 2400 - ZLoLtac GTX 980  - Corsair H110 Overkill - Oculus Rift DK2 - Asus vg248qe7the144hzone

Scumbag North Korea

Leaks Sony movies, doesn't leak the one that has their jimmies rustled. 

It would seem out of character for DPRK to do this... I vaguely remember someone mentioning the possibility of South Korea doing it? I think it might've been from the latest episode of The Tek but I can't quite remember.

GW2: Vettexl.9726

Regardless if it is truly from North Korea, I agree with their statement. To all companies, if you don't improve your security, you deserve any attack that you receive. These attacks just keep on exposing how little we value security. That is, of course, until it gets bypassed.

Why are there 5 microphones?

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Why are there 5 microphones?

They are Sony microphones too! 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Maybe the north koreans are massive spiderman fans and hacked them to spite them for how bad they're doing with said movies? 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Geforce RTX 3090 FE 

We had nothing to do with it. 

But that's what they get. 

For messing with us. 

:ph34r:

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I feel like anyone who goes to watch The Interview is going to be in grave danger now.. 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

I feel like anyone who goes to watch The Interview is going to be in grave danger now.. 

If that were the case, I might actually watch it.

*Tin foil hat goes on*

Has anyone considered this was an inside job by sony to drum up controversy, and thus attention, for their movie? Think about the word of mouth of the sheeple of the world "Yeah this movie pissed off north korea, you should watch it"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

If that were the case, I might actually watch it.

*Tin foil hat goes on*

Has anyone considered this was an inside job by sony to drum up controversy, and thus attention, for their movie? Think about the word of mouth of the sheeple of the world "Yeah this movie pissed off north korea, you should watch it"

Tbh I do want to watch it now, before all this crap I didn't care at all, now I'm slightly curious. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Tbh I do want to watch it now, before all this crap I didn't care at all, now I'm slightly curious. 

Funny how "conspiracies" are a little more believable when the hypothetical perpetrator is a corporation trying to make any dime they can.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Wait they are smart enough to run computers, I thought they were all brainwashed though.   :o

Regardless if it is truly from North Korea, I agree with their statement. To all companies, if you don't improve your security, you deserve any attack that you receive. These attacks just keep on exposing how little we value security. That is, of course, until it gets bypassed.

So if your house gets broken into you deserved it?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Sony in particular deserves it. How many times have they had massive breaches in their security? It's like a yearly thing. I'm not even surprised anymore. It's still a crime, but Sony just doesn't seem to give a shit about security. If I were in charge there, two factor authentication would be mandatory for every employee with a whole revamp in their security. Not just their internet based shit, but their hardware level stuff too. 11TB is a MASSIVE amount of data. It's possible someone had physical access to some core machines to get this recent leak. It's pretty hard to download 11TB in an enterprise setting without anyone noticing. 

So, my house is equivalent to a 19 billion dollar company? I wish it was. There is a huge different scale of money that can be poured into these things. Being as poor as I am compared to a company worth billions, I can at least close the windows and lock my doors, which as worked for many years, unlike Sony's system. My security has been working for the scale of the worth of my property. I'm guessing you don't think it should not scale well when its a company worth billions of dollars? Mind you, this company has got hacked multiple times. 

We can even relate this to computers. Who is the main culprit for getting viruses? The users of course. It's not the internet's fault that it contains so much of them. It is the user that clicks/downloads un-safe files that contain viruses, and not protecting their computer from it.

So, my house is equivalent to a 19 billion dollar company? I wish it was. There is a huge different scale of money that can be poured into these things. Being as poor as I am compared to a company worth billions, I can at least close the windows and lock my doors, which as worked for many years, unlike Sony's system. My security has been working for the scale of the worth of my property. I'm guessing you don't think it should not scale well when its a company worth billions of dollars? Mind you, this company has got hacked multiple times. 

We can even relate this to computers. Who is the main culprit for getting viruses? The users of course. It's not the internet's fault that it contains so much of them. It is the user that clicks/downloads un-safe files that contain viruses, and not protecting their computer from it.

Sony in particular deserves it. How many times have they had massive breaches in their security? It's like a yearly thing. I'm not even surprised anymore. It's still a crime, but Sony just doesn't seem to give a shit about security. If I were in charge there, two factor authentication would be mandatory for every employee with a whole revamp in their security. Not just their internet based shit, but their hardware level stuff too. 11TB is a MASSIVE amount of data. It's possible someone had physical access to some core machines to get this recent leak. It's pretty hard to download 11TB in an enterprise setting without anyone noticing. 

so the word deserve is not what you meant. They should be responsible for their security but no normal person or company deserves to get broken/stolen from. its like saying its acceptable to steal things from people because they are weak, I think not, but they should be responsible about their stuff security.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

so the word deserve is not what you meant. They should be responsible for their security but no normal person or company deserves to get broken/stolen from. its like saying its acceptable to steal things from people because they are weak, I think not, but they should be responsible about their stuff security.

I don't think "deserve" has anything to do with justifying how the action occurs to them. You could hear phrases "people who do evil thing deserve to die", but that doesn't necessarily mean that they should be killed. Rather, they should receive punishment for something they have committed. It doesn't always necessarily mean that they should always receive the reward/punishment.

As far as you what your example was, I think they do deserve it, but because they are people, they also deserve protection. Pretty sure the basis of most wars is because someone is weak anyway, so you're correct. You're also correct that it is not acceptable, but that is what morality is, which I don't think should affect what consequence people deserve.

In terms of digital security, the best way of making things more secure is to try to find a hole in the security and patching it. That is how most problems are solved.  (If I remember correctly)The last big attack on Sony, apparently there as an employee that was contacting the higher-ups to fix it, which it wasn't. This attack, I'm not too sure I can really call this stealing though, as the only thing that was really done, was information was put onto the internet.  Would it be stealing, if someone took confidential government documents and released them to the internet to expose something? The 'thief' gained nothing from what they did. Again, this isn't necessarily justified, but its not completely wrong either. You could say, the hackers could have just told Sony, but if Sony doesn't listen to employees, I'm not too sure they would even consider listening to anonymous people on the webs. You could also say that this group of hackers should not have hacked Sony then. Well, then the people who are profiting off this secret access to Sony's network would be profiting it secretly.

Even if we look at the CS:GO tourney, where a team used a glitch to win (not necessarily justifiable either). The community was aware of it. Do you think Valve would fix it if it wasn't as exposed as it was during the tournament?

Main Point: In general, exposing a glitch is the best way to improve software/hardware. If you don't want to improve it, people should push you to improve it. (Unless of course we are talking about obsolete tech)